This staggered release is not fair at all.

Chuckskyline

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole wait in line argument doesn't fly.

That is like saying: I am going to pay a dollar for the drink of coffee but I was here first so I get it first...

and being at the end of the line, paying in full, and getting the same coffee...? Let alone if you paid more for the product?

I was never in favor of a staggered release.. and the first time I heard of it, I regretted pre-ordering it and getting involved.

People who bought on the shelf, who paid in full for the product should have the same chance as everyone else...

The game shouldn't be open until the 20th.

Waaaaaaaaaaah i wanted to get in da first wave but then i didn't and now peoplez haz 4 hour head start and i really really want 2 play my lightsaberz and i quit my job 4 thiz nd im still not in **** asfkaskfaskf durrp durrrrrrrrrrp /wrists

explain to me how it is not fair for the people who pre-ordered day1, paid their money and redemeed the codes.

(AKA who have been helping with paying for the development of this game with their pre-orders!)

People who took a shot @ day1, they didn't know the game was any good, I only pre-ordered after Beta when i knew it was for instance.

People who have followed this game for longer then most of us, who have been supporting Bioware to create this game.

How is it not fair that they get in 1st.. Someone HAS to get in 1st. If they have no staggered launch then the 1st 100k people who can connect to the login server are in first before it crashes... how would that be fair.

Lol no... First come first served. Those that have faith in game should get in first, aka those that pre-ordered first

Your argument is flawed. I have had faith in this game for over 4 years, was in the first 1000 to register on this very site and pre-ordered day one via GAME, the only U.K retailer stocking the £130 CE.

Unfortunately, GAME messed up the pre-order codes. I should have been in today, now it looks unlikely.

I'm not bitter, I have plenty to do at this time of year, but please don't assume everybody who hasn't gotten in held off on pre-ordering as you'd be mistaken.

LoL seriously?? its fair, they are letting in people who preorder the first day, now if you can't be bothered to preorder as soon as possible thats not Biowares for thats your fault. Now you can reap the reward of waiting like the rest of us that didn't preorder the first day.

Its staggered for a reason, so we all dont log in at the same time in the same zones, doing the same quests, kill stealing etc etc etc

There is reasoning for it.... and its first come first serve, its irrelevant which edition you purchased, some people can afford the deluxe edition, some people will barely be able to afford the subscription, to go down that route is to say only the rich get access pre launch?

you have waited for this game for 2+ Years, I cant even remember the first time i heard about it, was donkeys ago, what harm is waiting another 1-7 days for your access?

I purchased Deluxe, i figured if im going to do it on one game, may as well be for star wars >=D but that being said, I dont even think I will log in until the 23rd, because I cant be bothered to download the game client as it takes all dam night!

typically I am travelling home 23rd and didnt want it being delivered to my house, when I was going to be with my parents for Xmas, so think of yourself as lucky! you still get a good 10 days + on me!

How is it fair that my friend and I shop at the same store everyday and drop the same amount of money into the store but they ran out of game ____ by the time I got there? How is it fair that just because I arrived at the ice cream man later and I had the same money as other people they were out of my flavor? You know the saying. The early bird gets the worm.

What about "Good things come to those who wait" Lol But I do agree with the fairness. whoever gets here first gets first access. I shoulda preordered when it was announced but waited a few days.

How is it fair that someone who spent the same amount of money as you, a day later gets in a day later?

How is that fair to someone who ordered a day later and spent 100$ more than you and doesn't get to play?

I think the word you're looking for is "unfortunate."

It's the best way Bioware could have done it, and rewarding those who essentially fronted them money as soon as they could is perfectly fair business practice.

Don't get me wrong, I feel your pain. ;)

The whole wait in line argument doesn't fly.

That is like saying: I am going to pay a dollar for the drink of coffee but I was here first so I get it first...

and being at the end of the line, paying in full, and getting the same coffee...? Let alone if you paid more for the product?

I was never in favor of a staggered release.. and the first time I heard of it, I regretted pre-ordering it and getting involved.

People who bought on the shelf, who paid in full for the product should have the same chance as everyone else...

The game shouldn't be open until the 20th.

That's a bad analogy because that's exactly what this is.

I got to the coffee shop first, I get in line first, and I get my coffee first.

This is coming from a guy who pre-ordered in November, so I understand.

Hello everyone,

We know you are all excited and have a number of questions about invites, early acces and when waves are coming. In order to keep the forums tidy and conversations in one place please use this thread to discuss the topi as it has relevant official informationc, we will be closing this one.