Rage Jugg or Fury Mara

BonnerFett

I have a Rage Jugg and a Fury Mara.

I'm trying to decide which one I'm going to main for PVP. I will be doing solo ranked with the occasional team ranked. I kind of feel like the Jugg can do as much damage (espically burst) as the Mara. The Mara has the CC immunity which is nice...

Having a hard time deciding....Need help and opinions.

Thanks in advance!

I have a Rage Jugg and a Fury Mara.

I'm trying to decide which one I'm going to main for PVP. I will be doing solo ranked with the occasional team ranked. I kind of feel like the Jugg can do as much damage (espically burst) as the Mara. The Mara has the CC immunity which is nice...

Having a hard time deciding....Need help and opinions.

Thanks in advance!

Fury mara. Just... take it.

if you spend most of your pvp in regs and pug, then jugg for sure.

if you want to do ranked, especially team ranked, or you have friends that you normally grp with for regs, then any of the maras.

last thing to consider: juggs are more versatile. you can dps and tank. all you have to do is respec. so...it keeps your options open in a way that mara doesn't.

For the love of your sanity don't try solo ranked as a rage jug. It won't end well for you. You are the number one kill target and will be focused down out of the gate. If you insist on trying, you will find popping a wz adrenal right at the start as eveyone opens up will let you survive the first 4 secs of the opening stun on you while everyones relics are proccing. You can't CC break this because as that stun ends/you break your going to be white barred with another 4 secs. You WON'T survive that and you have to CC break so you can get saber ward up. Remember it doesn't work when your stunned! you can't pre pop it. You have to wait until they white bar you. That will give you some breathing room, but your going to be very low on health, mad dash out force charge a sorc then force push>> force charge again to get some room. Use int roar and then your grenade. Your entire purpose of being at this point is a desperate attempt to stay alive longer then your teams kill target so that they can have a 3v3.

If you and they are successful or not, expect lots of /w abuse, appeals not to queue again, accusations on fleet that your match throwing and people pointing arbitrary numbers like "lol 993 dps" (when you died in an opening 8 sec stunlock) as they troll you to see if they can generate frustrated tears from you. All the while you will be able to dwell on the fact that none of your "pro" teammates bothered to off heal you, use a taunt to help you or attempt to CC the people attacking you. They were mongo tunneling their kill target, but damage numbers don't lie! they did 300k you managed 50k. You were so carried bruh! please stop queueing and uninstall.

On a diff subject, I struggle with maras. Anni is to complicated for me and I don't have the reaction speed to make carnage work so the rotation falls apart on me alot. I can do rage though! is fury same as rage for damage rotation? whats different? how do they both feel to you? similar? same feel to them? or different?

For the love of your sanity don't try solo ranked as a rage jug. It won't end well for you. You are the number one kill target and will be focused down out of the gate. If you insist on trying, you will find popping a wz adrenal right at the start as eveyone opens up will let you survive the first 4 secs of the opening stun on you while everyones relics are proccing. You can't CC break this because as that stun ends/you break your going to be white barred with another 4 secs. You WON'T survive that and you have to CC break so you can get saber ward up. Remember it doesn't work when your stunned! you can't pre pop it. You have to wait until they white bar you. That will give you some breathing room, but your going to be very low on health, mad dash out force charge a sorc then force push>> force charge again to get some room. Use int roar and then your grenade. Your entire purpose of being at this point is a desperate attempt to stay alive longer then your teams kill target so that they can have a 3v3.

If you and they are successful or not, expect lots of /w abuse, appeals not to queue again, accusations on fleet that your match throwing and people pointing arbitrary numbers like "lol 993 dps" (when you died in an opening 8 sec stunlock) as they troll you to see if they can generate frustrated tears from you. All the while you will be able to dwell on the fact that none of your "pro" teammates bothered to off heal you, use a taunt to help you or attempt to CC the people attacking you. They were mongo tunneling their kill target, but damage numbers don't lie! they did 300k you managed 50k. You were so carried bruh! please stop queueing and uninstall.

ranked players tend to get overly "salty," but if you're dying quickly as a jugg in yolo, you really are doing it wrong. 1) you're vengeance, I hope. 2) ED works while stunned. 3) veng is immune to everything after leap, and juggs can create their own leap (if need be) with push. use enure as a root immunity in between (poor man's HO). shouldn't need to fall back on saber ward for a while there.

there are two schools of thought for focus target: kill the best player quickly b/c he's going to do the most dmg to you (this is usually something like kid'icarus b/c even if you don't blow him up, you can force him off the board while he combat stealths away. rahc is another example of this. he will often be killed first even though he'll outlast most PTs, you really need to get his dps off the board asap.

but the opposite strat is also very common: kill the weakest link. weakest link can be defined by spec or player. if you're going by spec, then veng is far from the first you want to focus. rage can be. usually, however, it's a merc or a PT b/c they have the worst dcds and have nothing to force a hard swap (ala stealth, barrier or reflect). so if you're getting focused first out of the gate on a jugg, look around. are there any mercs, PTs or snipers? are there other jugg dps on your team? if the answer is yes to either of those questions, then being focused first probably has nothing to do with your class/spec.

:2cents:

edit: also, please say nothing in reply but screenshot the whispers. report them. upload screenies on imagur. send link in ticket. usually gets them banned for a couple days. usually shuts them up.

Edited by foxmob

In my 12(?) games I never saw a merc and only saw 1 apt. Funny enough that game he was the target not me. He told me off for skank tanking insisted I not guard him, so I intervened onto him when the 2 mars lept on him and threat screamed. Then I used a grenade. It didnt save him and then they started on me. That apt lasted about 7 gcds in both rounds. I'm pretty sure its the rage spec thats the problem, its just not got the tools to handle massive incoming burst from 3-4 people while its CC'D. The fact mercs and apts suffer the same problem doesn't stop it being a class balance failure with the current pvp meta bioware created by making healers godmode and burst damge so high to counter the "lol I heal to full with 3 buttons".

ranked players tend to get overly "salty," but if you're dying quickly as a jugg in yolo, you really are doing it wrong. 1) you're vengeance, I hope. 2) ED works while stunned. 3) veng is immune to everything after leap, and juggs can create their own leap (if need be) with push. use enure as a root immunity in between (poor man's HO). shouldn't need to fall back on saber ward for a while there.

there are two schools of thought for focus target: kill the best player quickly b/c he's going to do the most dmg to you (this is usually something like kid'icarus b/c even if you don't blow him up, you can force him off the board while he combat stealths away. rahc is another example of this. he will often be killed first even though he'll outlast most PTs, you really need to get his dps off the board asap.

but the opposite strat is also very common: kill the weakest link. weakest link can be defined by spec or player. if you're going by spec, then veng is far from the first you want to focus. rage can be. usually, however, it's a merc or a PT b/c they have the worst dcds and have nothing to force a hard swap (ala stealth, barrier or reflect). so if you're getting focused first out of the gate on a jugg, look around. are there any mercs, PTs or snipers? are there other jugg dps on your team? if the answer is yes to either of those questions, then being focused first probably has nothing to do with your class/spec.

edit: also, please say nothing in reply but screenshot the whispers. report them. upload screenies on imagur. send link in ticket. usually gets them banned for a couple days. usually shuts them up.

LadyDarkkitten actually has a point. There are simply no PT and merc DPS in ranked. Snipers are rarity and getting obliterated by scoundrels/sentinels/dot cancer. Same for juggs, they just live a bit longer, while being more useless. To win as a jugg you need to have strong carry or clueless enemy team.

Reflect doesn't actually work against bunch of attacks, such as volatile substance or explosive probe. Same thing for saber ward, stunning you makes defense chance turn to 0, leaving you with poor 25% yellow damage redux.

Edited by DerSchneider

LadyDarkkitten actually has a point. There are simply no PT and merc DPS in ranked. Snipers are rarity and getting obliterated by scoundrels/sentinels/dot cancer. Same for juggs, they just live a bit longer, while being more useless. To win as a jugg you need to have strong carry or clueless enemy team.

Reflect doesn't actually work against bunch of attacks, such as volatile substance or explosive probe. Same thing for saber ward, stunning you makes defense chance turn to 0, leaving you with poor 25% yellow damage redux.

dunno what to tell ya, man. I was on a merc the first four weeks and there were a lot of VG dps on TEH. I only played a few nights on JC, but there were PTs there as well...dps.

more to the point, there were tons of jugg and guardian dps on TEH, and the last man standing was invariably a veng or a sorc with the occasional stealth that sneaked away and healed. if the veng was the first target, it was the player not the spec.

dunno what to tell ya, man. I was on a merc the first four weeks and there were a lot of VG dps on TEH. I only played a few nights on JC, but there were PTs there as well...dps.

more to the point, there were tons of jugg and guardian dps on TEH, and the last man standing was invariably a veng or a sorc with the occasional stealth that sneaked away and healed. if the veng was the first target, it was the player not the spec.

PT dps extinct with the 4.5 nerf. On TRE last one standing is 90% scoundrel and 10% sage. Just saying.

I never did ranked on TEH. On harb and tre I was brutally murdered. JC I actually had some good fun, but there I played on a shadow and we organised guys from guild/trade. queued when rank was dead and just us. It gets alot more interesting and enjoyable once you take all the super serious smack talkers out of it and just have fun.

PT dps extinct with the 4.5 nerf. On TRE last one standing is 90% scoundrel and 10% sage. Just saying.

ranked doesn't exist after the first ~4 weeks. after that, it's the same 10 or so guys toon hopping, and farming/raging on anyone else who foolishly queues.

ranked doesn't exist after the first ~4 weeks. after that, it's the same 10 or so guys toon hopping, and farming/raging on anyone else who foolishly queues.

Well said :p

That's why rewards should be announced. Because right now there is no reason to queue except if you are fan of this pvp mode.

Edited by DerSchneider

you forgot to add "while spamming /pvp with "why aren't solos popping/queue solo ranked!""

meh. that's the butthurt angle. I'm not saying it doesn't have validity. but I think the more important thing is that for the first 3-4 weeks, you get a more representative sample of the pvp community in the matches.

I've gone on this diatribe before, but the reason all of the ranked formats have floundered is that after the initial influx and adrenaline of a new season passes, the pecking order settles in. and it comes to a point where you're either always winning or always losing. there aren't enough players/teams so that elo can accurately pair you with teammates and/or teams that are of a relatively equal skill. the problem is further compounded by the fact that you need X number of games under your belt before elo can mean anything.

this all means

• establishing an accurate rating is difficult nigh impossible given the population -- and for grp ranked, it's entirely likely that a team never gets to 10 games in the first place (recall the difficulty pugging teams for 8v8?)
  • getting matched up with/against relatively equal players is nigh impossible unless you're one of the top 3-5 teams on server (if that for most servers) - and only after everyone else quits the queue.
  • the more predictable the outcome becomes, the less likely ppl will queue, meaning fewer ppl in queue, more manipulation of queue, less interest in "playing by the rules," dead queues.

this is all before any kind of class balance problems or role enforcement/balance problems are considered.

Edited by foxmob

meh. that's the butthurt angle. I'm not saying it doesn't have validity. but I think the more important thing is that for the first 3-4 weeks, you get a more representative sample of the pvp community in the matches.

I've gone on this diatribe before, but the reason all of the ranked formats have floundered is that after the initial influx and adrenaline of a new season passes, the pecking order settles in. and it comes to a point where you're either always winning or always losing. there aren't enough players/teams so that elo can accurately pair you with teammates and/or teams that are of a relatively equal skill. the problem is further compounded by the fact that you need X number of games under your belt before elo can mean anything.

this all means

• establishing an accurate rating is difficult nigh impossible given the population -- and for grp ranked, it's entirely likely that a team never gets to 10 games in the first place (recall the difficulty pugging teams for 8v8?)
  • getting matched up with/against relatively equal players is nigh impossible unless you're one of the top 3-5 teams on server (if that for most servers) - and only after everyone else quits the queue.
  • the more predictable the outcome becomes, the less likely ppl will queue, meaning fewer ppl in queue, more manipulation of queue, less interest in "playing by the rules," dead queues.

this is all before any kind of class balance problems or role enforcement/balance problems are considered.

Yet there are alot of games not least wow arenas for example that don't have this problem. With the number of different accounts that do regs at 65, there really shouldn't be dead and abandoned ranked like there is now. The population is/was there to sustain it. I think one big issue is the lack of rewards for doing ranked dailies/weeklies. If you perhaps made an alliance crate the rewards for doing the daily, while giving say a grand chance cube as a reward for the weekly, while removing the requiremnt to win, just to play to the end 15 ranked matchs for the weekly, you would re populate ranked with alot of casual pvpers. This would allow real matchmaking to "possibly" happen.

Further don't dismiss the effect of the abusive pvp community on harbringer and how they are effectively eating their own young. That in itself has caused many inexperienced and lesser skill players to just abandon that whole area of the game. I've been watching tonight on harb in lowbies how people who obviously don't "get" the wzs probably new to pvp are being openly abused in the chat. I try quietly /w them, but if these people never queue for a wz again I can't blame them and I'm mourning for the game. These morons are literally killing us by hounding out new people. They do as much damage as bioware ever did.