Darth Maul.

Prideth

I say BW makes two new builds for SI and SW so you can duel wield for SI if you wanted to or have double bladed lightsaber for SW.(Of course this would have to be done for the Republic side to) This is supposed to be the game star wars game fans dream of so why shouldnt we have the characters we always wanted. Thats just my 2 cents. Although I would like to see this happen in their next big expansion.

Agreed completely.

Darth Maul was Darth Sideous' assassin. He may not have showcased a lot of political flair, but he wasn't the inquisitor that was manipulating the Republic, Sideous was. And he was certainly sneaky enough, he tracked Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to Tattooine and ambushed them at their ship.

Though well trained in the ways of the Sith, Maul was technically a Sith Lord in violation of the Rule of Two because his own Master was at the time apprenticed to another, the Muun Sith Lord Darth Plagueis. However, he was kept as a Sith Assassin and thus technically wasn't an actual Sith apprentice, and in addition, Plagueis had discontinued the Rule of Two by the time he trained Sidious.
Edited by MantorokTwelve

Don't know how you got the idea that sith inquisitor class in based on Darth Maul, as the post above me says, just because the class carries a double-bladed lightsaber, dosent mean that the whole class is based on Maul lol.

"Sith Inquisitors were a class of powerful Force-wielders within the Sith Empire, operating primarily within the upper echelons and political circles. In contrast to their counterparts, the Sith Warriors, Inquisitors specialized in Force abilities as opposed to martial might, and many would devote much time to researching new skills to survive in the cutthroat Sith political environment. Few acolytes succeeded in becoming Inquisitors. However, those that did proved to be the most determined."

BW has stated it in the past, like they stated Juggs/guardians where modeled/inspired after vader

Edited by HollowVamp

i remember back before launch the devs saying that Sith Sorcerer (Sith Inquisitor) was modeled after darth sidious, Sith Assassin (Sith Inquisitor) was modeled after darth maul, Sith Juggernaut (Sith Warrior) was modeled after darth vader. i tryed finding the video where they said this but no luck. : / but i think it was at a guild summit.

Yep, I remember them saying assassin was modeled after Maul, also. Hence the name of the Maul ability and the very recognizable Seethe from Episode I.

i remember back before launch the devs saying that Sith Sorcerer (Sith Inquisitor) was modeled after darth sidious, Sith Assassin (Sith Inquisitor) was modeled after darth maul, Sith Juggernaut (Sith Warrior) was modeled after darth vader. i tryed finding the video where they said this but no luck. : / but i think it was at a guild summit.

And the Marauder would be modeled after Galen Marek.

• 11 months later...
Dooku - Assassin

Maul - Marauder

Sidious - Sorc

Vader - Juggernaut

I do see how someone can see the similarities between Sith Assassin and Darth Maul. The Seethe (Healing) aspect of the Assassin is him pacing around similar to what DM did during his battle with Qui-gon Jinn and Obi-wan Kenobi. The Double-Lightsaber, and the fact that Zarbaks can look almost identical to what Darth Maul looked like does kinda lean towards Assassin = Darth Maul.

However, this could just be a "basis" on how the Assassin was built, wherefore the Assassin is still a brutal interrogator who will at most times infuse his lightbsaber with lightning and disappear to attack from the shadows, something that Darth Maul only wishes he were crafty enough, or rather, skilled enough to do.

But I did notice the similarities as well :cool:

So the sith inquisitor (assassin) is suppose to be modeled after darth maul, right? Why isn't there a spec that uses his fighting style then? I feel the tank spec would have worked well if it didn't use lightning force attacks as much and used more of a martial arts combat style for the class. Anyone else feel like they could've done better with the class?

Where does it say any where that Darth Maul was the Base for Inquisitor? Only thing the 2 share in common is the dual light saber. Fighting style and power wise, not so much. Maul did weird side flips and stuff my Inq doesn't move or jump nothing like him. Now there is no where that i know that says this but, more or less the Jugg was Base off of Darth Vader, doesn't really matter though. Just play it as is and Have Fun.......