Oceanic Servers, what's happening to them?

Tom_the_Narwhal

I write this on behalf of all 3 Oceanic servers. Due to the sheer lack of population; doing any type of gameplay be it PvP, PvE or good old messing about on fleet is damn near impossible. Right now at 7pm here in New Zealand there are 19 people on the republic fleet. 50 PvP takes 30 minutes to pop and the only way you can get flashpoints/operations/ranked-warzones going is be cross-merging guilds and filling them up that way.

Please at least acknowledge that there is an issue and let us know what you are doing to fix it, whethers its merging all 3 servers, merging two, transfering us all to US servers or whatever it is, please just let us know.

The longer you leave us in the dark, the more tempting it is to just call it quits and go to another game that we can actually play. We need to know.

people in my guild, Force Crusaders (Gav Daragon) are having second thoughts about this game, they want a higher population, so some of us have rolled characters on the Dalborra server (rep guild is Refugees of Gav Daragon, imp guild is Killer K's). I have been contemplating on whether to continue playing after my six month sub (renewed last month) runs out.

Tonight I snappd at a fellow player over general fleet chat.

He asked for all 50s to queue for PVP. After having just been beaten for the 5th time in a row by the same full warhero equiped republic players, I made a snide comment about how the republic needs to farm more commondations.

Gav Daragon is a RP server so I am not expecting a huge pool of PVP players, but it is choking right now. It is becoming Toxic where guilds are losing members to PVP friendly other games or refusing to co-ordinate with each other for events over poisoned reputations from months of one sided PVP. We litterally can't get players in one of the largest guilds for ranked PVP because playing the same only other PVP ranked team who out gear us and make much more comms per win has no appeal.

Even our guild 50s have to spend hours leveling alts to boost numbers in alterate roles for making PVE balanced groups. When they could be helping others through ops so everyone gears up for harder ops such as the new content SWTOR is advertising this week as a selling point.

Please do something soon.

At the moment my guild on Gav Daragon (Force Crusaders) is mostly inactive because we don't like the low population on the server. A few of us have even rolled characters on the Dalborra server (which has numbers of when Gav Daragon was like at launch) its much more fun on the Dalborra server, but we want to transfer our 50's over.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys not get it?!

Merge us all into one server... with what ruleset? 3 different community types, 2 will be unhappy, only 1 will be happy. More drama ensues, the 2 unhappy groups unsub = you're f****ed.

Just think about more than just yourselves for one second and realise that a mass server merge is NOT the answer!

Edited by Ailie

Do you guys not get it?!

Merge us all into one server... with what ruleset? 3 different community types, 2 will be unhappy, only 1 will be happy. More drama ensues, the 2 unhappy groups unsub = you're f****ed.

Just think about more than just yourselves for one second and realise that a mass server merge is NOT the answer!

The general consensus on all 3 servers is the same, Master Dar'Nala; no OW pvp anyway, we don't care if we go tp PvE and they don't care either, same with RP, they said they aren't even that RP oriented and those few that are can be gotten round easily with /ignores and unique RP channels etc.

Yes let us think for once, that many players want all types of play, PVP PVE and RP, and a server merge can still preserve those who want specific difference. The tools (different world phases for PVE or PVP, the RP tools to ignore trolls) are in this engine.

Dividing the servers by these play types was a waste to the potential of the game anyway.

MERGE or let me Transfer. Gav Daragon is a sinking ship, and if I have to reroll on Dalborra and forget my 3 50's , my gear and millions of creds just to get a pop it wont be worth paying for this game anymore.

Surely it would be more cost effective for Bioware to have 1 server anyway, money that could be spent developing or promoting this great game.

The general consensus on all 3 servers is the same, Master Dar'Nala; no OW pvp anyway, we don't care if we go tp PvE and they don't care either, same with RP, they said they aren't even that RP oriented and those few that are can be gotten round easily with /ignores and unique RP channels etc.

I'm sorry but where did you get this 'consensus' that the RPers are happy to move?

Most of the people posting in this and other threads are NOT RPers, the servers are RP oriented because quite a lot of people are always in character. And we do also do events but given that we deliberately exclude one of the most prominent guilds posting in support of a merge, it's no surprise that they don't realise that it happens

And frankly, I don't particularly think many of them will be keen on being abused or mocked by morons just because of how they communicate with a group.

I'm sorry but where did you get this 'consensus' that the RPers are happy to move?

Most of the people posting in this and other threads are NOT RPers, the servers are RP oriented because quite a lot of people are always in character. And we do also do events but given that we deliberately exclude one of the most prominent guilds posting in support of a merge, it's no surprise that they don't realise that it happens

And frankly, I don't particularly think many of them will be keen on being abused or mocked by morons just because of how they communicate with a group.

ignore him hes just a elitist stuck up little ***** and doesn't know how to use the block feature