/Say is useless in this game.

Zeukin

OK so the /say command is useless at the moment , anything I would say would get drowned by the general chat , it would be better if what you wrote in /say would show up on top of your guys head like it would in WoW, or something similar.

It's not useless, it's merely situational.

This just in, talking in an MMO is situational :rolleyes:

Chat Bubbles is just another BASIC feature of an MMO that SWTOR decided to launch without. That includes but is not limited to:

-Combat log

-UI Customization

-Rewards for open world PVP

OK so the /say command is useless at the moment , anything I would say would get drowned by the general chat , it would be better if what you wrote in /say would show up on top of your guys head like it would in WoW, or something similar.

I actually happen to agree. I liked that aspect of their chat system. I wouldn't call SW system broken, but I would like to see chat bubbles make a comeback...

This just in, talking in an MMO is situational :rolleyes:

Chat Bubbles is just another BASIC feature of an MMO that SWTOR decided to launch without. That includes but is not limited to:

-Combat log

-UI Customization

-Rewards for open world PVP

If you want to take things out of context; breathing is situational too. The topic was about using the chat features, which makes the use of /say situational, since you won't talk in say to somebody on another planet, at least I hope you did not try so.

Having the "basics" you speak of, aren't a requirement to be a mmorpg, as such they are extra features; though I agree I would appreciate having them, it doesn't change the fact, it's not mandatory.

Given that you can make a new tab, and block everything but /say...how is it useless again? Oh, wait....it's not.

It defiantly doesn't hurt the game or how I feel about the game at all. But it would be great to have chat bubbles, when you questing and you meet a fellow player it is way easier to realize they said something to me with a chat bubble. maybe thats just me though....