Question about sorcs/sages

Col_Wilson

I main a level 43 assault vanguard, played the first month, quit in Feb, and came back recently. I'm still having the same issue. There are some sorcs that never seem to take damage. At all. Every other class I've never had a problem killing 1 on 1 (or at least dishing out heavy damage before I go down), but 90% of the time I attack a sorc, all I see is absorb... absorb... absorb... What the hell is up with this? I've only ever seen sorcs go down when they have like 3 or more people attacking them. I'm not talking about heals either, they just seem to have a permanent shield on. I don't get it. I consistently put out some of the highest damages in WZs and I'm competent at killing the other classes... am I doing something wrong or what? I can proc HiB 10 times in a row while all my burns are active and still do no damage to a sorc, it seems. Any advice?

I main a level 43 assault vanguard, played the first month, quit in Feb, and came back recently. I'm still having the same issue. There are some sorcs that never seem to take damage. At all. Every other class I've never had a problem killing 1 on 1 (or at least dishing out heavy damage before I go down), but 90% of the time I attack a sorc, all I see is absorb... absorb... absorb... What the hell is up with this? I've only ever seen sorcs go down when they have like 3 or more people attacking them. I'm not talking about heals either, they just seem to have a permanent shield on. I don't get it. I consistently put out some of the highest damages in WZs and I'm competent at killing the other classes... am I doing something wrong or what? I can proc HiB 10 times in a row while all my burns are active and still do no damage to a sorc, it seems. Any advice?

Sorcs/sage have static barrier/force armor. This is a bubble spell that absorbs damage. Dot em up with with your burn/spam ion pulse/hammer shot till bubble is gone then HiB, rinse and repeat. The sorc/sages go down faster then a ...well nvm that...they die fast. At lvl 50 I hammer shot as I'm closing/incendiary round/sticky grenade/assault plastique/ion pulse/HiB/spam ion pulse/stockstrike till HiB procs....sorcs/sages are squishy.

Sorcs are imo unfortunately the squishiest and most underpowered AC in the game. I kill them 1v1 even with my merc healer who I play once in a month or two. I really wish it wasn't so, because I always thought they should be the strongest class in the game (at least by my understanding of the Star Wars lore). Back in the days full of purple lightning it was hard to cap anything, but at least it looked damn epic and Star Wars like! :)

I really hate the fact that all sorcs have become healers that run around like girls when you throw an eye on them :(

Have you ever seen a sorc try solo cap a node and get the defender below 80%HP?

P.S.: I dont have a sorcerer myself.

A vanguard eat sorcerer/sage for breakfast.

I don't know what you are doing wrong, but the sage DPS at lvl 50 is really hard to play and stay alive. If you get focused you are no MOAR then dead.

In WZ if my sage didn't get focused, I finish most of the time first dps, but the Vanguard / Pyrotech could easily kill sorcerer with the Pull / big burst and Trooper Bubble.

If you can kill all class easily, I don'T know how you can't kill the most squishy class of the game.

The sorcerer and sage used to be the beast in WZ in patch 1.1 with the hybrid spec with proc of chain lightning insta cast, but since they remove that spec, DPS sage/sorcerer aren't beast anymore ...

They have a bubble armor (called force armor/static barrier) that absorbs about 4k of any damage (with the skill boost). It has a 20 sec period lockout (ie it cannot be re-applied for 20 sec from when it was initially casted on) or 17sec on 50 with appropriate gear. Edited by MusicRider

In normal wzs yes a few and being successful too. It only takes longer as there is lack of burst in sage/sorc dps and because they have to play the kite and hide depending on who they are fighting. Or very very very rarely with luck and a well timed 8sec mezz.

Sorcs are imo unfortunately the squishiest and most underpowered AC in the game. I kill them 1v1 even with my merc healer who I play once in a month or two. I really wish it wasn't so, because I always thought they should be the strongest class in the game (at least by my understanding of the Star Wars lore). Back in the days full of purple lightning it was hard to cap anything, but at least it looked damn epic and Star Wars like! :)

I really hate the fact that all sorcs have become healers that run around like girls when you throw an eye on them :(

I'm a sorc healer, and yeah I "run around like a little girl" whenever I get attacked, because when you're a healer the point is to get away from the enemy. If I'm being attacked by melee, it usually takes at least two of them to kill me. The ones that kill me fast if I'm not careful are snipers and powertechs. I guess a lot of sorcs are now healers because it's the strongest tree to spec in terms of helping your team. It's not my job to cap nodes, it's my job to heal my team as they cap/defend. I rolled a sorc specifically to be a healer though. Never rolled him to be a dps character in the first place. There are just some classes that were meant to be healers. Doesn't make me feel "weak" that I play one.

Edited by Solarenergy

Yes, you are going to be seeing different results in the lower brackets. Unfortunately for sorcs/sages, they dont scale well with uber gear and are probably one of the weakest AC's in 50s pvp. Dont worry, just level to 50 and start getting your gear. You will be facerolling them in no time.