• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They definitely can. I've had all of my companions crit on missions and crafting. I don't have a companion with +crit for cybertech, and yet I still routinely receive earpieces with augment slots.

However, at this point in time, not all crafted items can crit. Mods and Armoring, for example, fall into that category.

That's not exactly true. Crafted items can crit one of two ways: augment slot or extra output. Crystals (from artificers), stims, medpacs, enhancements, and mods are all in the second category - companions have a chance to create an extra one. This was the case when your post was made, as well.

If I'm not mistaken, crit chance is affected by affection, regardless of whether or not that particular companion has crit chance listed as one of his/her abilities.

Goshee, thanks for making this guide, if I haven't said it already. It's been up on my toolbar for quick reference for nearly a year now, and I consult it for companion gifts and crew skills fairly frequently. :rak_03:

Edited by LanaSangien

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

DarthTexas: Can you give some insight to the numbers behind crafting? What is the baseline crit chance for crafting? How does companion affection affect crit chance? Exactly how much of a boost is +1 or +5 critical chance in crafting? Having the Reverse Engineer % chance is a nice step in removing some of the unknowns in crafting; now we just need the numbers on the creation side to be less ambiguous.

Patrick Malott (Systems Designer): The baseline crit chance for crafting is dependent on the difficulty of the crafting action relative to your current crafting skill level. The difficulty is color coded in the crafting GUI.

Orange Difficulty: 10%

Yellow, Green, and Gray Difficulty: 15%

Companion Affection scales Crew Skill chance up to +5% at maximum affection.

A Companion Trait critical chance bonus of +1 or +5 is a percentage. Example: The Imperial Agent companion character Kaliyo grants a +2 bonus to Underworld Trading Critical. This is +2% bonus.

Using Kaliyo at maximum affection as an example, if she ran a green difficulty Underworld Trading mission for you, she would have a 22% chance to score a mission critical success.

From: http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-april-27th-2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Quote: Originally Posted by chaharbagh View Post

Is there a website that lists every crew skill schematic and mission (with descriptions included)? I've been trying to find one since Torhead shut down.

torcommunity.com is working on it.

One can also still access the bulk of Torhead via the Wayback Machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Great guide. This helps a lot.

A question it did not answer, which might not be all that important, are what the breakpoints for the crafting level brackets? For instance the beginning level bracket for a gathering/mission skill is 10 - 16 but I don't see where the level of my crafting skill is equal to the level of the mission, at least in game. For instance, a gather bracket of 10 - 16 equals what level of the actual gathering skill: 1 - ?. I'm at 38 Underworld Trading and still not in the next bracket of 17 - ?.

Like I said, this might not be very important but would be nice to know. My armormech out-leveled my UT and I need UT materials to create some items. As a 'milestone' it'd be nice to know how far I need to go to get to the next bracket so I can actually start producing usable items. Well, usable for myself and friends att.

Other than that niggle, this has helped me!

Great guide. This helps a lot.

A question it did not answer, which might not be all that important, are what the breakpoints for the crafting level brackets? For instance the beginning level bracket for a gathering/mission skill is 10 - 16 but I don't see where the level of my crafting skill is equal to the level of the mission, at least in game. For instance, a gather bracket of 10 - 16 equals what level of the actual gathering skill: 1 - ?. I'm at 38 Underworld Trading and still not in the next bracket of 17 - ?.

Like I said, this might not be very important but would be nice to know. My armormech out-leveled my UT and I need UT materials to create some items. As a 'milestone' it'd be nice to know how far I need to go to get to the next bracket so I can actually start producing usable items. Well, usable for myself and friends att.

Other than that niggle, this has helped me!

These are NOT perfect values (as I am doing them from memory) but close enough:

grade 1 = level 10-16 = skill 1-80

grade 2 = level 17-24 = skill 81-150

grade 3 = level 25-32 = skill 151-225

grade 4 = level 33-42 = skill 226-300

grade 5 = level 43-48 = skill 301-339

grade 6 = level 49-50 = skill 340-400

grade 9 = level 51-55 = skill 401-450

grade 11 = level 56-60 = skill 451-500

Now there is some overlap between grades. i.e. you can continue to run grade 6 missions and get skill points to 410.

Edited by psandak

• 2 weeks later...

Need to update this list:

Your current level will determine how many companions you can send on a crew skill task at any given time. Here is the 'max deployable' list according to character level:

[Level 10] - 1

[Level 15] - 2

[Level 25] - 3

[Level 41] - 4

[Level 48] - 5

Add one more line:

[Level 56] - 6

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
This article includes major inaccuracies because of changes in version 4.

Given the attention to detail I'd like to see it updated.

Same I added it to:

SWTOR Community Guides and Resources - SWTORCGR

on this page

Crew Skill - Guide Links 4.0

unfortunately I had to add it as a Pre 4.0 guide :(

would love to see this updated so I can change it as 4.0 ready.

Cheers nice guide Goshee could you PM me if you get this updated or maybe divide it into 4.0 and 3.0 sections.

Maybe put 4.0 section on top and things that get converted to 4.0 or is still relevant can be moved to that area.

I know it's a lot of work converting the information I'm still converting and moving things from the old SWTOR Community Guides and Resources - SWTORCGR (Pre 4.0) to the new SWTOR Community Guides and Resources - SWTORCGR (4.0 Ready)

Edited by DorjeeVajra

TLDR:

get lots of slicers and a Synthweaver. Craft crit 40 and alacrity 40 augs all day. After a week retire to your fully unlocked mansion on Tatooine with every single decoration and never worry about crafting or credits again.

Hehe nice one will have to look into that