Badly optimized gear? Why?

Why are so many of the epic tionese/columi/rakata sets so badly optimized?

In my case, the BH set pieces all have + accuracy. Which is overkill.

Considering many of the ear pieces or implants that drop in HM or raids also have accuracy this gets rather stupid.

I had to remod 3 of my rakata pieces with mods found in my Champion pvp gear (38 endurance 19 crit 48 surge) cause else i was way over hit capped it would hurt my dps.

I checked the sets from other classes and it seems many got that problem too. I only saw the sith sorcerer dps set filled with alacriy and crit/surge. Why can't we have some more of that?

Kinda rediculous i have to remod the "best gear" in the game...

Actually all the classes have a lack of customizability when it comes to Rakata gear.

There is nothing wrong with replacing the accuracy mod with Crit/surge/power from columi. If you are already in full Rakata it should be easy for you to farm out the IA enforcer gloves a few times for the overpowered mod.

Being a BH I wouldnt complain if I were you. Once you get the power/surge mods, and are spamming 4-5 5k tracer missles(adding proc damage from trink) theres no other class in the game that come close to you in damage and survivability.

Most players dont realize the incredible amount of farming it goes into min/maxing your toon with mods.

For instance with MERC DPS BH, there is only 1 Rakata mod worth having in the BH gear. The mod from the pyrotech Rakata gloves. So once you do gear out in Rakata, you have to replace EVERY SINGLE Rakata mod with a Pyrotech glove mod, then you have to replace the enhancement with the IA Enforcer columi gloves. Roughly 3 of those at least. Since you'll need 2 Rakata Accuracy mods to remain to still be accuracy capped.

Even the Rakata weapons, you'll have to farm a few mods for them. such as myself, I want power so need 2 red black power color crystals.

When I inspect people on the fleet im amazed at how newbed out in gear and unmodded most people are. Severely gimping themselves.

ps- the mod you used totally blows compared the ones I mentioned. its ok for pvp i guess.

Also if you are a serious player, craft your own epic Rakata gear for the Exceptional Augment. Craft your own Columi Implants for augments. Augments are a must have as they allow you to cap Accuracy, and help with crit/power/surge. Crafting your own Belt and bracers helps a ton.

Edited by Eclipsith

Guess what, its 100% the same for my Shadow battlemaster gear, except for the fact that i can only get surge/power enhancement via SMUGGLER champion gloves/head...

was full champ, half bm weeks ago, now working towards maxing the mods, not even half way there... due to the fact its only minor opdates, i think its pretty cool tbh, wanna keep it in game

Edited by Jadeor

The Force Mystic Rakata set is also in some pieces worse than the Columi set.

It's also quiet stupid, that a lot of items have crit but only a very few have surge on them for some classes.

Perhaps they will fix the sets with the upcoming weapon fix too, but I wouldn't count on it.

Right. As a DPS Sorc Ive been wanting to swap out these level 25 (58 rating) + End/Pow/Alac enhancements for level 25 (58 rating) +End/Pow/Surg enhancements. Thing is, they dont seem to exist. Or if they do, its a random drop from Gharj (and/or the twins?)

Very lame.

Why are so many of the epic tionese/columi/rakata sets so badly optimized?

In my case, the BH set pieces all have + accuracy. Which is overkill.

Considering many of the ear pieces or implants that drop in HM or raids also have accuracy this gets rather stupid.

I had to remod 3 of my rakata pieces with mods found in my Champion pvp gear (38 endurance 19 crit 48 surge) cause else i was way over hit capped it would hurt my dps.

I checked the sets from other classes and it seems many got that problem too. I only saw the sith sorcerer dps set filled with alacriy and crit/surge. Why can't we have some more of that?

Kinda rediculous i have to remod the "best gear" in the game...

Worse then that PVP battle master is easy to get and comletely blows away the first 2 teirs. its mind blowing how they let this slip. You cant walk into a WZ in full columi and be successful but you can walk into a HM op in PVP gear and do better then someone who grinded weeks and weeks of flash points to gear up simply based on the gear imbalance. this is my biggest -10 feature of the game. i can deal with bugs broken instances and shallow game mechanics, hell its a launch game i know they will enrich it. but the gear is blah made worse by PVP gear being easier and better.