[Hardmodes] Very annoying bugs that should be fixed asap!

Greetings

I hope Bioware reads this. (They'll probably allready know about these bugs but couldn't hurt to push this so it is finaly fixed).

During my end level content I did some Hardmodes with 3 guildmembers.

Myself - Tank Juggernaut (Chernor on EU server Legions of Lettow if you wanna check chat/combat logs)

Others:

- DPS Sniper

- DPS Sorcerer

- Healer Mercenary

On Hardmode Black Talon we encountered no problems however we all agreed that the enrage mechanic is a poor design for making hardmodes.

The real problems starts here.

Boarding Party Hardmode

First Boss is pretty easy, has no enrage timer, just do not stand in the beams and markes on the ground and nuke the life out of the droid. But there is a bug in this fight that can be exploided. When someone stands behind a wall at the far end of the room, he cannot be pulled in by the chain or got hit by the lightning beams. So the dead people can run back in and nuke the life out of this big droid till it is dead (we admit that first try we did this but our last 3 tries we played it fair). This could be fixed by resetting when someone leaves the boss area, or putting a force field when the encounter starts...

2nd boss (Jedi Knight with the 2 healer adds). Very easy fight but if you manage to wipe on this boss you lose the ability to loot the chest (I do not know if this is intended but we wiped many times on last boss Black Talon and she eventually dropped loot at dead so wouldn't be fair if chest loot bosses dont give loot after a wipe)

3nd boss (gunner with 2 droids and 4 reactor beams). Fairly easy fight but same as 2nd boss, if we wipe (or reset the boss encounter like which happened to us) we lose the loot that is normally in the chest.

Last boss (the ridiculous stupid boss which requires no tactic at all and is pure a gearcheck to nuke down Massey asap) is probably same as previous bosses. We didn't downed this one yet because this fight is OP. Massey with his random targetting and insane dmg while assisted with rocket launcher from the commando is to hard for our mercenary healer to keep us all standing. If this is mainly a gear check, fine by me, but would be good if we downed this boss that we can get the loot from the chest.

The Foundry Hardmode

1st boss is stupiod and boring, just a tank and spank... no lootchest so if we wipe on this one, and kill it 2nd try, we get loot.

But the problems starts at 2nd boss (HK-47)

The fight is pretty easy, everytime after the 2nd stealth he goes to the middle inside the reactor, when the reactor is down, press teh 4 buttons at the sides and in the meantime deal wit hthe spawning adds (we CCed 1 and nuked the other, then killed the remaining add). But this where it all starts

1. Reactor goes down, everyone in our party press the 4 buttons, but the reactor stays down, after a while it goes back up and guess what a lovely buff HK-47 receives.
  2. Reactor goes down, everyone in our party press the 4 buttons, reactor goes up, OMG can't attack it ... after a while, he received a lovely buff...
  3. 2nd Stealth going active, he teleports some meters/yards away from the middle so the reactor is not going on him! That is what we thought aswell... I go to him, dps the boss and bang, I'm dead, the system recognized it that I was under the reactor, while i saw the reactor go down further away from me.
  4. Reactor goes down, buttons do not appear. HK-47 desides to snipe us through the reactor while we can't hit him (perfect assassination droid this famous dude -endboss- got, want such one aswell)
  5. The reactor phase went perfect... I cannot attack boss outside the reactor platform untill I am on that platform myself, meaning I cannot Force Shout, Force Jump or anything to attack him...

We couldn't get any furhter in The Foundry and Directive7, The False Emperor and Battle of Ilum we didn't do yet.

I'm wondering if other people had this kind of problems with Hardmodes? Then please describe them here...

Many MMO died because the endgame content was bugged or lacked something to do. So I think it is very important that these kinda bugs are fixed ASAP before people decide to leave. And I think this is more important than some minor UI bugs which can easily be fixed by pressing 2x CTRL+U.

Also, our Sniper had the bug that he sometimes couldn't cover or when he covered that he couldn't attack.

Best Regards

Chernor

EU Legions of Lettow

We had some similar feelings at first, we did all the Hard Modes and we dove right in as soon as we hit level 50 a couple of weeks ago so we weren't really geared much above 48-50 blues and some greens.

Black Talon was incredibly easy, so was False Emperor and Directive 7. Like you we did Boarding Party as our second one though and it was very hard, it took us a few wipes to figure out how to handle the last boss.

My tip to you, if your whole group is getting hit by rockets you are doing it wrong.

As for Foundry we held off for awhile because of the issues with Revan. HK never gave us any of those issues though. We only have 1 person run around hitting buttons, we never tried having multiple people hit them at the same time.

Revan is still very difficult in his bugged form and requires insane DPS.

There are a few other fights that are gear checks throughout the hard modes you have not done. They do not want you just going in there and doing them, they want you gearing up in full Corellia Commendation gear first. Once we had a few pieces of Tionese and Columi gear everything became much easier. The harder bosses just require you to play at 100% and possibly use stims and medpacks.

Practically everything has an enrage timer to make sure you bring 1 tank 1 healer 2 DPS and the enrage timers are tied tight to make sure you aren't just farming undergeared people.

Edited by Lightmgl

So what you're saying is you just hit 50, your gear sucks, and you're having trouble with Hard Modes.

Go do some dailies for a while. Do the regular level 50 dungeons (Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, even D7).

Then worry about hard modes other than BT.

So what you're saying is you just hit 50, your gear sucks, and you're having trouble with Hard Modes.

Go do some dailies for a while. Do the regular level 50 dungeons (Battle of Ilum, False Emperor, even D7).

If you actually read the whole post you'd notice the only fight that's too hard was last boss at Boarding party and which is definately as step up from most other bosses which is OK. I don't like brute force mechanics but it seems doable when we gear up, just sucks that it's not worth practicing as you don't get rewarded when you wipe. Sure, gear isn't everything and the satisfaction of killing something should be our main motivation but we are in the process of gearing up, so that's a huge thing for us and many others.

But the biggest problem is bugs. An untargettable boss shooting for 16k+ every few seconds isn't exactly something you can gear up from, and if you can it's not supposed to be. The fact is that it's bugged as hell and you might be able to overgear it and disregard certain mechanics but that's not the purpose of doing encounters.

Edited by thomasdr

Where in my topic did I ever say i jsut hit 50? I did some PvP first to gear up. Learn 2 read before posting.

I'm not talking about difficulty, I'm talking that when we defeat a boss the chest don't open and HK-47 is totaly bugged aswell

Edited by Griffanov

The chest bug persists on any fight that ends with a chest. If you wipe on the encounter, there seems to be a very high chance of the chest simply becoming unlootable. CS tickets return a form answer and no resolution, so any loot/crystals are lost.

Curiously, the HK fight wasn't nearly so bad in my experience, though our group was also stymied by Revan's Lightening applying 20kish damage upfront without any chance to interrupt the channel. Although, I have been experiencing very high ability and character lag when doing Hardmodes late in the day, so I'd guess it's some kind of server stress thing.

I am an Operative healer and I have gear from BT, D7, and False Emperor. The last boss on Boarding Party was just rediculous to kill the middle commando guy. There's no way my hots can keep up with his spammable high dps to my group and myself. I pop everything (I am biochem with all 3 Rakata cooldowns) and there's just no way I can keep myself or any dps alive for more than 5 seconds after downing the marauder guy. I know if I was a Sorc with bubble it would be a doable fight, but the encounter should be balanced around all 3 healers.

I have successfully completed every single Hardmode Flashpoint with a group of friends that I always run with.

A few bosses gave us issues such as no loot.

Black Talon: Solid, no issues.

Boarding Party: Without a proper strategy, the last boss can be particularly difficult. The first time we killed him the boss gave us no loot. However since then, we have always received loot from this boss.

The Foundry: HK-47 occasionally bugged out for us, sometimes he would spawn extra adds, sometimes the reactor things would be clicked but nothing would happen. Sometimes he'd teleport into the middle and still be attacking us but we could not attack him. This only happened every once and awhile but it happened often enough to be annoying.

I think Revan from Foundry is ridiculously overtuned. His force lightning hits way too hard to be normal. We weren't able to kill him until we got more geared. Even then, it's a pretty close fight, our tank would barely survive the first Force Lightning, even with his Energy Shield up. The second Force Lightning our tank would die and our Marauder would survive due to his 99% damage reduction cooldown. And after that it was a tight race to kill him before his next Force Lightning. It wasn't until recently where we had enough dps to kill him before his second Force Lightning. So my thoughts are this fight is overtuned, not bugged.

Directive 7: Everything seems to be fine with this instance. Easy and fun. Love the Mentor fight.

Battle of Ilum: Our first time in here all the bosses dropped no loot. The second boss's add spawns hit ridiculously hard. Other than that this instance seems to be fine. The loot bug is the most annoying.

False Emperor: Not very difficult at all. First boss is kind of annoying, sometimes it bugs out and his ship won't reset when you hit it with the turret.

HK-47 is fun fun, though we discovered if you ignore the turrets during the fight they won't despawn at the end and if you leave the shield up you can't kill them...

Malgus is pathetically easy. He is not worthy of such a simple fight.

Edited by InfiniteShift

People just want to complain about fights that require execution and punish you for trying to tank n spank.

Boarding Party last boss is ridiculously overtuned..... if you ignore all strategy and just eat grenade after grenade. If you separate the 3 mobs and utilize max range in the fight, it becomes rather simple. Here's a hint - the main boss only lobs chain grenades if you have more than 1 person within 30m of him. Try having the tank stand between him and the healer with healer at max range. Problem solved.

The amount of dmg in the fight other than the grenades which are completely avoidable is trivial to any decent healer. It just becomes a DPS check against an enrage timer, the same as many other fights.

If all else fails, you have the entire hallway to kite with.

The only truly dumb thing in the instance is the chest bugging out if you don't 1 shot the encounter.

Edited by Jalthi

People just want to complain about fights that require execution and punish you for trying to tank n spank.

Boarding Party last boss is ridiculously overtuned..... if you ignore all strategy and just eat grenade after grenade. If you separate the 3 mobs and utilize max range in the fight, it becomes rather simple. Here's a hint - the main boss only lobs chain grenades if you have more than 1 person within 30m of him. Try having the tank stand between him and the healer with healer at max range. Problem solved.

The amount of dmg in the fight other than the grenades which are completely avoidable is trivial to any decent healer. It just becomes a DPS check against an enrage timer, the same as many other fights.

If all else fails, you have the entire hallway to kite with.

The main boss only lobs chain grenades if you have more than 1 person within 30m...

So basically the tank tanks the boss with the healer at max range and the dps just go chill out in the hallway?

What a brilliant design choice, I'm not surprised you approve.

The main boss only lobs chain grenades if you have more than 1 person within 30m...

So basically the tank tanks the boss with the healer at max range and the dps just go chill out in the hallway?

What a brilliant design choice, I'm not surprised you approve.

Poorly designed =! too hard. That's the complaint that I was responding to, that "he just does too much damage, it's unhealable and the fight is impossible!"

I don't think a fight that involves kiting down a 5 minute hallway is fun either, but that doesn't make it impossible to get past. If someone wants to say the fight is dumb because it is designed poorly, I'll agree with them.

I will not agree with the people who try to approach the fight without even thinking and just scream for a nerf. It's not too hard, in fact it's one of the easier fights if you're willing to execute it properly. I think it would be pretty much perfect if they turned off the grenade spam once his two adds are dead. Let all the people who just clump on the boss from the start of the fight continue to wipe.

Edited by Jalthi

Why is everyone here tlaking about last boss Boarding Party??

It is the bugs I want to be gone with the loot chest and HK-47 at Foundry we are experience, not a nerf or any kind... Read the topic instead of reading the replies and act on that

Reason why I added last boss Boarding Party is because the chest might bug aswell if we wiped on it

Edited by Griffanov