What happened to Crafting since 2011?

ZingFreelancer

Hi... Yes, I just reinstalled the game a few weeks later. Is How much has changed since 2011? I find it difficult to wrap my head around a few things. Like for instance, majority of my item modifications are gone and I have to re-learn them. But can I actually re-learn them?

What about ability to learn orange version of an item by getting a critical success on a blue item and then reverse engineering it. Is that still possible?

Sorry if my questions are stupid, I tried looking for answers on google but most of the links I found are either from 2011 or 2016.

Hi... Yes, I just reinstalled the game a few weeks later. Is How much has changed since 2011? I find it difficult to wrap my head around a few things. Like for instance, majority of my item modifications are gone and I have to re-learn them. But can I actually re-learn them?

What about ability to learn orange version of an item by getting a critical success on a blue item and then reverse engineering it. Is that still possible?

Sorry if my questions are stupid, I tried looking for answers on google but most of the links I found are either from 2011 or 2016.

Most of the stuff from 2016 is probably still valid.

If you want to understand the current state of crew skills, read the "understanding crew skills" guide linked in my signature.

To answer your specific questions:

I have been playing since 3 months after launch and I cannot remember a time when one could RE for orange equipment schematics. Orange equipment schematics came from (and still do come from) running mission skill missions and randomly getting schematics.

2 years ago, they altered what crafting skills can craft what stuff:

• Artifice - lost enhancements but gained the ability to craft relics at all levels. They also "archived" all of the old color crystal schematics that gave less than +41 stat and shifted the materials requirements for color crystals (instead of being able to craft a +1 stat blue +1 stat green and +1 stat red from grade 1, you now craft +41 stat blue with grade 1, +41 stat red with grade 2, etc). All color crystals require level 10 to use.
  • Cybertech - lost armorings but gained enhancements. resuable grenades have been removed
  • Armormech - gained resistive (high endurance) armoring from cybertech
  • Synthweaving - gained versatile (high mastery; mastery replaced the four "main stats" [cunning, wilpower, strength, agility]) armoring from cybertech
  • Biochem - reusable stims, medpaks, and adrenals were removed (although not too long ago they were added back into the game through currency acquired from running a specific FP)
  • Augments got shifted around a little: Armormech now crafts shield, absorb, and versatile (mastery); Armstech now crafts accuracy, overkill (power), and fortitude (endurance); Synthweaving now crafts alacrity, critical, and redoubt (defense). Command (Presence) augments were removed.

Furthermore they altered the crafting path for all stuff...no more green --> 3 blue --> 2-5 purple. Just 1 blue to 1 purple. And with the removal of the "main stats" for a single "mastery" stat, all of the old mods were no longer needed and were therefore "archived". So if you have a Cybertech and are looking for say a "cunning mod" that you used to be able to craft it is probably in your archive. But, you can learn the schematic for "lethal" mod from the trainer it will cost less materials overall, have better stats, and will work with any DPS or healing class. But if you are looking to craft armorings on that Cybertech you are out of luck. All armoring schematics were removed from Cybertech.

Lastly, the only stupid question is the one not asked. So if you have any more questions please ask.

• 2 weeks later...
I love that !

Also, props for the excellent heads-up.

Paraphrasing several notable personalities: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_such_thing_as_a_stupid_question

Also being an IT person I tend to get asked questions prefaced by "this may be a stupid question..." And while there are many easily answered questions, making the statement "the only stupid question is one not asked," put my customers at ease and lets them know that "I am ready willing and able to answer and and all questions you may have."

Edited by psandak