Is it just me?

kuuwaren

Is it just me or do pulls seem a little OP? I would not like them to be taken completely out because they are vital to the way some people play their toons. I just feel like it should have a little less range.. My main issue with it is in Hutt ball(which isn't my favorite WZ anyways) being the ball carrier. It just seems like I get pulled much further than should be allowed. I can do everything else right, almost get to the goal and get pulled a third of the way back towards my own side(usually by someone who has been useless for their team until then) back to the group of enemies that I left in the dust(usually because I used good teamwork, broke a CC, medpacked and adrenalled) just to hand the ball back over to them before my team can backtrack to save me. I wouldn't say it's a game breaker, it's just a bit more annoying than most things I see in WZs. Am I alone in this? Edited by kuuwaren

Use your Pass Keybind at that point lol - Pulls can be used very strategically (on Defense or Offense) but the little baddie that does nothing for his team while waiting for pull to come off CD isn't going to be using it in one of those manners.

P.S. Save your CC break for going over the Fire (as I'm sure you know) that way when the baddie tries to pull you in and Environment Burn you to death you just bash his face in and laugh b/c he didn't get that tiny "Stiffy" he was going for after all lol.

Edited by Rathgaar

It can be as helpful as it is annoying. One time I pulled the ball carrier off the catwalk and into the pit with my pyro's grapple, and before he hit the ground a sage on his team pulled him right back onto the catwalk. Playing catch with the ball carrier I guess.

But yeah I love pulling teammates when I'm on my sorc - especially that new map when the pylons blow. I saved someone's *** lastnight with that and it was epic...

The range on both is 30m, however the Vanguards/Powertechs have a delay on theirs which makes it so you can walk a little more forward before actually being pulled. This could be what's causing you to feel like its range is longer than it actually is, because you can't walk out or be pulled out once its been activated. So if a Sage/Sorcerer and Vanguard/Powertech both use their pull at the same time, since the Vanguard's/Powertech's pull kicks in after the Sage's/Sorcerer you'll end up in front of the Vanguard/Powertech. It's also useful to note that if you walk in front of something that would normally LoS you from being pulled when the Vanguard's/Powertech's pull activates you'll just collide with that object and not be fully pulled to the Vanguard/Powertech. For example, those little four corner pillars over Fire Pits, I've had them stop my pull from fully bringing them over to where I was before ... and platforms @_@. Edited by Daikeru