Problem with Heroic Moment task bar

gottaloveme

Hi. Have tried to resolve this through forums and in-game customer support. No luck yet. Customer help gave me the link here. My problem is that I started a new bunch of characters on Darth Malgus server and I'm having problems with the task bar for Heroic Moments not appearing. When I click on the icon it triggers, but no skill bar.

I have been into the UI and the task bar is enabled and not hidden by anything else.

I have deleted the bitraider file and still no luck.

Heroic moment works on my characters in Starforge server.

Please if anyone can help. Don't know if it's bugged or what?

thanks

First: a stupid question, are you playing with a full complement of Heroic skills? Have you played classes through the requirement to gain each skill? The skills gained are Legacy based not Account based, if you "started" new characters but don't have access to Heroic skills you will (may) not get the (temporary) quick-bar on screen. If this is the case you may need to transfer a "full" Legacy character from one server to another or just play through each class again.

Hope this helped.

Not a stupid question. They are all new and I had this thought myself. Do you know what legacy level this unlocks at? Will keep working on them until i get there anyway.

'wipes sweat from brow' thank you for the answer, all this time phaffing around with customer service

Glad to hear I wasn't making a complete fool of myself.

On the second part, I could be wrong. I think that you pick up each class's hero skill at level 15 and can use that skill with your other characters when the origin class completes their class story. When you get "Legendary" status (completing all 8 class stories) you then can use all 8 Heroic skills with Heroic Moment. I use it a lot as a solo player, and I can go through all 8 twice before cool down and reset.

I hope you can get any issue resolved, I know skill bugs are a pain.

if you do not have any of the "legacy" skills from other classes, I thought it acted as a "spot heal" maybe a dot? xx amount of yy seconds? There should be a tool tip if you mouse over. I honestly am not sure if any changes have been made over the game's life span. so I could very well be talking out my a**.

Good Luck, Ever Forward

• 3 weeks later...
I am just using Heroic moment for the 2% heal for my comp and me which ticks every 3 seconds. Does not sound like this us much but my Heroic moment lasts for 2 minutes and I killed some bosses with that heal I was unable to kill solo without. It is a total health gain of 80% for the full duration.

Glad to hear I wasn't making a complete fool of myself.

On the second part, I could be wrong. I think that you pick up each class's hero skill at level 15 and can use that skill with your other characters when the origin class completes their class story.

You have this half correct. You get the "base" Heroic Moment ability when your character reaches level 15. However, you do not get the "Legacy Heroic Abilitity" for your class until you complete Chapter 3 of the Class Story. IOW, your Smuggler will get the Heroic Moment ability at level 15, but until you complete Chapter 3 of the Smuggler Story,, you will not have the "Legacy Dirty Kick" ability on your Temporary Ability Bar for any of your characters when using Heroic Moment, not even your Smuggler.

I use it a lot as a solo player, and I can go through all 8 twice before cool down and reset.
I suspect that is because, in addition to unlocking all the Legacy Heroic Abilities, you have also unlocked all the "companion" HM bonuses.

OP:

If you have not completed the Class Story on any characters, you will have no Temporary Ability Bar while the Heroic Moment ability is in effect. You will just have the Heroic Moment icon in your Buff Bar, and get the periodic heals until the ability's timer runs out. OTOH, once you unlock that Legacy ability, all characters in your Legacy will have it in their Temporary Ability Bar when they use Heroic Moment, even if they haven't yet unlocked the Legacy ability for their own class.

And the "companion" bonuses are for completing all conversations & missions for one companion of each of the five companion "roles": Melee Damage, Ranged Damage, Melee Tank, Ranged Tank, and Healer. If you hit Y and click on Republic Classes or Imperial Classes, you will see the original story companions are still given these designations in the descriptions for their unlocks. For each one you unlock, the HM duration is increased by 12 seconds, and the cooldown is reduced by 1 minute. So duration gets doubled to two minutes, and cooldown cut in half to 5 minutes when fully unlocked..

Edited by Adric_the_Red

• 5 weeks later...

I have now got heroic moment skills. I was at lvl 70 ~ and legacy lvl 15 ~. I think it was to do with the legacy level and also completing all story missions (?) chp 1 - 4.

The heroic moment worked like any other skill, with a decrease in skill cooldowns. Just not the special skill til now.

Thanks to everyone for your help