New Ability Bar Cooldown effect

Sammojo

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just talking with a GM regarding the issue as the flashing lights have been giving me a headache.

The current suggested fix for the issue is too play without the UI showing you can do this by pressing Ctrl+U hope that helps and may the force be with you :D

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/mort316x/gm1.png

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx135/mort316x/gm2.png

The chat helped me out now I cant see anything but there's no flashing hotbar at least, the GM has sent my feedback on, hopefully we will get a fix soon!

I laughed till I started to choke. I made the mistake of picturing myself trying to heal in pvp without my ops frames going. The point to moving all over in pvp is to be harder to hit and click target, so I'd have to cycle through everybody with ctrl+tab. I don't know why I found this funny but I did. Just felt like sharing I guess. lol Nice solution Mr. GM!

I'm having massive issues with the new visuals. I've played mmo's for years and any decent player is always chaining their abilities, meaning my entire bar is always darkened due to something always being on the GCD. The easiest solution for this in my opinion would be the great big white bar staying around to show the time left on the GCD, but NOT blacking out the abilities for a GCD, only for something on a CD. I really hope this is fixed very quickly, because as previous viewers have stated I don't even have any idea beforehand if I have the resources to use my move anymore, it's just one solid dark bar.

The new indicator for GCD with the flashy stuff needs to go now.

AS IN SHUT DOWN THE SERVERS ROLL BACK THE PATCH AND GO BACK TO THE OLD NOW !!!!!

Reasoning: my son is Epileptic (controlled by meds normally) but this morning he tried to play a little SWTOR and guess what HE HAD A *********** SEIZURE YOU DUMB ******ES.

Fix now!!!!

Sorry? The area of the flashing is very small.

Compare it to most AoE effect it is ridiculous.

They've chucked the baby out with the bathwater. This new system is too much - pretty, I'll give it that, but too much.

The animations effectively obscures which abilities I have available when the global cooldown is complete. I appreciate the effort, but this you can tell this is a bad idea, because it's really obviously a bad idea.

Logged in this morning, had no idea. After an hour I started getting sick to my stomach from looking at my skill-bar. I actually had to stop playing! In all honesty, who comes up with this stuff? And who in their right mind actually approves it?

Really, I have no idea what skill is usable and when. All the flashing just makes me nauseous. I don't need my "Sprint" icon or any other icon flashing like a strobe-light to remind me I can't use it, OK?

I laughed till I started to choke. I made the mistake of picturing myself trying to heal in pvp without my ops frames going. The point to moving all over in pvp is to be harder to hit and click target, so I'd have to cycle through everybody with ctrl+tab. I don't know why I found this funny but I did. Just felt like sharing I guess. lol Nice solution Mr. GM!

LMFAO. I really hope the GM was trolling. That's pretty funny.

That flashing gives me a head ache in minutes. Seriously, there is so much for them to fix. But don't fix if in ain't broken. The original was good. Second one, I did not get whats on cooldown. This one, I still dont get whats on cooldown, and that silly flashing is making my head hurt and is VERY uncunfortable to look at.

At first it didn't sound too bad (from the explanations on the forums). But I went home for lunch and tested it out to see what it's actually like.

YUCK

I don't mind the flash at all - but now my abilities aren't highlighting properly (randomly at times). Everything looks greyed out even if I have the resources to use them. This only happens AFTER my first GCD usage while in combat. Once combat ends it all returns to normal.

im not one to complain normally but this is unplayable for me as a vengance jugg, my ability bar is always flashing non stop i cat tell what is ready! this is just terrible! i nad no problems with the ability bar before.

you a doctor? i never get sick from games or motion. the new ui change makes me dizzy and gives me a headache. i do not have epilepsy, i cant imagine what its like for someone who does have that condition.

Pitching in my 2 cents to keep this thread at the top.

With hotbars on 3 sides of the screen this is just plain bad design. Birghtness and flashing have to be either player adjustable, mutable, or turned down but don't leave this monstrosity in place.

That is too hilarious. xD

Thank you for quoting that, I would have missed it.

Strobe effects can cause seizures in people. No game maker should EVER INTENTIONALY PUT STROBE EFFECTS INTO THEIR GAME. The flashing bar is a strobe effect people must be able to turn it off.

I like swtor but I'm beginning to think bioware are a bunch of clowns.

Hi folks,

Thanks very much for the feedback on this. We've sent this up internally to investigate and we will update as soon as we have more information for you. Thank you for your patience.

There you go. Some poor messenger is probably running to the TOR team screaming "OMG YOUR GAME IS GIVING PEOPLE SEIZURES!" - They'll probably fix/change/revert it soon.