force lighting

badou

The Lightning tree is based around damage spells, not damage over time spells.

Force Lightning is a channeled damage over time spell used by the Madness tree. Lightning Strike serves the same purpose in the Lightning tree.

Lightning Barrage makes Force Lightning behave like a Lightning Strike.

So, the design is right on point. If you want to use Force Lightning as a Lightning Sorc, go hybrid.

the point is you shouldnt go hybrid.now in pvp the only spec that does almost ok dmg is madness and if they did some twiks here and there lighting could be veryyyyy viable like making force lighting no cd on the tree of no pushback or at least put some more dmg on the rest of the spells.:o

That's just not the way the trees are designed. Madness is designed around Force Lightning both as a filler spell and as the trigger for Wrath procs, which make Crushing Darkness hit hard and tie the spec together. Lightning is designed around Lightning Strike as a filler that gives you the procs you need.

If they wanted to give the lightning spec spammable force lightning, they would essentially need to re-design the entire tree so that procs came from force lightning instead of lightning strike. And that would make lightning strike completely useless for any spec.

Hybrid madness/lightning for DPS + some survivability

full madness for good DPS, provided you're left relatively alone to deal continual damage from DoTs

I do enjoy full madness as it's fun to run around spreading 3 dots on people

they can at least put it 1 tier down so you can take it and take also the 31 points in lighting

Even if they did, it wouldn't help the Lightning spec. If you started using force lightning instead of lightning strike, you would be missing out on your procs in the lightning tree and gimping your DPS. Each spec needs one filler spell. Lightning's is Lightning Stirke. If you want to use force lightning, go Madness or hybrid. That simple.

i do very well as hybrid

i absolutely hate full madness

creeping terror is a joke for dmg and the u run out of force way too much

as hyrbid im very active, do a lot of dmg and hardly run out of force

400,500,600 k dmg are regular occurrences for me and im baffled if i dont lead the warzone in dmg

and in sorc's current state, if we're not healing we might as well put up flashy numbers

That's just not the way the trees are designed. Madness is designed around Force Lightning both as a filler spell and as the trigger for Wrath procs, which make Crushing Darkness hit hard and tie the spec together. Lightning is designed around Lightning Strike as a filler that gives you the procs you need.

If they wanted to give the lightning spec spammable force lightning, they would essentially need to re-design the entire tree so that procs came from force lightning instead of lightning strike. And that would make lightning strike completely useless for any spec.

Good idea- let LS die, and make wrath just proc crushing as well as finish crushing's cooldown. Make crushing stack, or, make it so if you use crushing on someone who already has the dot- it instead does all its damage at once.

Suddenly- burst damage.

Good idea- let LS die, and make wrath just proc crushing as well as finish crushing's cooldown. Make crushing stack, or, make it so if you use crushing on someone who already has the dot- it instead does all its damage at once.

Suddenly- burst damage.

Sounds like a good idea for madness, although I don't think they need to change lightning strike as the filler for the lightning tree. Just make it more effective. It needs a damage boost.

It already is burst dps, its just a "when the stars align" type burst. Still with all the problems our class has against armor mitigation our burst effectiveness isn't really on par with other classes.

Considering it's supposed to be a turret spec- you'd think some defensives/CC immunity would be part of it- as well as major armour penetration.

Make LS either reduce the target's mitigation, or increase our ArP by 20% per stack, up to 60%- then give maybe as a second or third from top talent 'LS, CL, shock, storm penetrate 30% armour".

It wouldn't be too different from other direct damage specs in that sense- and, it wouldn't change our damage much on raid bosses since they're already mitigated for the most part, so we wouldn't become ultra powerful for pve raid dps.

What is the potential effect of switching Lighning strike and Force Lightning to elemental damage?

That would mean the sorc in PvP pretty much doesn't mitigate anything, but is also NOT mitigated, making it an effective ranged tank killer (force/elemental), with PT pyro being a melee style of it.

On raids, our damage would rise up to, i think, the other dps numbers since raid boss typically have a lot of armor.

What is the potential effect of switching Lighning strike and Force Lightning to elemental damage?

That would mean the sorc in PvP pretty much doesn't mitigate anything, but is also NOT mitigated, making it an effective ranged tank killer (force/elemental), with PT pyro being a melee style of it.

On raids, our damage would rise up to, i think, the other dps numbers since raid boss typically have a lot of armor.

Something along this line should be done in my opinion. Giving us armor pen above 25% would be overpowered and making lightning strike elemental and crushing darkness internal would be a big help. I don't personally feel force lightning should be internal as it already delivers good damage. I would kill for chain lightning to have some armor pen though

And as its been mentioned before we need a defensive cooldown (waiting for bioware to ignore this )

why is the no cd force lighting in madness tree when it should be in lighting tree :mad: this is a loss of dps and it is really stupid :@ all the force lighting cd and procs and the rest should be in the lighting tree.

When first moving up to 50 on sorcs i thought this too, i wanted to play lighning, im not mad i thought, but with dots not really doing enough damage if you took this from madness it would be useless.....personally, id like to see them both have it.....id like to see dots hit harder and both have endless free leccie.

Lets see what the expansion brings eh.

madness without the root from creeping terror is a free kill in warzones.

the only thing you do as hybrid is force linghting, and affliction on everyone to boost your numbers at the end

(but in fact you are hurting your own team more then your help becuase with every enemy beeing dotted, 8sec ccs become impossible)