Reached 50, some thoughts @ SWTOR

Razyr

Let me start by saying I'm not canceling my subscription. Overall, I'd give the game an 8.5/10. It has a lot of potential for the long term. After going through beta and now reaching 50 with my Powertech I have a few thoughts that maybe a BioWare developer will stumble across and bring up at a meeting somewhere... if they haven't been brought up already.

1. Ending for the Bounty Hunter story line was lame. Story was awesome until Corellia, then took a nose dive. I did not, in any way, shape or form, feel epic or involved.

2. Sith Inquisitor story is mind blowingly amazing. One of the best wrap up for a story out of any video game, movie or book in the last 3 decades. When my wife finished it up, everyone in our house was watching and cheering. Good job.

3. Please allow us to shut up our companions. 2V-R8 makes me want to kick babies, and I wish we could use the shock collar to induce a coma in Vette. Mako isn't too bad, but really, for the love of all that is holy, how many times do we need to hear she's not just another pretty sidekick?

4. Allow us to turn off head gear for companions. Plenty of threads on this already. Go go now, code this in.

5. I know the UI is getting fixed. Allow us to move it, resize it, etc. This can't happen soon enough.

6. PvP is fine. Keep refining it and it will be great.

7. Give us stuff to decorate the inside of our ship. Player housing is a huge strength in mmo's. This will help keep me interested in my lvl50 character by giving him something to do other than killing the same bosses over and over again for gear.

8. Deploy the armor colorization feature, where gear matches the chestpiece. We know you have it, stop delaying. Please.

9. Refine the Galactic Trade Network. Even Tabula Rasa (lol) had a search option to browse items by type. I shouldn't have to scroll through 17 pages of bracers and belts to look for something to wear on my head. I respect you guys at BioWare, however let's be honest, the GTN interface as it stands is an epic failure for the amount of money and time you've had on this game.

10. Weekly (daily) bug fixes are good, well done and thank you.

11. Auto stacking in bags? Enough said.

12. Why do I need to go to a cantina? Sure, there's rest XP for my low level toons, but what purpose do they really serve other than an inn? Can we get some quests, or maybe earn social XP, to push people into the cantinas to dance. Maybe a personal profession system, where we choose dancing or music or something similar that we can level in the cantinas. It would help get that second "m" in the "mmo". Just a thought.

13. That race on Voss? With all the colors on them? Yeah, you should let us play as those. Very cool.

14. Get the in game CSR's to start cleaning up names now. Legacy names like "Rapetastic" and "Childmolestor" really shouldn't stand more than a few hours after being reported.

15. Break the mold with level 50. Don't make it all about PvP or Pve, give us more to do. I mentioned collecting things to decorate our ships with, how up pod racing, or racing our spaceships? Set up racing circuits around the galaxy, could be fun.

16. Fix threat ratios between tanks, dps and healers. With Powertechs and Juggernauts we lose threat far too easily. Maybe better gear at 50 fixes this, but it's frustrating at the moment. Even my healer, under Guard, can peel mobs away with just a few heals. It feels broken right now.

I've got more, but that's enough for now. Thanks for a great game, I'm looking forward to seeing it improve and grow over the months and years ahead. :D

Edited by Razyr

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Ending for the Bounty Hunter story line was lame. Story was awesome until Corellia, then took a nose dive. I did not, in any way, shape or form, feel epic or involved.

That's a bummer. My Jedi Shadow storyline was great. But like movies not everyone likes the same things. Overall good review and suggestions.

3. Please allow us to shut up our companions. 2V-R8 makes me want to kick babies, and I wish we could use the shock collar to induce a coma in Vette. Mako isn't too bad, but really, for the love of all that is holy, how many times do we need to hear she's not just another pretty sidekick?

14. Get the in game CSR's to start cleaning up names now. Legacy names like "Rapetastic" and "Childmolestor" really shouldn't stand more than a few hours after being reported.

I just got Funny looks at Work cause I burst out laughing at the 2V-R8 reference and the Legacy name thing

Good thread, I agree completely. Just some additions.

A mailbox/AH in our ships would help alot. Maybe BW could offer upgrades for ships using daily space mission commendations. Something like a buyable recall to your ship would be much appreciated as well.

Turning off companion interaction would be amazing, it's annoying when every time I go to my ship I hear from the protocol droid. Honestly, it makes me dread going anywhere, it's that annoying.

That's a bummer. My Jedi Shadow storyline was great. But like movies not everyone likes the same things. Overall good review and suggestions.

I really liked the Bounty Hunter story until Corellia. Tarro Blood... heheheh, that was satisfying. oh, I forgot a MAJOR complaint that needs to be included NEXT PATCH (how could I forget this???):

17. GIVE BOUNTY HUNTERS "...THE MANDALORIAN" TITLE ASAP. We deserve it. We're Mandalorians, we fought for it, we earned it. Siths get Lord and Darth, all we get is some long title that really looks silly when every other Bounty Hunter is also wearing it. It might as well read

"...Champion of the Great Hunt, but maybe not this year's Great Hunt, because the guy beside me is also a Champion of the Great Hunt, and we both didn't win this year, so yeah."

Really. :p

My eyes must be decieving me but do i see an actual constructive thread? :eek:

This is actually the first thread where all the ideas for improvement are good, I love the idea of decorating your ship, in SWG i spent hours decorating my house with gear sets on the walls along with trophies. I would love to mount trophies throughout my ship or cusomise individual rooms to my needs, also when doing crafting missions it would be nice to see companions actually sat down constructing the item you ask them to :)

8. Deploy the armor colorization feature, where gear matches the chestpiece. We know you have it, stop delaying. Please.

9. Refine the Galactic Trade Network. Even Tabula Rasa (lol) had a search option to browse items by type. I shouldn't have to scroll through 17 pages of bracers and belts to look for something to wear on my head. I respect you guys at BioWare, however let's be honest, the GTN interface as it stands is an epic failure for the amount of money and time you've had on this game.

12. Why do I need to go to a cantina? Sure, there's rest XP for my low level toons, but what purpose do they really serve other than an inn? Can we get some quests, or maybe earn social XP, to push people into the cantinas to dance. Maybe a personal profession system, where we choose dancing or music or something similar that we can level in the cantinas. It would help get that second "m" in the "mmo". Just a thought.

16. Fix threat ratios between tanks, dps and healers. With Powertechs and Juggernauts we lose threat far too easily. Maybe better gear at 50 fixes this, but it's frustrating at the moment. Even my healer, under Guard, can peel mobs away with just a few heals. It feels broken right now.

I've got more, but that's enough for now. Thanks for a great game, I'm looking forward to seeing it improve and grow over the months and years ahead. :D

Some thoughts on these points. First I kinda understand the option for removing the match color option. While its slightly annoying, so would looking like every other person in the game. Through hard work and diligently searching the vendors in game I've found a really nice set of dark grey/red armor that actually matches but is not part of a set. It just takes a little more work.

This is not SWG, we don't need dancing monkies in the cantinas. Sorry this is a feature that stuck with so many people but I really don't want to see this.

the GTN is an awful mess, I think they know this but haven't had time to address it correctly. Its improved since BETA though :rolleyes:

I agree on the names, its awful that these names are allowed to be used as long as they are.

Threat isn't an issue for me really, the problem I would like to see maybe is some passive threat generation, so that I'm not constantly moving around. As long as the group isn't a bunch of morons and can relatively stay on 1 or 2 targets I'm pretty good with that. There are tricks and strategies you need to employ to setup a good pull but a healer with guard isn't going to pull agro after a few seconds if you are doing your job.

Some thoughts on these points. First I kinda understand the option for removing the match color option. While its slightly annoying, so would looking like every other person in the game. Through hard work and diligently searching the vendors in game I've found a really nice set of dark grey/red armor that actually matches but is not part of a set. It just takes a little more work.

This is not SWG, we don't need dancing monkies in the cantinas. Sorry this is a feature that stuck with so many people but I really don't want to see this.

the GTN is an awful mess, I think they know this but haven't had time to address it correctly. Its improved since BETA though :rolleyes:

I agree on the names, its awful that these names are allowed to be used as long as they are.

Threat isn't an issue for me really, the problem I would like to see maybe is some passive threat generation, so that I'm not constantly moving around. As long as the group isn't a bunch of morons and can relatively stay on 1 or 2 targets I'm pretty good with that. There are tricks and strategies you need to employ to setup a good pull but a healer with guard isn't going to pull agro after a few seconds if you are doing your job.

I wasn't a cantina monkey in SWG either, although I did buy my wifes toon a breast augmentation so she could get better tips from the patrons. Believe it or not, it worked.

Having said THAT, I'll get to the point... every time I walk into a cantina they are so well designed I feel it is a waste the community doesn't have a reason to use them. The cantinas in this game really have the feel of nightclubs and bars, places you'd want a fun loving community to hang out in. Alot of time and love was put into making these places and they're pretty much going to waste.

I'm glad I'm not alone in finding the names to be a problem. I think one out of every three names I see is at best juvenile, at worst grossly offensive. That, and some of the ridiculously long titles cause names to reach comic proportions, stretching across the entire screen. It's immersion shattering, and looks ugly as hell, to see Professor Vanderclown Cornholio, Champion of the Great Hunt go bunny leaping past you as you're naffing about in the woods.

Agree on the bounty hunter, actually pretty much goes down hill after winning the great hunt IMO.

Agree pretty much on all other points. Only thing I would add is fix low FPS in warzones as there is 100 threads on this as well, but should be noted.

I wasn't a cantina monkey in SWG either, although I did buy my wifes toon a breast augmentation so she could get better tips from the patrons. Believe it or not, it worked.

Having said THAT, I'll get to the point... every time I walk into a cantina they are so well designed I feel it is a waste the community doesn't have a reason to use them. The cantinas in this game really have the feel of nightclubs and bars, places you'd want a fun loving community to hang out in. Alot of time and love was put into making these places and they're pretty much going to waste.

Sabaak would fix this problem IMO, we know they want it in, just a matter of time I suppose.

This, but don't take out the President Obama's :D

Great post!

I'm really glad somebody took the time to list some things in a polite manner. As the player of a Twi'lek wearing the Imperial Dancer's uniform 24/7 I'm all for more incentive to hang out at Cantina's. When I'm not pvping I'm usually on a bar :p

I had a recommendation for the forums. What if they put in a "rating" system to rate other player's posts. With a provision like if you give 5 bad ratings in a row you cant give anymore for an hour it might keep the trolls from totally abusing it. My reasoning so many threads are just trash and so many posters are trolls that I swear signed up for the game just to whine on the forums. I'd love to be able to have a "rating" next to a thread and be like okay this thread is 1 star, not worth my time.

Just a thought.

(PS) you would definitely get a 5 star! :)

Great post!

I'm really glad somebody took the time to list some things in a polite manner. As the player of a Twi'lek wearing the Imperial Dancer's uniform 24/7 I'm all for more incentive to hang out at Cantina's. When I'm not pvping I'm usually on a bar :p

I had a recommendation for the forums. What if they put in a "rating" system to rate other player's posts. With a provision like if you give 5 bad ratings in a row you cant give anymore for an hour it might keep the trolls from totally abusing it. My reasoning so many threads are just trash and so many posters are trolls that I swear signed up for the game just to whine on the forums. I'd love to be able to have a "rating" next to a thread and be like okay this thread is 1 star, not worth my time.

Just a thought.

(PS) you would definitely get a 5 star! :)

They do ;-)

It was in the additional options section of the screen where you replied to the thread. I just gave it 5 stars for instance :-)

Sabaak would fix this problem IMO, we know they want it in, just a matter of time I suppose.

Indeed. Some NPCs to play against for those of us who are shy, and the possibility to play Sabacc against other players for those who want - granted, this may well run into legal problems since it would become "real" gambling in the minds of a lot of people, but it would nonetheless be cool.

great post, only one thing missing:

Social gear for non inquisitor/consulars.

I see assassin tanks working it in their metal bikinis and would love to tank in the collectors edition outfit, but as a jugg, it just ain't workin!