Did repair cost just go up?

Did you notice mike was arguing with a player snidely proclaiming "Yeah I'd love you to tell me what I'm supposed to interrupt in EC" in response to a valid point that using interrupts will help reduce repair cost?

What weird interpretation turned that into "ProerThanThou"?

It will not.

Most fights have NOTHING that you can interrupt.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will not.

And for those fights that DO have something to interrupt, if you chose to use your interrupt, it will reduce your repair costs.

Edit: Since you like to argue fine points and talk specifics, let's talk about the bombadiers (trash pulls just before the minefield).

If you CC the bombadiers, and interrupt them when they're up, this is a Good Thing.

if you don't CC the bombadiers, and if you fail to interrupt, the entire raid will take damage from AOEs. This damage can be healed through, but damage avoided is better than damage healed. And will reduce your repair costs.

2 + 2 = 4

Edited by Khevar

and no one said they did.

There also seems to be some misconception that only wipes cause damage. Just regular wear and tear causes damage to gear too. So when you can (and should) interrupt, use defensive cooldowns and CC's they will save you on repair cost. Fact not opinion.

Also read where /stuck now causes damage to gear and it is working as intended. From the point of very of calling a wipe in a Ops and everyone /stuck, I can kind of understand this (Not the same as liking it), but when I get stuck in a game defect, I really don't see the need to punish players.

Edited by mikebevo

and no one said they did.

Also read where /stuck now causes damage to gear and it is working as intended. From the point of very of calling a wipe in a Ops and everyone /stuck, I can kind of understand this (Not the same as liking it), but when I get stuck in a game defect, I really don't see the need to punish players.

/stuck in combat has always caused me damage to my gear (on all my toons). Are you saying that /stuck out of combat now damages your gear as well?

We had about 8-9 wipes on Dread tooth at 10 stacks my total repair for the night clock up at around 120K....I didn't keep track of the repair cost before but I'm certain it wasn't this much. I'm in full min-max Denova gear and am a DPS.

IMO this is wayyyy to much!