5.0 Immortal Jugg?

Suprisex

Is it even worth going tank jugg for pvp in 5.0? Leveling cxp gives me all def/absorb/shield gear which is still kind of pointless for pvp. If I go veng dps and just stack endurance augs seems it might just be better since I can still guard. At least I would be able to do some damage instead of hitting like a wet noodle. Any thoughts? Or will there be any way to min/max gear later on?

I still play Guardian Tank in 5.0. Seems like it does a great job. Damage is not that low, contributing.

I decided to get few crates, keep them unoppened. Then when have a few I respecc to Vigilance and get dps gear.

So just be in dps spec while opening crates :)

I still play Guardian Tank in 5.0. Seems like it does a great job. Damage is not that low, contributing.

I decided to get few crates, keep them unoppened. Then when have a few I respecc to Vigilance and get dps gear.

Damn didn't think of that. Great Idea! Thanks. Now that I wasted 4 crates lol.

Currently I'm enjoying it. Rank 20+ now and have only 2 230 set bonus armorings. :rolleyes:

It's OK. I have 155k HP now and it is annoying some. :rak_01:

Now if only I can get the 120k DPS to not guard each other and healers. :rolleyes:

Depending on what I'm wearing Tank/DPS gear my hits are about where they would be percent wise with 4.0. I will swap gear around during a match depending on what is needed. Running the huttball = tank. Burning down PvE scrubs = DPS :rak_03:

I will say sins are looking like they will be better tanks than juggs overall. But I like throwing people around

Edited by Liquor

It's going to be hard to hybrid like before on Immortal jugs who ran DPS gear. Right now the bolster is the problem. My friend is experiencing a similar issue with the fact that he wants to play his tank like a dps but the bolster is forcing tank stats on him. It literally stacks you with a crapload of sheild/absorb/defense rating no matter what gear you throw on your toon.

This could easily be just because we havn't reached the bolster ceiling because this is all t1 gear but we can't know if this will change. We will have to see as people level and become more geared what bolster does to hybrid gear builds.

Edited by kissingaiur

Currently I'm enjoying it. Rank 20+ now and have only 2 230 set bonus armorings. :rolleyes:

It's OK. I have 155k HP now and it is annoying some. :rak_01:

Now if only I can get the 120k DPS to not guard each other and healers. :rolleyes:

Depending on what I'm wearing Tank/DPS gear my hits are about where they would be percent wise with 4.0. I will swap gear around during a match depending on what is needed. Running the huttball = tank. Burning down PvE scrubs = DPS :rak_03:

I will say sins are looking like they will be better tanks than juggs overall. But I like throwing people around

Exactly what I'm doing right now. Have 3 sets of 208 gear for different situations. I agree, so annoying when you see someone getting focused and can't throw a guard on them because a dps is already guarding them but nowhere to be found. Dumb ideas to give them guard.

• 1 month later...

holy necro batman

just search for a 4.0 pvp guide, it's mostly still applicable.

meanwhile:

be careful doing this, because then you also get Vig set pieces.

Signed, the Big Brain GEEENIUS guy that got TWO Weaponmaster set pieces before figuring this out, by saving up and popping multiple crates like you describe. Don't ask. Luckily you can trade them up to War Leader now.

Also:

It's going to be hard to hybrid like before on Immortal jugs who ran DPS gear. Right now the bolster is the problem. My friend is experiencing a similar issue with the fact that he wants to play his tank like a dps but the bolster is forcing tank stats on him. It literally stacks you with a crapload of sheild/absorb/defense rating no matter what gear you throw on your toon.

Totally true as most people know by now. Skank tanks actually benefit from the Bolster nerf, once you've got your mainhand and offhand and a few other pieces above 232, and everything else at 230 or so.

Edited by stoopicus

holy necro batman

just search for a 4.0 pvp guide, it's mostly still applicable.

meanwhile:

be careful doing this, because then you also get Vig set pieces.

Signed, the Big Brain GEEENIUS guy that got TWO Weaponmaster set pieces before figuring this out, by saving up and popping multiple crates like you describe. Don't ask. Luckily you can trade them up to War Leader now.

Also:

Totally true as most people know by now. Skank tanks actually benefit from the Bolster nerf, once you've got your mainhand and offhand and a few other pieces above 232, and everything else at 230 or so.

hi.maybe you can help me with my problem?

If you are looking to play as a DPS Immortal ("skank tank") I could tell you what I do but I don't pretend to be an expert, I just know what works for me. If you are looking to be a real tank someone else will have to help.

But really I would just google a good guide (even a PvE guide is a start) to get the skill descriptions and read the various passives you get in-game.

If you are looking to play as a DPS Immortal ("skank tank") I could tell you what I do but I don't pretend to be an expert, I just know what works for me. If you are looking to be a real tank someone else will have to help.

But really I would just google a good guide (even a PvE guide is a start) to get the skill descriptions and read the various passives you get in-game.

thanks for the reply and the сouncil)