Top 5 PvP Guilds on Shadowlands

RyanReagan

This is all very subjective. Just saying. I've seen days where every single guild, even the ones considered "the best," have very bad days, just as I've seen those same guilds have very good days. The problem I tend to run into is when the elitists point blame at everyone else (I'm guilty of it too) when it's a team effort. If the team is losing then it's the fault of the team. I understand that individuals do **** up, like people capping a node/pylon and then leaving it unguarded (those people should never PvP again) or not calling incoming when they ARE guarding a node/pylon. However, barring those individuals, PvP IS a team effort, and, on average, even a 4-man premade (in regs) cannot win it for the team. They can give them a better shot (depending on the 4-man), but they can't control what the PUG members on their team do. But, as I said above, even the "best" PvP'ers have bad days, and bad PvP'ers even have good days. The only real difference between the "best" PvP guilds is the level of organization and cooperation the members have with each other.

Regarding Ranked Warzones, if you get two really good teams together then you usually have what is just a huge CC-fest, because both teams know what they're doing, which makes it hard for any real damage to be done. So, a lot of times it comes down to who gets the proper CC's off at the right time so that a cap can be made. At that point, all the defending team has to do is stay alive and keep cappers off the nodes (for node-style Warzones). Huttball, on the other hand, is all about ball control, regardless of the match type (ranked or regular). So, if you get two astounding teams together, it's a matter of who the hell gets the ball first. Of course, you do have obstacles on the course that can aid, or hamper, both teams, so that's a matter of who's in the right place at the right time and who is able to ruin someone's day without even doing a whole lot (it's not cheap, or cheating, it's strategy).

I am not denying that ID, Physics, and all the other good PvP guilds are in fact really good. I'm simply saying that to rate them in a "top 5" is very subjective, because PvP DOES have a lot to do with timing and proper organization, and, even in PUG groups, this can be achieved if you have people that know what the hell they're doing. If you have at least 4 people on the team that are clueless and do not cooperate (regular WZ PUGs) then THAT can be an auto-loss, but that doesn't mean the 4-man (if there is one) should, or can, cast blame AT those PUGS, UNLESS that 4-man wins the warzone for the team (excluding Huttball, because that can be won with 2 people in many cases in regular warzones due to the WZ's very nature).

A lot of people are going to disagree with a lot of this, and that's fine, because, as I said from the very start, this is all very subjective.

Cheers,

Vitiate of Nex Angeles - Shadowlands

The competition in ranked is not as close as you might think. In fact, it is not very subjective at all.

Winning 45 kills to 2 in a voidstar, or 6-0 in a huttball, against other top PvP guilds, is pretty definitive in my books.

Not trying to be an elitist jerk here, just pointing out the facts, which you might not be aware of until you Q up.

Edited by ParagonAX

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The competition in ranked is not as close as you might think. In fact, it is not very subjective at all.

Winning 45 kills to 2 in a voidstar, or 6-0 in a huttball, against other top PvP guilds, is pretty definitive in my books.

Not trying to be an elitist jerk here, just pointing out the facts, which you might not be aware of until you Q up.

Who are these other "top pvp guilds" that are losing 6-0 to you in Huttball? Or maybe the "fact" is that those weren't top pvp guilds?

I agree, there are very few teams out there that can challenge an ID A-team in ranked, but I believe Vitiate's point was when two very good teams collide, of course the team that makes fewer mistakes will win over the course of a WZ.

I think it's only "subjective" in his opinion because he doesn't have a lot of data to draw from. All I do know is that there are a lot of guilds/players that think they're good but are actually closer to rubbish than being decent. I don't care if anyone calls me an elitist jerk because I'm simply trying to be objective as well. And this applies for unranked. Of course, I don't want to mislead so I will end this post by saying there's actually quite a few excellent players that never get any shout-outs. They simply do their jobs without the need to fluff their feathers. Playing for the win is reward enough; they don't need any validation from the forums or any other players, so for that I /salute them.

45 kills to 2 in Voidstar is a good team vs. a bad team, or simply a better team vs. another team period. Also, I do nothing BUT PvP at max level. So, to basically say I know nothing until I queue up is an invalid argument.

Clearly you did not understand I was referring to ranked games between 2 "top 5" guilds, which you said is subjective.

You also failed to realise I meant Q'ing up for ranked games, which I thought was pretty obvious from what I posted.

Edited by ParagonAX

You're automatically assuming that I don't do ranked warzones. Regardless, I'm not here to actually argue. There isn't enough data for either of us to make a solid case. Even if there was, there's always going to be someone who disagrees with you or me who will be able to produce data that contradicts both of our points, because it's opinion and personal experience.

You're automatically assuming that I don't do ranked warzones. Regardless, I'm not here to actually argue. There isn't enough data for either of us to make a solid case. Even if there was, there's always going to be someone who disagrees with you or me who will be able to produce data that contradicts both of our points, because it's opinion and personal experience.

There's a very good reason why I'm automatically assuming you don't do ranked warzones.

It's because ID is the ONLY guild on the entire server that consistently does ranked every single day, or tries to do so by whispering other guilds (both Imp and Pub side) to see if they could form up for a few ranked games.

If you actually do ranked on a consistent basis, then my bad, somehow that slipped entirely under the radar. Although I doubt it. Because if you did, you would KNOW that the ranked scene on this server is not based on opinion and personal experience at all.

Edited by ParagonAX

There's a very good reason why I'm automatically assuming you don't do ranked warzones.

It's because ID is the ONLY guild on the entire server that consistently does ranked every single day, or tries to do so by whispering other guilds (both Imp and Pub side) to see if they could form up for a few ranked games.

If you actually do ranked on a consistent basis, then my bad, somehow that slipped entirely under the radar. Although I doubt it. Because if you did do, you would KNOW that the ranked scene on this server is not based on opinion and personal experience at all.

lol. You remember saying you didn't want to be elitist? You're failing at that.

Sären's always out in a bar!

Stabbin is MIA, so are a lot of players.. :(

Stabbin, Misry, etc are kinda bored with PVP since the 2.0 update/changes. That's what Misry was telling me on Mumble over the weekend.

• 1 month later...
SO now that people have transferred away I've made a new list...

1. N/A

2. Physics

3. Dark Jesters

4. Wook

5. Wanted

What do you guys think?

You must have a lot of free time on your hands with the new server and all. At least you have Dedrayge to keep you company while you guys are cheering from the sidelines ;)