Battlemaster: The New Fresh 50 PvE Gear-Up Guide!

With the massive bonus to valor gain in the upcoming patch, people will be able to attain top tier PvP gear incredibly quickly once they hit 50. Anyone who is willing to put in a little effort (less than it takes to run HM FPs or normal mode Ops) can now get gear that's almost as good as Rakata for PvE.

Is PvP progression too quick or the gear too close in power level?

Getting valor rank 60 and actually pulling BM tokens from bags are not the same thing. I know people in my guild who got valor rank 60 and proceeded to open 30 bags over the course of a few weeks without a single token drop. So no, gearing up via BM will not be trivial just because valor gains are increased. PvE gear progression will still be the same as it is now: run your dailies, then do HMFPs and normal ops, then HM ops, etc. etc.

Getting valor rank 60 and actually pulling BM tokens from bags are not the same thing. I know people in my guild who got valor rank 60 and proceeded to open 30 bags over the course of a few weeks without a single token drop. So no, gearing up via BM will not be trivial just because valor gains are increased. PvE gear progression will still be the same as it is now: run your dailies, then do HMFPs and normal ops, then HM ops, etc. etc.

Don't forget that they are adding in the ability to purchase BM tokens with WZ commendations.

Let's see. 1 Battlemaster token takes 4000 warzone commendations. It takes around 20 to be fully geared. 80,000 Warzone commendation. With the 40 commendation cap, that will be 2000 warzones. Or around 500 hours.

Nope, it's definitely not faster to get Battlemaster gear compared to doing Operations.

The significant change is the Ilum PvP : killing in warzone now count, so anyone who play in a warzone a few times should get their dailies done (assuming they don't get Huttball every match), so it's a guaranteed 10 bags per week : 70 Champion, and 150 Centurian. For the entry level HM, doing warzones will be much faster than grinding dailies for your 126 armor/mod/enhancement.

Don't forget that they are adding in the ability to purchase BM tokens with WZ commendations.

It still won't be as trivial as you try to make it out to be in your OP. I still don't see this having a major impact on PvE progression, especially for someone focused on PvE who only PvPs on the side. At most, a PvP focused player could skip the HMFP and normal ops tier of progression.

With the 40 commendation cap,

It's 40 commendations from medals, not a cap of 40 commendations per warzone. You still get base commendation rewards for winning the match.

Edited by ViperI