Hard Core Raiders : CHILL

Not sure if trolling or just dumb.

You said it yourself, the game has been out for 4 months, even the most casual of the casuals should be 50 by now. Some of us don't enjoy rolling alts and don't consider that "endgame content". I leveled 1 alt to 50 just because I had to level up something with someone that just bought the game, I will never do it again. I hate leveling, even in this game. I don't think the stories even are all that good and I've seen 3 of them. It would make the leveling enjoyable if it was solely done by class quests but it's not. You have to repeat the same old side quests making it actually more annoying than leveling in other MMO's because you have to space bar through it all or suffer hearing the same drawn out dialogue again just to go click 10 random things out in the wild.

My complaint about endgame is not the amount but the difficulty(or rather lack there of) and how buggy it still is.

And you're 100% allowed to feel that way, and it is a perfectly valid way to play games. Where it starts getting weird, is what crosses the mind of someone like you to go ahead and get into an MMORPG (and stick around I guess?) that months before released, and even after, has been refered to by the devs and pretty much all over the medias as a "Massively Single Player RPG". Thats like someone who doesn't like playing against other players to get into Starcraft 2 and complain the single player is too short, someone playing DDO complaining that its not futuristic enough or that too much of the game is instanced, or eventually people who will get into GW2 and complain about the lack of dedicated healers.

Why do all the games have to be the same? I personally play this game because there's enough of the stuff i do enjoy (story quests, reasons to make alts, the pvp is cool, and helping to keep our guild managed) to keep me around. If at any point in time a full week elapses where I can't think of stuff to do, or if the entirety of the endgame content doesn't interest me, I'll be out of there faster than you can turn on a lightsaber.

Now that 1.2 is around, if the answer is "I'm waiting to see if it changes to be my way", then yes, it makes sense. If its "BIOWARE MUST DO THIS BECAUSE THATS WHAT _I_ LIKE", then its just pretty dumb to stay around. I'd personally be VERY surprised if they made endgame content significantly harder, considering what their original goal was. And while they did say they would have harder stuff, they were pretty specific to the kind of challenge they were going to put in... less numbers, more "strategy". And "strategy" in an MMO rarely means much...

Edited by PhoenixMatrix

The bugs are the only things that make Soa a hard fight LOL. No bugs easy kill... bugs crop up; we have to fight for that kill.

Yeah makes me think that the bugs were intentional to stop us from rolling through it so fast lol.

Geez, I see nothing but whinning on this board about the end game content: this game has been out for 4 mos and you expect it to have as much content as WoW did after 5 yrs? Get real.

December 13th EGA began > January 13th game has been live for one month > February 13th game has been live for two months > March 13th game has been live for exactly 3 months today. Less then 3 months if you are counting from the 20th which was the official release date.

I was just wondering after reading all of the replies here and I have to admit that I did enjoy the civilized debate, so rare nowadays especially over the internet, mostly after the point that this thread was turned into a "raiding is too easy in this game, why don't they fix it and make it like Vanilla WoW, EQ, etc..."... And I agree with you and would have backed you up and jump in the debate myself till a few days ago, cause it is TOO easy BUT... Didn't any of you read the upcoming changes in 1.2.? :eek:

It's a big read so I'll just quote a part that interests us here:

Not saying it will be great, but at least there is a hope of things changing and soon. They said early April release... Give it a while, and yes most ppl didn't see Naxx in vanilla or AQ 40 but wow didn't have those 4 months upon release, was there since beta up to ICC so I do know a little of WoW history myself too.

They also told us that the operations on release were going to be challenging so you'll forgive me if I'm skeptical about their opinion on "harder".

And you're 100% allowed to feel that way, and it is a perfectly valid way to play games. Where it starts getting weird, is what crosses the mind of someone like you to go ahead and get into an MMORPG (and stick around I guess?) that months before released, and even after, has been refered to by the devs and pretty much all over the medias as a "Massively Single Player RPG".

First of all, I've never seen a dev refer to this as a "Massively Single Player RPG", I've seen them emphasize on the RPG part but never called it Single Player. As for the media, I don't look to them for opinion or reviews on MMO's since they are usually just filled with uneducated garbage, I play the game for myself and form my own opinion. In this case I've been playing since I got into beta in August and enjoy this game which is why I'm still around. I enjoy it because it is a pretty standard MMO imo and it is Star Wars. Just because I enjoy it doesn't mean I will not have complaints when certain things are not what I would like them to be. I'm not going anywhere yet, and if I do I don't make some idiotic post about why I left, I just cancel my subscription and look for my next MMO. If 1.2 rolls around and the raid content is still extremely buggy and something I clear in a single night(talking about hard/nightmare modes not normal) then yeah I doubt I'll stick around for another month.

It took Ford like 50 years to add a radio into their models....(Ahh the Model T, those were the days)

And you want your radio included on a 2012 model?

Give them some time!

While I agree with the sentiment, the analogy is way off-base.

It is my opinion that Bioware needs to take a page out of its own book and apply it to Ops. Why do they have optional bosses in FPs but not Ops? This would essentially kill two birds with one stone. Add 2 optional bosses to an Op that are on a much higher difficulty scale (I.e. the droid in Kaon) for the more experienced/talented raiders but allow everyone else to finish the instance without killing these optional bosses. Heck, even make the story/final boss fight different if one optional boss is killed and different still with both dead. This would allow many mechanics to remain in place, therefore optimizing dev time as prior posts discussed, and not require an entirely new raid zone for hardcore raiders.

The other option would be to add a Ragnaros/Nefarian as the final boss which would require a few weeks/month of farming the instance to gear up in order to take them down. However, this does not work as well with the difficulty modes. This brings me to my final point, Loot! Far too easy to gear up in this game. Bosses need to drop 1 piece of tier gear each with a CHANCE at a rare drop as well. These rare drops should not be part of the tier set but instead be superior quality and have interesting procs/buff effects on them. This would serve the dual purposes of making gear choices more fun/complex and keeping people from getting bored of raiding because there is still über loot out there for them to acquire. These rare drops should also have cool names that relate to the lore. And bring on the legendary-quality item quest that must be assigned to a specificly pimp raider because it benefits the entire raid if used properly!

I'm of the opinion that we are in vanilla swtor right now so the mass panic is an overreaction. Give these guys some time to get stuff right, 1.2 seems to be a step in the right direction from my point of view.

TLDR- add optional bosses for the hardcore guys to work on and the new guys to aspire to kill. Reduce the amount of loot from each boss/add rare drops to keep people interested in raiding.

The major flaw in your second argument there, is that designing content with the intent to only have a small amount of the player base access it, is not a smart financial move.

It is my opinion that the MMO trend will continue with tiered difficulties of encounters. It is the most cost-effective way to provide multiple types and difficulties of challenges. It is why WoW changed to do that, and it is why SWTOR came ready with it.

Its not a small amount of players. The majority of the people playing this game ARE

at endgame. You are saying the same thing that many people have been ignored for.