Class Representatives Returning!

EricMusco

So if you are talking about Assault spec, HtL is 30s cooldown, 6s duration. Use a hard CC on them and you can wipe out the majority of that ability. Even with the defensive cooldowns added in 2.w/e, Assault is still a very squishy spec.

Assault/Pyro does not need a nerf, and neither do Conc/Scrapper players.

Balance in this game is much, much closer than a random person would assume by reading the forums. I think that the majority of people forget than PvP is not in a vacuum and is rarely a straight up 1v1. There are very easy team-oriented counter tactics for everything in this game.

There are classes with higher and lower skill caps, which to the average player make it appear as if one class performs consistently better than another, but when you look at what the top tier of players in each class are capable of (in terms of PvP anyways), it is all relatively close.

Firstly, to clear things up all I'm saying is that IMO I think PT DPS needs to be looked at with possible nerfs. I never said that Conceal/Scrapper needs a nerf, but they need changes that aren't nerfs. I know because I used to play one. Other classes are either fine or just need buffs.

I know class balance will never be perfect, but it seems like this is such a sensitive topic because those who dare say anything about a certain class/spec that needs a nerf or at least needs to be looked at is called a "bad". No one should be afraid of bringing up classes they feel are a bit too weak or a bit too overpowered. This type of discussion is necessary for improved balance in PvP.

You also said something about their HTL ability, but it's not like that's all they'll do. I just have a problem with them always seemingly being able to activate their utilities/defensive CDs frequently. I don't know if it's me, but that's the class I have the most trouble going up against. Other classes I really have no quarrels with in terms of OP-ness. I've also talked to other players about this in general and they seem to agree with me, for the most part.

Are there any classes/specs you think need a nerf? If so why? You know, I see many players saying that this game's balance is better than any other MMO that's available yet there's still countless threads being made in periods of time about certain classes/specs. Things like Op healers are bit of a concern, but IMO I think this class/spec was made more of a concern in terms of its OP-ness because of how better it can perform in healing in 4v4s unlike a squishy Sage or a more of a single-target/support Mando healer. What I said about Op heals is just an example.

Edited by SW-TORtanic

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope.

Are you going to call me a bad now for "crying" about a certain class? I've never once cried about Smashers, Op heals, Deception Sins, etc., but IMO PT DPS needs a nerf. They can use their utility way too OFTEN. I see them spamming Hydraulic Overrides like insane and it's almost as if they can act like both ranged and melee.

I just hate going up against that class completely. I didn't receive much backlash stating this in a thread about nerfing any classes. If anything it's really this class that needs to be looked into. Scouperative DPS just needs to be altered (not nerfed), but middle tree could still use changes instead of a bigger opening. Better energy management all around, and other classes like Balance Sins and Seer Sages need a certain buff.

Did I miss anything else?

The Merc can also use it, as they share the same cooldown... but i don`t see you complaining about them.

Also PT`s have the LOWEST Single-Target DPS IN THE GAME. They need a buff to PYRO(their single target DPS spec) to bring them in line with other specs. They also have a lot less mitigation compared to any other Heavy Armor class and even Medium Classes(lol right?)... and less defensive CD`s compared to the boatload other classes get(count the defensive cd`s a marauder gets... i dare you). And they can`t stand at range, they need to be in the thick of things... so they could really use the SAME DPS as other melee classes and the SAME mitigation...

All in all, i`m hoping your post was a troll post, but i felt this needed to be said anyway.

Also, LOL @ you being rep of anything except some kind of troll rep.

Edited by Alexhpy

The Merc can also use it, as they share the same cooldown... but i don`t see you complaining about them.

Also PT`s have the LOWEST Single-Target DPS IN THE GAME. They need a buff to PYRO(their single target DPS spec) to bring them in line with other specs. They also have a lot less mitigation compared to any other Heavy Armor class and even Medium Classes(lol right?)... and less defensive CD`s compared to the boatload other classes get(count the defensive cd`s a marauder gets... i dare you). And they can`t stand at range, they need to be in the thick of things... so they could really use the SAME DPS as other melee classes and the SAME mitigation...

All in all, i`m hoping your post was a troll post, but i felt this needed to be said anyway.

Also, LOL @ you being rep of anything except some kind of troll rep.

Mercs I don't have a problem with. They're fine where they are. It's the PTs that I think need tweaking, and in the nerfing department IMO.

———

Also, I have documented this thread for calling me out on BS that never occurred. Thank you, and good night.

Hey folks,

Now that we are past the launch of Game Update 2.6, it is time for the return of the Class Representative initiative!

That's good. Unfortunately some knowledgeable people already got tired of waiting for their call and unsubbed.

Remember Tom in Office Space? He had "people skills", which their engineers didn't. So he interfaced between them and the customers.

Tom sucked at his job but you guys need an effective version of him this round. H2Full etc. were a great laugh but please try to keep this stuff grounded.

Edited by Joesixxpack

My thoughts exactly.

The previous class-representative team did not result in desired changes if I recfall. Rather, it was used as a way to make people believe that class-balance was coming and a means to talk-down to players about how to play. (Type "just Heal to full" on youtube to hear a musical reaction to one of the class-balance posts). And yeah, I think they were just posts were they not? Simply dev posts about why the balances desired by the player base were not necessary.

The "Heal to Full" post was probably the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant, but overall even the best class-balance dev posts were damaging to community relations. The good news is, if they want to effect change they don't need to wait for new representatives. Bioware can refer back to the feedback given by the first set of representatives as those issues are largely the same.

Edited by Suzina

It got shadows their supposed improvements while removing one of the best parts about being a shadow tank, self healing, even though they were fine before.

Exactly, we tell them what we ask them questions, tell them what we think should be done and then they do what they want.

My thoughts exactly.

The previous class-representative team did not result in desired changes if I recfall. Rather, it was used as a way to make people believe that class-balance was coming and a means to talk-down to players about how to play. (Type "just Heal to full" on youtube to hear a musical reaction to one of the class-balance posts). And yeah, I think they were just posts were they not? Simply dev posts about why the balances desired by the player base were not necessary.

The "Heal to Full" post was probably the most simultaneously arrogant and ignorant, but overall even the best class-balance dev posts were damaging to community relations. The good news is, if they want to effect change they don't need to wait for new representatives. Bioware can refer back to the feedback given by the first set of representatives as those issues are largely the same.

I think you have a perception problem :cool:.

TBF, some classes did improve, but the credit does not go to the class representative. For example, PTs told that everything was fine and it is a perception problem in the responses, then went around and buffed everything in 2.4, but sorc did not get crap.

Edited by Ottoattack

My thoughts exactly.

This times 1000... at least for Sage/Sorc community some excellent feedback has been provided a great many times.

Firstly, to clear things up all I'm saying is that IMO I think PT DPS needs to be looked at with possible nerfs. I never said that Conceal/Scrapper needs a nerf, but they need changes that aren't nerfs. I know because I used to play one. Other classes are either fine or just need buffs.

I know class balance will never be perfect, but it seems like this is such a sensitive topic because those who dare say anything about a certain class/spec that needs a nerf or at least needs to be looked at is called a "bad". No one should be afraid of bringing up classes they feel are a bit too weak or a bit too overpowered. This type of discussion is necessary for improved balance in PvP.

You also said something about their HTL ability, but it's not like that's all they'll do. I just have a problem with them always seemingly being able to activate their utilities/defensive CDs frequently. I don't know if it's me, but that's the class I have the most trouble going up against. Other classes I really have no quarrels with in terms of OP-ness. I've also talked to other players about this in general and they seem to agree with me, for the most part.

Are there any classes/specs you think need a nerf? If so why? You know, I see many players saying that this game's balance is better than any other MMO that's available yet there's still countless threads being made in periods of time about certain classes/specs. Things like Op healers are bit of a concern, but IMO I think this class/spec was made more of a concern in terms of its OP-ness because of how better it can perform in healing in 4v4s unlike a squishy Sage or a more of a single-target/support Mando healer. What I said about Op heals is just an example.

Sorry dude, but if you think pyro PT is OP... I just don't think Dany and I would be willing to invest the time required to convince you of reality. You obviously haven't played recently. Not saying it's not underpowered though.... honestly, I think it's pretty balanced.

Hey folks,

Now that we are past the launch of Game Update 2.6, it is time for the return of the Class Representative initiative! Over the course of this week I am going to start reaching out to those former Reps who had yet to submit their top 3. Early next week I will talk a little bit more about how the process will work and the schedule for when each Class will be submitting their top 3. Thank you all for your patience, I know it was quite some time ago that we took a break on this.

If there is a situation where a Class Rep is no longer available, I will reach out to whomever was nearest to them in the original nomination. If that doesn't work they I may just have their mirror Rep submit their top 3, we'll see.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Really, so do the Sorcerer/Sage players have to look forward to being told to L2P, H2F, and Make Them Pay again?

Personally, based on documented history of this game's developers, Class Reps are a waste of everyone's time because the developers do not care what we have to offer or suggest. Don't bother. BW will do what they want regardless of player's concerns and suggests.

So does this mean that the H2F, Make Them Pay answers to sorc class questions will actually be repealed and replaced with bona fide answers to the questions raised?

Does this mean we'll finally get a yellow response to the Musco-initiated Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming thread, now with 500 posts of feedback?

Will corruption healers ever be able to call their Overload (or Whirlwind, for that matter), worthy of "Making Them Pay?" Will I ever be able to run a full 36-point spec in PVP again or am I locked into the nerfed bubblestun hybrid for as long as I wish to punish myself with sorc healing? (As I said on the feedback thread bubblestun hybrid is really the only build sorcs have that can H2f and Make Them Pay as instructed by the Combat Team.) :rolleyes:

Or will this entire exercise simply generate another meme-worthy H2F, Make Them Pay response?

• Dev Post
So does this mean that the H2F, Make Them Pay answers to sorc class questions will actually be repealed and replaced with bona fide answers to the questions raised?

Does this mean we'll finally get a yellow response to the Musco-initiated Sorcerer Changes Brainstorming thread, now with 500 posts of feedback?

Will corruption healers ever be able to call their Overload (or Whirlwind, for that matter), worthy of "Making Them Pay?" Will I ever be able to run a full 36-point spec in PVP again or am I locked into the nerfed bubblestun hybrid for as long as I wish to punish myself with sorc healing? (As I said on the feedback thread bubblestun hybrid is really the only build sorcs have that can H2f and Make Them Pay as instructed by the Combat Team.) :rolleyes:

Or will this entire exercise simply generate another meme-worthy H2F, Make Them Pay response?

Hey Adrian!

This is a good question! My goal would be to not provide new meme ammunition in the answers :rak_03:. However, there are some changes coming to Sorcs/Sages in Game Update 2.7 which we are aiming to post about tomorrow. My hope is that the community feels that they are good changes and feel it addresses the feedback provided!

I will have more info tomorrow.

-eric

PS - Other classes are receiving changes as well, look for that info tomorrow.

Hey Adrian!

This is a good question! My goal would be to not provide new meme ammunition in the answers :rak_03:. However, there are some changes coming to Sorcs/Sages in Game Update 2.7 which we are aiming to post about tomorrow. My hope is that the community feels that they are good changes and feel it addresses the feedback provided!

-eric

Awesome to hear! Thanks Eric. I look forward to seeing these changes (Sage/Sorc specifically need the love).

I just hope its not more... .BUFF everyone by 5% at the same time... cause well that would be silly. (PVP wise)

Edited by dscount

It's a boring day here on the forums so I've decided to forever solve all these issues in two short paragraphs.

PvE: Take all of the classes, blow them up, and start over. Make them unique. Give each class an ability that no other class has. Make each class... a class, and not just a variation of the "jack of all trades" they are now.

PvP: Make every class identical. That is the only way to ever solve the "balance" issue that has plagued PvP since Meridian 59.

You're welcome.

It's a boring day here on the forums so I've decided to forever solve all these issues in two short paragraphs.

PvE: Take all of the classes, blow them up, and start over. Make them unique. Give each class an ability that no other class has. Make each class... a class, and not just a variation of the "jack of all trades" they are now.

PvP: Make every class identical. That is the only way to ever solve the "balance" issue that has plagued PvP since Meridian 59.

You're welcome.

LOL - sadly I have to agree with CosmicKat on the actual solution.

A LOT can be resolved by whomever OWNS the ABACUS (not Acabus) in the Combat DEV team have it taken out back and shattered into a thousand wooden/stone pieces.

:cool:

Edited by dscount

LOL - sadly I have to agree with CosmicKat on the actual solution.

A LOT can be resolved by whomever OWNS the ACABUS in the Combat DEV team have it taken out back and shattered into a thousand wooden/stone pieces.

:cool:

you mean abacus?

Anyway... devs, I expect to see long awaited buffs to anni mara, madness sin, sorc heals, pt tank, lightning and arsenal (need defenses against interrupts), and maybe even the holy grail: nerf to op healers. Oh and redo your flyby/orbital nerf please- your 2.6 version did literally the opposite of what you intended.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Hey Adrian!

-eric

Nice. This sounds great.