Crisis on Umbara (MM) - Bugged?

So I had my first run of Master Mode: Crisis on Umbara today, and boy was it stressful.

I main a tank and for me there's no fight more frustrating than one that resets aggro, because when the aggro resets it makes me feel incompetent and useless, and sometimes even if I taunt back straight away, group members think i'm crap because I "lost aggro" in the first place.

Well anyway I get to the first boss(es) which is that Engineer/Assasssin duo.

I know that the engineer has to die first and that I have to taunt him whenever he uses grapple because that resets his aggro, at first I thought that his shotgun blast was based on what target he currently was aggrod to, but I noticed even during a taunt duration he would still blast random people, I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but either way it caused quite a few wipes.

What I think is bugged though is he was casting his grapple, it would get to 1.7sec then the cast would fail, then he would cast it again and the same would happen.. he would cast it 2-3 times before it actually fired, which made timing taunts really frustrating.

Then we come to the 2nd boss, or the bonus boss I think? Alpha Slybex, another aggro resetting fight (sigh..) and this one seems to be resetting his aggro faster than I can reset my taunt, despite using wither on cd to reduce the taunt cd through my set bonus, frustrating but he goes down relatively easy, I just wonder if hes resetting aggro more than he should be.

Next we come to Vixian Mauler and this is where I get really stressed out, he slams me and this produces a debuff with a red icon which knocks me down effectively cc'ing me and resetting aggro, when I get out of the stun I immediately taunt back, problem is a couple times he combo'd me with a silence as soon as I got out of the stun so by the time I was able to taunt a dps already got hit by the next slam which basically meant an instant death if they didn't pop a large cd, i'm not sure how to effectively deal with the silence here, it seemed like RNG? idk.. any tips on that would be appreciated.

But the part where i'm thinking theres a bug on vixian mauler, is a few times after emerging from the slam stun, I would press my taunt, it would go on cd, but the boss would completely ignore me, the taunt failed and he didn't get debuffed, so I would have to then use my aoe taunt as well, and he would finally face and attack me.. though due to the long cd on my aoe taunt if this happened more than once in a row, it would result in a squashed dps.

I have no idea why that happened, I pressed taunt instantly after the cc on me faded, but he kept smashing a dps.. bugged or did I taunt too early? I didn't see him with any buff that said he would ignore a taunt or anything.

The Umbaran Spider-Tank decided he didn't want to move after reaching a certain point, he effectively got stuck.. made it awkward positioning with his firepools and his flamethrower, but the tank went down on the first attempt rather easily.. easiest boss in the dungeon in fact, which felt weird..

I'm pretty confused now.. and massively stressed out. :rak_02:

But the part where i'm thinking theres a bug on vixian mauler, is a few times after emerging from the slam stun, I would press my taunt, it would go on cd, but the boss would completely ignore me, the taunt failed and he didn't get debuffed,

This sounds like a lag issue to me. I've been getting a lot of it on Ossus while trying to heal the WB. Pressing abilites, they go on cooldown, but it doesn't look like they've actually fired.

For the Vixian Mauler, taunts dont take effect/work during his ground pound. Also, the best strat is to spread the group out. If he swaps to one of them, they should run/kite away until ur taunt is available to taunt him back. He will likely jump to you (low damage attack, and swap to someone else again. Rinse/repeat, you can essentially take your time with this strat which allows you to take minimal dmg, save all/most everyones dcds and offensive buffs until he goes i to fury mode at like 20% for burn phase. Edited by olagatonjedi