Whats the nicest thing youve done for another player

DarthMaulUK

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a friend by giving her implants while we were running a flashpoint. I looked when we started and she didn't have any, so I had them crafting while we did Hammer Station. When we got to the end, they were ready so I gave them to her. We now do heroics and flashpoints frequently.

Last week I was one material short for crafting my reusable stim pack, and the only ones for sale of what I needed was a stack of 99. I didn't want to buy 99 just to use 1, so I asked if anyone would sell me one. The guy selling the stack came over and gave me the 1 I needed.

Then, back on Tatooine, I rode the Jawa balloon with my brother and 2 Jedi scum. I resisted the urge to force push them off the balloon. That was SO nice of me! :cool:

A lvl 50 was having trouble finishing his class quest as his T7 was poorly equipped. I crafted a full set of Droid parts on the promise he will pay me back. Hopefully he does. I like helping others out as it seems most people don't like to help when help is requested.

• Dev Post
It's great to see people talking about helping out others in the game! I don't know if I have an awesome "nicest thing," but I always take the time to help people find things or get to places, and I love to help out when people have trouble with a class mission, like many in this thread.

Cursed loudly in vent and threw **** around when I cant even log in at the launcher because I get an incorrect this/that error...yea im sure I know my own password and email just fine...

Other than that...eh just RP with a few...enjoyable!

I sometimes see players running around who look and act a bit... clueless. I'm not the most social person on the planet (or, in this case, the galaxy) but I still remember my early days in MMO gaming and how clueless I was, and so try to help folks out from time to time... either with a friendly offer of in-game help or advice, or sometimes with a few 'gifts' from my crafters.

Fade to Black...

I love answering calls for help on class missions. I have managed to see dialogue that made me want to play the other classes even more. I'll also stop and bubble or heal someone I'm passing that looks about to wipe.

Now, I felt sorry for one guy I helped. He was a JK fighting some sith in a cave on Tatooine. They were at level for him. I started watching the sith robes wishing I could get something like that for my JC and next thing I know he is wiped. I was able to finish the elite off and revive him, but boy was I embarrassed.

Gave 200k to a guy to pay for repairs in my first Ops group, that guy is now my guild leader and I'd consider him a good friend :p

Whenever I'm on(Which is rarely as I've been busy lately) I'll help guildies out if they need it on alts or new guys still lvling. Also, if I happen to be on a lowbie planet to do something I offer help to the people on the planet with heroics and such.

Actually one of the nicest things, I started what i called the goody bag in that other game that we no longer play. Just head to the beginning zones and hand out bags and money for a few hours to new players.

Only worked cause of the honesty system, but it was kinda cool.

Meet a few of them a couple of months while pugging and learn they passed it on. Then one day leveling my Warlock alt and try having someone do the same for me.

Pretty cool stuff.

I go to Tattooine once in a while to ride the balloon, stop Republic from getting on it, and help Imperials get on the balloon, and if they fall, or if people don't want to ride the balloon, I pull them up. :D

They said nicest.

I have given someone 100k, helped with the usual class quests when some ask for help and even gave 500k to one lucky winner! Yes, 500k!

So it made me wonder what other acts of good will others have done.

I run weekly events for people on Lord Adraas.

The first, on Fridays (though on Hiatus for the last 2 weeks due to real life) is a Jedi History Class held on Tython (Ground floor, south classroom, near the floating Jedi Master), we cover in-universe history about Star Wars pulled from every source I can get my hands on that covers events in Pre-TOR time and around TOR time. We always have a Q&A near the end and we talk about what people want to. This provides both community building to the server as well as helps to educate players who are not as familiar with Star Wars as others.

The second, on Tuesdays, is a Star Wars trivia competition, also held on Tython. The winner of this usually gets a set of newbie gear (level 11-13 blues and purples) crafted by yours truly. On two occasions members of PAX Dominus (a wonderful Guild on Lord Adraas) have also kicked in prizes to the winner which, when combined with the credits I toss in, have totaled up to over 1.5 million in cash and prizes over the course of 6 consecutive weeks.