Cannot Log Onto Characters in Strongholds

Wilgard

For me this problem has gotten worse and worse every day since the start of the 2nd week of the Dantooine event, and now the game is totally unplayable. I have four bars for a minute or two then connectivity drops to the red x and then I get disconnected from the server. No improvement whatsoever since the last "fix." Edited by Aghasett

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t disagree, I was just giving a basic analogy. One of my early jobs was customer escalations for Quicken. All support was paid for and trying to explain it was user error and they needed to pay was always a “fun” discussion.

Everyone should work in retail or food service at some point in their life just to see what it's like on the other side. All the scams people try to pull at the register, explaining store policies and why they have to have them, no the customer is not always right especially when you're trying to scam your way to a free meal, what bait and switch actually means, being yelled at for trying to explain why a size 2 didn't fit and no I won't give you compensation, the crap they do in and to changing rooms, etc. You would come to the conclusion that people are idiots and we need to be nicer to each other.

Everyone should work in retail or food service at some point in their life just to see what it's like on the other side. All the scams people try to pull at the register, explaining store policies and why they have to have them, no the customer is not always right especially when you're trying to scam your way to a free meal, what bait and switch actually means, being yelled at for trying to explain why a size 2 didn't fit and no I won't give you compensation, the crap they do in and to changing rooms, etc. You would come to the conclusion that people are idiots and we need to be nicer to each other.

LoL, completely agree. Although some people are too idiotic to even work in retail or fast food.

My first Job was a Maca’s Manager. A retailer and state manager for a big retail chain. CS call centre Management, I’ve been IT tech support for MS, Corel, Quicken, Netgear, IBM... An IT state sales manager... eventually owner of my own IT business.

My whole work life always had a customer dimension to is somewhere. I can teach customer service and best practice. But you can’t teach common sense or logic because it’s not that common ;)

I can't even run the game for more than 10 minutes before it just freezes on my and locks my computer up or I have to force it shut through windows error.

"through windows error?" are you talkin about blue screens?

if so, its more likely that one or more hardware components are crashing while running the game, due to the heavy load on cpu and partly gpu. overheating would be my first guess.

check your tempretures etc. to find the problem.

(before you say it: yes, your system might run newer games without any problem, but swtor and its engine require high single core frequency, which could cause an overheating core for example. especially if you overclocked and the system is not 100% stable under heavy load.)

Edited by mrphstar

"through windows error?" are you talkin about blue screens?

if so, its more likely that one or more hardware components are crashing while running the game, due to the heavy load on cpu and partly gpu. overheating would be my first guess.

check your tempretures etc. to find the problem.

(before you say it: yes, your system might run newer games without any problem, but swtor and its engine require high single core frequency, which could cause an overheating core for example. especially if you overclocked and the system is not 100% stable under heavy load.)

nah i meant like, when your application freezes and then after clicking and windows gives an option to force close the application.

nah i meant like, when your application freezes and then after clicking and windows gives an option to force close the application.

You might want to verify your hardware anyway. You're having a problem that isn't game wide, so it sort of implies that part of the issue is on your end. "but it didn't start until the last update" isn't really relevant, because hardware works just fine, until it doesn't. If a lot of people were experiencing the same issues you are, you can bet there'd be a handful of threads on the first page, since a search, or just scanning the first page for a topic regarding an issue seems to be taboo in the MMO community at large.