Companions 101: Mako

CourtneyWoods

Hey everyone!

Please share your favorite Mako moments this thread. My personal favorite moment is...

When I brought her to meet Mandalore for the first time. She was pretty adorable meeting one of her heroes she had read about her whole life.

You can also suggest who you would like to see in our next Companions 101 blog. Since we did an Imperial character this time, our next blog will be a Republic Companion.

Happy Hunting! :jawa_cool:

Edited by CourtneyWoods

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first toon was a Powertech bountyhunter. Every single time I could, I used her. She was the most useful companion out of everyone, plus she always made me giggle with her (in)famous battle cry:

"I'm not just a pretty sidekick, buster!"

Interesting Observation:

the redhead customization gives her... interestingly... shaped cybernetics near her mouth.

Edited by BlazingShadow

LOL noticed they didn't bring up Skadge in her companion affection list. And she is still wishy washy for someone who idolizes Bounty Hunters, the Great Hunt and grew up on the mean streets of Nar Shadaa....more like the mean halls of some over sheltered, highly strict Coruscant academy for the prestigious.

i just discover here this week, with my last character, a powertech.

a very good companion, his story seems to be nice.

and she makes me better, less violent..so my background is more interesting.

thanks for the wallpaper.

Mako is sweet and a great friend to my female Bounty Hunter. I really like how they were an all women team in the Great Hunt and worked so well together.

The last wallpaper is really cute!

I want to see Doc in the next 101!

I think my favorite moments with Mako were the little tidbits of girl talk -- understandably rare in the BH's story. ;D There's one conversation that goes something like this:

Mako: Is that new armor? How do you manage to make durasteel look good? If I wore that, people'd think I strapped on a shipping crate.

Fem!BH: Guys love a girl in durasteel. Even the flamethrower doesn't keep 'em away.

Mako: I've seen how they look at it -- I think they like the flamethrower, too.

Vector or Quinn for next column, please :3

Also, favourite moments? Hmm, maybe when she complimented me on my armour (You manage to make durasteel look good, or something), or...

The events with Coral. Though the conclusion didn't feel entirely satisfactory (I do hope Mako finds about more about that secret project) it was a fun adventure with her, and I feel she might have appreciated her adoptive parents a bit more by the end of it.

Can the Bounty Hunter get another female companion??? lol

Mako seems more like a little sister than a romantic interest. Maybe that's just me tho. I'd have preferred Kaliyo or even Jew'la Nightbringer as a romantic interest...

So far I have her at 6000+ affection points, and my first chance to get into a romantic relationship back fires :eek: Maybe it was all those marks I flirted with before lol

Can the Bounty Hunter get another female companion??? lol

Mako seems more like a little sister than a romantic interest. Maybe that's just me tho. I'd have preferred Kaliyo or even Jew'la Nightbringer as a romantic interest...

Mhmm, or Bloodworthy(? The human dude). Pity all that crap with the insane Jedi had to happen :rolleyes:

Favorite Mako Moment (FMM!) incoming!

Mako: Got a few minutes? Maybe you could give me a few pointers on my pistol technique?

BH: Guns and my favorite girl? Sign me up.

Mako: You're so cute when you're thinking about shooting something

I was so excited to see Mako for this time's Companions 101. My first character was my Mercenary, so I'm pretty attatched to her.

Now, lets hope Khem Val pops up soon... :D

I never really liked Mako, I found her a bit annoying, she has too much of a 'morning person' attiude about her. Drove me nuts, so I ran with Gault. I suppose my favorite moment with her, if I had to pick one was when Braden died.

Tbh, I'm a bit ticked off that you guys are ignoring us Malavai Quinn fans. We've been practically begging for him since this stuff started. Now if you are alternating the bios between imp/rep, it'll be at very least May (but most likely longer) to learn about Malavai. I hope you guys do a really excellent job on Malavai's story, cause this sucks having to wait this long, and longer for him. :/

Tbh, I'm a bit ticked off that you guys are ignoring us Malavai Quinn fans. We've been practically begging for him since this stuff started. Now if you are alternating the bios between imp/rep, it'll be at very least May (but most likely longer) to learn about Malavai. I hope you guys do a really excellent job on Malavai's story, cause this sucks having to wait this long, and longer for him. :/

If they don't mention the Quinncident, I'll probably explode in fan-girl-rage.

Oh Mako, you bring me back some memories. You also taught me many things I knew not were possible, the first being, it is possible to hate a fictional character, as much as I do. The first time I heard her voice, I cringed. When she started as my companion, I cried. When she first spoke the words "I'm not just the pretty sidekick buster" I died on the inside. Me being a DPS Merc, I had to suffer through the horrible wrath of Mako until I got Blizz. I may be one in a million, but I really, really hate Mako. She (in my opinion) is not just the worst companion, but the worst NPC in the game.

With that aside now, I would really like to see one on Xalek, he is one of my faves. But for the Republic, M1 would be really cool.

MAAAA-KOOOO! :D

I love this little girl! Sure, she seems just a bit young for a romance, but I think the romance works very well. She is 19 at the beginning of the story, so by the end she would be what? 22, 23? It fits that she pushes away your advances until she gets a bit older. You can definitely tell she matures in the 3+ years the story covers. Favorite moment? Probably letting her watch me shoot Tarro Blood. Four times. Also when she watched me punch out that Alderaanian noble and, as always, had a sassy comment to make. As far as conversations, I'll have to second (or is it third?) the armor conversation. It's definitely different on a male (she's kind of flirting rather than complimenting), but it's still the same general statement (you look good in durasteel, I wouldn't). Maybe that's why she only wears medium armor. :p

As for the next companion? It's Republic, so I'm going to say either Qyzen Fess or Lord Scourge, with Doc coming in second. :D

My favorite moment was when I played the JC class line after the BH class line.

It was an unexpected treat to hear on of my favorite companions have another conversation *tear* (having it be with a Trandoshan even better).

Will we ever get new conversations with companions? or repeatable conversations on ship?

Edited by Gordoma

Mako is pretty cool and a nice friend for a female BH, but she got to be pretty annoying with her unnecessary nagging (when not even in battle):

"You ok?"

"Try to be more careful"

Mako's shouts in battle got stale compared with Gault's sarcasm or allure of Torian. Also as a healer Mako was not as useful as other companions. It may be fun to see Mako's reactions as a dark BH but I am LS.

From experience with the games' combat system with its companion system, if you are not a healer, this companion will make leveling and dailies vastly more easier to do, which tends to be a bad thing, especially if you didn't like the companion at all, luckily i do.

I would have preferred they made the companions not make an impact on combat difficulty at all, that way you could use any companion without feeling like you shafted yourself in a survivability point of view.

Overall, Mako is enjoyable to have around while leveling, she agrees with my stand point on mostly lightside, profit motive and revenge on a specific person, otherwise, i would have to skip the bounty hunter as a viable class to play, because i am not a fan of healing or tanking, which means, its use this companion or have more issues then you should have.

I had no problems with Mako until the romance stuff started. She is a great healer and didn't find her that annoying when she talked, Then she started getting psycho. I steered the conversations around every flirt and did not give her any courting gifts as I was just not interested in that. So eventually she want's to get married. I'm like "uh, no." So then she starts talking marriage and even sending me presents in the mail (which I gave to other companions :D ) and talking about a honeymoon. So I'm running around with Skadge now.

I had no problems with Mako until the romance stuff started. She is a great healer and didn't find her that annoying when she talked, Then she started getting psycho. I steered the conversations around every flirt and did not give her any courting gifts as I was just not interested in that. So eventually she want's to get married. I'm like "uh, no." So then she starts talking marriage and even sending me presents in the mail (which I gave to other companions :D ) and talking about a honeymoon. So I'm running around with Skadge now.

LOL Awesome!!!! .....(bit of RP too)

Mako absolutely annoys me. She rarely agreed with my choices and my Hunter isn't the evilest of evil. I switched her out with Gault as soon as I got him.

For the next Pub blog, I vote for Doc (don't think he's been done yet.). For the next Imp blog, for the love of the stars, please do Malavai Quinn.

I never really liked Mako, I found her a bit annoying, she has too much of a 'morning person' attiude about her. Drove me nuts, so I ran with Gault. I suppose my favorite moment with her, if I had to pick one was when Braden died.

Hey Lunafox,

I just wanted to jump in here and say we definitely aren't ignoring the Quinn requests. He is one of my absolute favorite Companions and I can't wait to do a Companions 101 on him. That said, the reason why you won't see him for a little while is that we are trying to cover a Companion from every class before we return to that class for another Companions 101. This doesn't mean your suggestions do not count - Quinn is most definitely going to be the next Warrior Companion we write about, but to be fair we want to do a blog on an Inquisitor Companion before then since they haven't had a Companions 101 on any of their Companions yet. I keep a chart for which Companions are suggested on the forums, social media, and PMs to me so all of your suggestions do count.

TL;DR: I love Quinn - he is my Marauder's husband in game and is very dreamy. He will have a Companions 101 in the future - keep suggesting him, but we want to get to all the other classes before returning to the Warrior. :jawa_biggrin: I promise you, he will be the first Imperial Companion in our second round of the Companions 101 series.

Edited by CourtneyWoods