Player harrasement

varietasplus

Correct me if I am mistaken, but based on last 2 months of experience, never before has the PVP community been so toxic. I am certain forcing people into SR (creating 4 DPS vs 4 DPS scenarios that further polarized class inbalance) was an unprecedented catalyst, warzones are no different safe insults are rarely personal.

What is the point in having the option to report player harassement or inappropriate player behaviour if the very same players tend to act in the same manner again and again?

I do understand sometimes everyone has a bad day and vent in ops chat in regs, but keep on whispering someone, calling them f**king cu*t is on a different level. Sure, you can put them on ignore list, but the damage is already done. We are here to have fun, not to be stressed or harassed or humiliated by others.

I do believe the overall blame is on the developer in such cases, there should be far stricter punishments and permanent bans for getting personal on a regular basis. The anonimity of the Internet does not give anyone the right to insult other people.

If I had to name my major issue with this game nowadays, it would not be the gearing system or class inbalance, but the toxic community and the lack of transparency on how they are dealt with.

Edited by varietasplus

Duuno man, had snipper yday on wz in enemy team, he quit wz/reloged to reps and /w me what he thinks :D

I take that as compliment actually :)

Also about "toxic" ...go check LA2 forums (or in game chats), especially Russians. SWTOR looks like baby's sandbox.

Duuno man, had snipper yday on wz in enemy team, he quit wz/reloged to reps and /w me what he thinks :D

I take that as compliment actually :)

Also about "toxic" ...go check LA2 forums (or in game chats), especially Russians. SWTOR looks like baby's sandbox.

The fact (or impression) there are worse communities does not make the SWTOR community any better. I am anything but a care bear, neither am I an angel, but there has to be a line no one should cross.

I don’t think swtor is any more toxic than it’s been since my apac server was merged with the US. That was a real eye opener because most apac people didn’t behave in the same manner as the US server people.

The only other change is with SS players coming over to SF. It seems a lot of them are more toxic than the SF players and that is becoming noticeable.

I don’t think swtor is any more toxic than it’s been since my apac server was merged with the US. That was a real eye opener because most apac people didn’t behave in the same manner as the US server people.

The only other change is with SS players coming over to SF. It seems a lot of them are more toxic than the SF players and that is becoming noticeable.

One of my friends was saying that SS was the toxic server and SF was the newbie server... lol i thought he was being silly

SF is the merge of Shadowlands, TEH, POT5, and Jung Ma. The PVP community was fairly active, but most pvpers had left for Harbinger long ago. The pvp community was great back then.

Harbinger later became a cesspit. Eventually it merged into Satele Shan. Word later got out how easy and non-cheatery SF was, and well... here we are now. SF is just like every other server.

It's crazy how 10-20 players can ruin an entire server.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Correct me if I am mistaken, but based on last 2 months of experience, never before has the PVP community been so toxic. I am certain forcing people into SR (creating 4 DPS vs 4 DPS scenarios that further polarized class inbalance) was an unprecedented catalyst, warzones are no different safe insults are rarely personal.

What is the point in having the option to report player harassement or inappropriate player behaviour if the very same players tend to act in the same manner again and again?

I do understand sometimes everyone has a bad day and vent in ops chat in regs, but keep on whispering someone, calling them f**king cu*t is on a different level. Sure, you can put them on ignore list, but the damage is already done. We are here to have fun, not to be stressed or harassed or humiliated by others.

I do believe the overall blame is on the developer in such cases, there should be far stricter punishments and permanent bans for getting personal on a regular basis. The anonimity of the Internet does not give anyone the right to insult other people.

If I had to name my major issue with this game nowadays, it would not be the gearing system or class inbalance, but the toxic community and the lack of transparency on how they are dealt with.

Bro dont take this the wrong way. Im not saying your thin skinned. I completely agree with you. But as things currently are if you wanna play the game you gotta pay the piper. I've made similiar threads partially addressing the toxicity of the pvp community and was met with boos and hisses. Ive just accepted this is the way things are now. PvPers for the most part are competitive. Which is a good thing. The problem lye in the lack of maturity of some players. They have yet to wrap there heads around the idea that occassionally they might lose. And in their quest to be the best the often forget that there is always someone out there better than you. Fragile is the ego of the elite pvper. Plus they lack social skills. Which is the sadest part of all. Its troubling to think a man or woman reached the age of adulthood and still cant cope with a loss in a video game so they resort to abusing their teammates. Ive been playing since beta. Its getting worse and worse. I myself have been the recipient of harassment via this game.

I killed a healer in an unranked match like 4 or 5 times. So he had his guild mates target me everytime we were on opposing teams. They even made recorded a video of me being farmed for 11 kills at respawn by them and posted it on youtube. But thats not the worst thing Ive heard of happening. Ive heard stories of players getting their accounts hacked and items deleted.

Im from harbinger so yea.