Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is Live!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curious, does BW only respond to post in the general discussions? I have been posting bout Commandos under class discussions for awhile now so I'll give it a chance here. 1.4 changes were not enough for the Commando. I have a 50 Vanguard in battlemaster that outdamages my Commando in full War Hero completely aug'd. (Both are assault spec'd) The big difference between the two that I have noticed is that my Vanguard procs HIB far more often than my Commando. Why is this? The reason lies with charged bolts. A Vanguard has both Ion pulse and stockstrike to proc HIB. Both of these are instant. Whereas the Commando has a channeled (full-auto) and charged bolts which has a 2 second cast time. Charged bolts usually gets interrupted for one and for two IT TAKES 2 SECONDS. The worst part about it is more than half the time it doesn't even proc HIB after waiting those 2 seconds. I think Commandos need an instant ability as a secondary to proc HIB to balance the class. Please BW, hear us Commandos out. Or if you don't believe the players, have a tester tell you the same thing because I have been playing this class for awhile and I'm telling you this needs to happen.

Wait wait wait... I'm confused

Where are the Cathars?

PS - REPLY TO THE WALL OF TEXT ABOVE ME

Curious, does BW only respond to post in the general discussions? I have been posting bout Commandos under class discussions for awhile now so I'll give it a chance here. 1.4 changes were not enough for the Commando. I have a 50 Vanguard in battlemaster that outdamages my Commando in full War Hero completely aug'd. (Both are assault spec'd) The big difference between the two that I have noticed is that my Vanguard procs HIB far more often than my Commando. Why is this? The reason lies with charged bolts. A Vanguard has both Ion pulse and stockstrike to proc HIB. Both of these are instant. Whereas the Commando has a channeled (full-auto) and charged bolts which has a 2 second cast time. Charged bolts usually gets interrupted for one and for two IT TAKES 2 SECONDS. The worst part about it is more than half the time it doesn't even proc HIB after waiting those 2 seconds. I think Commandos need an instant ability as a secondary to proc HIB to balance the class. Please BW, hear us Commandos out. Or if you don't believe the players, have a tester tell you the same thing because I have been playing this class for awhile and I'm telling you this needs to happen.

Think you forgot that commandos can fight at 30m range. Where Vanguards have to fight 10m

Edited by Devera

It does work, you just have to de-select it, then select it again.

The whole game doesnt work for meee ty starwars for deleting my statements yesterday i thought they were not harsh at all but this morning it still stops at eighty three percent keep in mind this is not the only place we can post complaints and i posted multiple time and still no response i love this game bio ware no complaint but unless this is fixed soon youll have a customer whos unsatisfied.......... if that mean ne thing to you....:rak_02:

The whole game doesnt work for meee ty starwars for deleting my statements yesterday i thought they were not harsh at all but this morning it still stops at eighty three percent keep in mind this is not the only place we can post complaints and i posted multiple time and still no response i love this game bio ware no complaint but unless this is fixed soon youll have a customer whos unsatisfied.......... if that mean ne thing to you....:rak_02:

I don't think Bioware or the SWTOR community would lose much sleep over you being unsatisfied and leaving. I know for a fact that the only impact this post has made on me is making me want to mourn the loss of grammar in English language.

I don't think Bioware or the SWTOR community would lose much sleep over you being unsatisfied and leaving. I know for a fact that the only impact this post has made on me is making me want to mourn the loss of grammar in English language.
well that your opinion and as for my english nd grammar o welll

well that your opinion and as for my english nd grammar o welll
Im assuming your some leader in the game correct I didn't know you speak for the whole community hmm f this place what an fn waste of my money.... have your two months star wars blah.. cant play

dramatic loss of FPS compared to yesterday

This^^

It's even terrible on your ship. Which is usually the smoothest place in the whole game.

Also, I've said this before, but it bears repeating. Force Wave and Overload look awful, and changing them probably hasn't helped anyone, even the PvP'ers.

Bioware please put those two abilities back the way the were and let's just not touch them again no matter how many people complain about getting knocked off of something in PvP gameplay. They just need to deal with it.

And I agree also with whoever it was that said the stun range is too short. But only by a little. Maybe a couple meters more.

Edited by QuiDonJorn
adding/fixing/typo

Since I have the new patch the game has lowered my graphic performance, i really don´t know much about this but before i download the patch it was faster, the game is not working as before! byee!

Same as me. Performance has significantly lowered. Also agree with the stun range is now too short, kinda messed up my Inquisitor strategy. Anyway, I like that companions look great now (Even if it isn't working on a few of mine!) but I was hoping Dread Guard armour would look cooler...

Now we can A) Either look like people dressed in robes covered in fish hooks (Dread Guard,) or B) For Inquisitors PVP Armour, look like overgrown sea monsters....funny the lower level gear looks 10X better than the endgame stuff.

Game Update 1.4: Terror From Beyond is now live in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ ! This Game Update brings some exciting new content to The Old Republic™ including:

Operation: Terror From Beyond will take you to the remote world of Asation where the mysterious Sith Lords known as the Dread Masters have found a way to unlock the ancient Gree Hypergate, opening a door to an unknown place and an unspeakable horror that now threatens the entire galaxy. It will be your mission to close the portal before it’s too late and to destroy whatever gets through.

Read More

Thanks for destroying a great game with a terrible new resolve system, Big thumbs down BW you suck!

I am sadly upset in what has come to pass. This game is an amazing game I just wish they would listen to what the fans want. Last i checked we helped them get their paychecks by subbing to the game so we could enjoy it more. I will more than likely quit this game and go back to play WoW due to the fact they listen to the players, and if I pay for something i would like to be heard every once in a while like the opinion of the community counts. Take a poll to see what the community wants new in the game. These are basic ideas that i hope they take from this rant of mine. I will stay posted to changes in the game but I as of now am going back to Azeroth. See you in the battle my friends.

New to SW TOR and the game has played great until 1.4. My first real MMO. The game now with 1.4 is unplayable. The stuttering makes my eyes melt. As a new guy this doesn't look too good. Roll Back or Fix the patch please guys. The game is dying as it is. It doesn't need more issues to turn paying customers away. Also going to FTP soon good idea but fix the poor game please.

Here's something that confuses me:

When the patch first released I experienced none of the bugs people were reporting:

Then on September 30th I experienced them all - pink screen, game autoexitting, launcher wouldn't let me play.

Then October 1st, 2nd and 3rd not a single bug.

Can someone with IT knowledge explain why the patch went - not bugged, bugged, not bugged?

P.S: If it helps I have stock Dell Vostro 3750.

It was an excellent choice of a name for the update.

Now with that said roll it back and throw it away. Thanks.

Why?

This game is not FTP yet (I am paying) and I haven't been able to play since the patch hit.

^This. :mad:

every since the 1.4 update i have had to alt tab out and overide shut down the game to quit the game without my pc black screening my pc is an alienware M11x r3 with an nvidia geforce gt 540 graphics card got plenty of power to run this game without issues , played various mmo's with the multiple instance , the instances on this game as far as i know are just random log in log out see which instance your in , the previous mmo's i played you were able to choose which instance you wanted to go to after choosing which character you want to log in and play , I stopped playing my marauder due to the stunning in the wz's they kept me stunned the entire match which is totally wrong and also means the game is unbalanced in that aspect