Begin Your Journey

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you put in some vids for PvP please, espescially for huttball, so many issues with people not knowing how to pass the ball, and having to explain to them mid match that they have to go to the abilities panel and put the "pass ball" action on the action bars and so on. :(

Glad to see this for the newer players. Was needed.

Would have been great 2 months ago though.

I am curious as to why the "register an account" video is at the bottom and not at the top and released with this video since you need to do that first before you can even get into the game...

Social coordinating and updating the new player guides is nice and all, but it would be vastly more informative and useful if it was in the proper order.

-Create Account

-Server select and character creation

-Movement, maps, bindpoints, taxis.

-UI (onscreen display) explanation (such as skill bar, skill useage, cooldown, mini map, quest tracker, etc).

-Finally socialize.

Might want to get on that account creation video, people kinda need to do that before they can choose servers and create characters. Unless you're planning a bait'n'switch campaign with this series of videos by showing them the game, get them to buy, and then come back to figure out how to set up an account. In that case, sure, leave it the way it is.

Can you put in some vids for PvP please, espescially for huttball, so many issues with people not knowing how to pass the ball, and having to explain to them mid match that they have to go to the abilities panel and put the "pass ball" action on the action bars and so on. :(

That would be nice, but it'd be nicer if the huttball loading screen actually showed you that instead. Simple replacement of one loading screen with a better and more informative one would be way more effective in the long run. We need more explanations ingame rather than checking youtube all the time, and where better than on the loading screen itself when you're loading into the warzone to explain the different aspects and mechanics.

Edited by Talorya

Great idea but I think it's something you should have put on the websites before launch when people were still crazy hyped about it.

Now it's only for the tiny tiny tiny amount of new players that may still come to the game.

Or for some big wave of players later on when the game gets better perhaps? :) I hope so.

Great idea but I think it's something you should have put on the websites before launch when people were still crazy hyped about it.

Now it's only for the tiny tiny tiny amount of new players that may still come to the game.

Or for some big wave of players later on when the game gets better perhaps? :) I hope so.

not a big chance until they fix all the bugs ,do a better UI(it is even worst after 1.0, especially in ability in cooldown yet still highlight the icon), and solve the endgame prob.

They should concentrate on trying to keep old customers by fixing all the bugs that make the game unplayable . I don't think they'll get much more subs the way things are at the moment so no need for those kinds of videos . With those videos they probably want to create illusion for new players that there is customer support in this game but be warned that is not the case . Anyone who is considering to buy this game go first to the customer service forum and see for your self . Those vids are all support you'll get in this game .

Where was this video two months ago? No one needs it now.

And if someone wants to play this, I'm sure they already are playing.

LOL

Yes please close your account serves this guy ^^ said you will never have a new subscriber

Navigate The Old Republic

Learn How to Use Maps, Bind Points and Taxis

Just don't rush to make that video as:

1. You have to totally redo the map UI
  2. You have to revamp the bind points due to really annoying travel time sink and loading screens
  3. Taxis, see #2

Edited by Deewe

because I am sure the developers made the video :rolleyes:

JIM! You're a level 3 programmer right? Working on game content?

Yeah

STOP THAT RIGHT NOW, we need you to 'code us up a video

Umm .. Sir ... it doesn't really work like that ..

You don't want to help out the team?

Well it's not that ... I mean ... you don't really "code" a video. Besides, we have a whole PR team ..

LESS TALKING MORE CODING UP A VIDEO

Yes Sir, right away Sir ..

New player here (not really), could Eric Musco in the next video give us a tutorial about graphical settings and show us how to enable the awesome textures I've seen in this video and other media publications on your website? Edited by daMarek

New player here (not really), could Eric Musco in the next video give us a tutorial about graphical settings and show us how to enable the awesome textures I've seen in this video and other media publications on your website?

i can teach you that part, go to newegg.com get yourself the: ASUS MATRIX GTX580 P/2DIS/1536MD5 GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

install, launch SWTOR, enjoy......

Make sure one of the tutorials include the Who list and the LFG flag. Seems the vast majority of people are totally and utterly oblivious to their existence.

This.

It amazes me how few people are aware of and use the LFG flag.

and ofcourse. More clueless kids going HERPDERP about bugs. If you can't stay on topic, don't post at all ok? So please go to your mommy and beg for some more poptarts. (reminds me, I need more).

On topic:

Pretty cool videos. Helped my girlfriend out, she's rather new to the game :)

Would love an /who and LFG video and maybe one to explain the GTN as well.

In our new series of “Quick Start Guides,” Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Social Media Coordinator Eric Musco helps new players to better understand certain aspects of the game. The first installment in this series, “Begin Your Journey,” will guide players through the process of creating your first characters.

Watch Now

Lol.

Sriusly ? Character creation ?

If that's to complicatego for someone then he should't play this game at all.

Fortunatly you didn't "innovate" this :)

i can teach you that part, go to newegg.com get yourself the: ASUS MATRIX GTX580 P/2DIS/1536MD5 GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

install, launch SWTOR, enjoy......

Lol! Funny. You donot need that high powered video card to enjoy the high textures in the game. Lots of cheaper ones will work just fine. The CPU you have is just as important for smooth performance of the GPU rendering.

On the subject of the thread, this is a good concept which can help new players to TOR. Afterall, in the months to come the game could be getting more and more new players.