Viable Shield Tech hybrid in1.3?

TomC

Is there any viable hybrid that doesn't use CGC? I am looking for something like a vig/def Guardian Build that allowed me to Guard PuG healers and still do enough DPS to actually peel. Most of the 1.3 Hybrids I see use Combustible gas and don't run a shield generator. So is there no good tank Hybrid?

Is Iron Fist viable still in 1.3? If not, then no Hybrid Probably exists that's Tanky.

The only Hybrid that seems to be decent right now is the Ap/Pyro. I think Tan said that Iron Fist was Dead in 1.3, but I'm not sure why.

TBH PT is probably one of the weaker classes for Tankyness in PvP. If you enjoy it go for it, but I know most srs ranked groups take Sin or Jugg tanks over PT tanks.

Yeah, I have a Guardian that I tank with in PvP. I wanted a different class for my Empire character. I'm starting to regret it. :(

I really WANT there to be a viable AP spec that can run Ion Gas Cylinder but IGC has really terrible synergy outside of the shield tech tree.

In many threads in the PT section they say that the iron fist spec is dead..even the guy that invented it said so....BUT..i still play a "kinda" iron fist spec with dps gear, shield offhand and almost tank spec (31/8/2)...even after the 1.3 i still find it the most viable spec of PT class..its a sure win against all classes, cause its durable enough to go inside the battle carbonize ppl and then focus ur target that it will be surely dead after u finish with him even at 3v1 situations (well after that u`ll prolly die since noone will heal u :p ) its not that viable for a guard...only if u are running a premade and the healer knows that u are gonna need more heals than usual, but u can still help if u play smart with ur sonic missile and sonic dart....so :

a) its more durable than the other 2 specs AP and Pyro not as pure tank

b) it has really nice dps to be on the first 3-4 places in wzs and still dominate on 1v1 situations, even healers if u play smart ur cc and quell

c) not a burst spec, and has medium heat management

d) it has pretty nice mobility since u got jet charge, and hydraulic overrides its immune on only half the cc the game has

Depends on the goal and the warzone you play. Granted, I am not taking pvp seriously right now and only doing it for comms to get some gear to be able to be effective for ranked. However, I hold my own in full PvE spec and PvE gear most times unless I am against a premade in full WH.