Artifice is crap?

Bialaska

No, you've missed the point as well.

There should BE NO BoP crafting items.

Everything a crafter can make should be sellable on the GTN or tradeable.

That creates a marketplace, instantly makes all crew skills valued, and keeps players from min-maxing their crafts. Period.

"But it just means players with creds can buy the best gear!" They can do that now, they just have to grind a few hours to level up crew skills first, don't they? Cut out the middle-man.

Hmmm I could see this. My only concern is that if crafting had no benefit beyond credits (as you could simply pay other crafters for their best items), then crafting would be 100% optional. A lot less people would craft, so many less that it might hurt the economy far more than this would help. A lot of people try their hand at crafting/selling to recoup losses on making their BoP gear, without those there would be EVEN MORE holes in the market than there are now due to fewer crafters. It might eventually balance out, with people seeing the holes/their own market flooding, and adjust accordingly for profit... with the increase in sales stimulating the economy enough to actually make said credits worthwhile... which might encourage more to craft...

Its a lot of "what ifs" that are contingent on one another, and far from as certain as you seem to think. I'm just bitter at how half-assed (hell... quarter assed at best) crafting is in this game, and would be willing to try it out. Couldn't be much worse than things are now.

So you're making like 400k from TH and archaeology then losing 200k from artificing? Because that's what I'm reading here.

Actually I don't make any money off TH or archaeology. Not that I couldn't, i just use the mats for artifice. All my profits come from artifice I just meant for every 400k i sell 200k was spent on missions or mission recipes or just mats I was short on at any given time. I make way more than I can generate mats for with one character so I do buy when I can find stuff cheap

I've seen those same relics drop from the Infernal Council fight, so's you know. I crafted the artifice power relic and I only use it on fights with distinct burn phases. All other times I have a damage proc relic from KP.

You do realise that the 'same' rakata relic that drops from the HM's doesnt have the augment slot that can be crit-crafted in it yeh?

No, you've missed the point as well.

There should BE NO BoP crafting items.

Everything a crafter can make should be sellable on the GTN or tradeable.

That creates a marketplace, instantly makes all crew skills valued, and keeps players from min-maxing their crafts. Period.

"But it just means players with creds can buy the best gear!" They can do that now, they just have to grind a few hours to level up crew skills first, don't they? Cut out the middle-man.

Completely agree with the removal of all BoP crafting items, its completely nonsensical.

Hmmm I could see this. My only concern is that if crafting had no benefit beyond credits (as you could simply pay other crafters for their best items), then crafting would be 100% optional. A lot less people would craft, so many less that it might hurt the economy far more than this would help. A lot of people try their hand at crafting/selling to recoup losses on making their BoP gear, without those there would be EVEN MORE holes in the market than there are now due to fewer crafters. It might eventually balance out, with people seeing the holes/their own market flooding, and adjust accordingly for profit... with the increase in sales stimulating the economy enough to actually make said credits worthwhile... which might encourage more to craft...

Its a lot of "what ifs" that are contingent on one another, and far from as certain as you seem to think. I'm just bitter at how half-assed (hell... quarter assed at best) crafting is in this game, and would be willing to try it out. Couldn't be much worse than things are now.

Crafting *is* 100% optional. You can get gear in raids that does better than anything you can craft, no?

• 2 weeks later...
Artifice is not crap at all... you are just doing it wrong...

With artifice I sell 400k in Enhancements daily.

I am capable of crafting for myself the best Relics in the game (even better then Nightmare mode Ops)

I can create the best lightsaber outside of Nightmare mode ops because it can crit an augment slot, and once they allow us to pull the mods out of ops gear it will be even better then the ops ones.

I can create Offhands equal to the Columi offhands which are great for people just getting into ops.

I can create one of the best Color crystals and in a color that is unique to artifice.

So yeah... you are jut doing it wrong I guess... Don't know what else to tell you.

Yeah, but still, I have never seend a schematic for Artifice drop, that is the real issue! That is just plain wrong! Hopefully patch 1.2 takes care of that...

• 10 months later...
Yeah, but still, I have never seend a schematic for Artifice drop, that is the real issue! That is just plain wrong! Hopefully patch 1.2 takes care of that...

RUN SM HM KP/EV more, I have seen a lot of Boe Schematic drop in both raids, they may not be high end Schematic , but are BOE 24 Schematic and do drop in those raids ... beyond any thing above 24s they have to the Red :)) ... oyea but 25s they are only drops as the modes armor etc and can not be red ... for a Schematic..