A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

1) I have full set of Denova 63 gear.

2) My gear condition got to yellow.

3) I repaired.

4) It cost me 22 000 credits.

Explain.

My guess is that the shell actually matters more than anything else.

I was wearing adaptive legacy gear (originally level 1).

Point.

:rak_02:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3) I repaired.

Explain.

Point.

I am in mostly bh with some 63 in the mix got my gear down to yellow the other day 73k I'm using full revan set. but what is funny is that over 1000 post and 106 pages and bw has replied 1 time.

3) I repaired.

Explain.

Point.

From reading this thread it seems that part of the repair cost is being calculated on the "base value" of the gear. You are wearing the Legacy gear which is some of the MOST expensive gear in the game. That is why your repair cost is so high. (I think...)

From reading this thread it seems that part of the repair cost is being calculated on the "base value" of the gear. You are wearing the Legacy gear which is some of the MOST expensive gear in the game. That is why your repair cost is so high. (I think...)

On the contrary, the cost was just ordinary. And no, this was not legacy gear from vendors, but Binds on Legacy Sand people gear. Value of those items is unknown to me, but I am guessing the shell is the issue here, or some bug related to it. It would be pretty stupid from Bioware to punish people with DG shells for an example. :o

Revert this freaking repair cost , honestly when my FP runs brings in less money then the repair cost .

It is getting ridiculous , to even run FP other then the mandatory 1 per day .

Now I don't know what the idea was , but tanking repairs are trough the roof .

Seriously lets scrap the MMO part shall we , cause interaction team work is now being threatened .

The shortage of tanks even more obvious , yeah lets go do dailies to do what ?

Waste more money on repairing for coders ERROR ?

PUT BACK THE REPAIR cost , maybe Some idiots never heard the saying !

DONT FIX WHAT IS NOT BROKEN , BUT FIX WHAT IS BROKEN !!

Guess EA policy probaly never heard that before , can. You guys break the game more ?

To all the complainers,

You guys have yet again impressed me with you're stupidity. Have any one of you actually played the game at launch? Are you even paid subs?

I find this stance rather arrogant. I think it is counterproductive to dismiss these complaints as petty and entitled. Even less productive are attacks on our intellect. I have a lot of respect for BW and I think they made a quality game. But the type of game-play it is demanding (more so with this change) is not fun for me. That's not your problem, and maybe no one cares. That's perfectly fine. Heck maybe I am just not playing the game "correctly". But my time is valuable to me, so if it stops being enjoyable, why pay to do it?

I can't vouch for anybody's numbers here, but it is clear that they find the game less enjoyable now. I personally saw my repair bill increase from around 5k after three deaths to over 30k. But the exact numbers don't really matter. What does is the game now demands more of an activity that I do not find to be fun at all (personally)- credit grinding.

I did not play the game at launch. But what does that matter? I never even played another mmo. But again, not important. I steered clear of them because they weren't interesting to me. But, trying swtor and despite myself, I actually had fun. I am a first-time subscriber- currently have a thirty something sentinel. In a couple weeks, I probably won't be- but we'll see. What matters is I find myself enjoying the game less. I don't even really want to make a statement, except explain myself and my reasons for (perhaps) not renewing a subscription.

Ok after reading many threads last 24h i think Bioware made huge mistake with repair cost calculations.

Why should repair take into account of shells at all? I understand artifact and lower quality armors that ARE NOT modable. Those need whole diferent repair calculations depending level and value of armors. But with ANY orange gear or artifact gear WITH slots should ONLY calculate repair cost based on mods levels. No one would run around with naked armor shells anyway.

Im shocked Bioware did opposite and instead shell has repair cost calculation not mods in it therefor patch notes are incorrect and wrong or they totally made mistake and didnt even notice or test it...

Edited by Divona

Quote: Originally Posted by Zipacnaa

Wow. I mean just .. Wow.

I cannot believe those that defend this price increase. Pointing out that something was worse 10 months ago does not mean it's ok for them to "fix" the repair costs now. The game had finally caught momentum again, then this...

I think you are missing the point, the price of repairs was higher back then, but it did not stop us raiding. We still had wipes.

The Price had gone down as well, but even when the price was at it's highest, we still raided.

We even had worse gear back then so had more chance of a wipe!

I'm also a casual player, only on for a few hours a week. I enjoy the social aspect of the game and the raids and a little bit of PVP, but I still seem to have enough to cover my wipe expenses.

I've had 6 deaths this week I've not bothered keeping track of the cost. If I can't repair one day I'll go do something that gets me cash to repair, simple as.

The cost of repairs being quoted in this thread do not appear excessive to me, there should always be a penalty to a wipe or there is no danger involved in going into an OP or FP!

Quote: Originally Posted by Zipacnaa

Wow. I mean just .. Wow.

I cannot believe those that defend this price increase. Pointing out that something was worse 10 months ago does not mean it's ok for them to "fix" the repair costs now. The game had finally caught momentum again, then this...

I think you are missing the point, the price of repairs was higher back then, but it did not stop us raiding. We still had wipes.

The Price had gone down as well, but even when the price was at it's highest, we still raided.

We even had worse gear back then so had more chance of a wipe!

I'm also a casual player, only on for a few hours a week. I enjoy the social aspect of the game and the raids and a little bit of PVP, but I still seem to have enough to cover my wipe expenses.

I've had 6 deaths this week I've not bothered keeping track of the cost. If I can't repair one day I'll go do something that gets me cash to repair, simple as.

The cost of repairs being quoted in this thread do not appear excessive to me, there should always be a penalty to a wipe or there is no danger involved in going into an OP or FP!

Good then you can que up all day as tank and play with the new people, and teach them the instance !

Bet after a week you are dead broke !

Wait or is this garbage crap coming from somebody ego , who says it is ok higher repair cost but alt F4 when things go bad .

Sorry totally irrelevant , the game suppose to be fun , not grind city for mental people .

Who do not see what is beter for the community , but only think what is beter for them !

Sorry totally irrelevant , the game suppose to be fun , not grind city for mental people .

Who do not see what is better for the community , but only think what is better for them !

You do not know what a grind is my friend. EQ was a grind. FFXI is a grind. You have no idea how much easier SWTOR is in comparison. Tell you what, level to 75 in FFXI and then tell me SWTOR is a grind m'kay?

You do not know what a grind is my friend. EQ was a grind. FFXI is a grind. You have no idea how much easier SWTOR is in comparison. Tell you what, level to 75 in FFXI and then tell me SWTOR is a grind m'kay?

GO play that then go back to MMO with 20k people stop turning modern day consumer market into small fish fries .

Yeah you understand big amount of money invested is not for you to play small time MMO .

Be uptodate adapt to the casual market or see this game dissapear in 2 years time !

That is the enterprise way .

Any more EQ comparison the other way please !

I would just like to say two things kill me cost wise. Repairs, and moving my mods around. Custom gear was one of the BEST things swtor ever did. Lets me get a cool look I want. The cost of moving 58 or above mods around, that are purple, is insane. I recently leveled a second trooper to 50, and all the reasons why I hate leveling alts in this game came right back. At end game too many missions are filled with elites and pair up multiple strong npcs right next to each other. The result is allot of deaths. The result after that is enormous cost via repairs. Example the Illum quests crystal ball. Has you going into caves, that SHOULD be marked heroics. The first cave every strong npc spawns a add npc. I thought that was for bosses only lol. Result Didn't see it coming resulted in deaths. Then I got to the middle of the cave 2 strongs side by side with one regular npc, and a strong that spawns another npc. I just decided to run through it get the objective and get out at that point. It was not worth the frustration. Second cave I went into filled with elites, had to do the same thing again. Result lots of incaps. Repair cost 13k. This was not even a flash point or a ops. I do not want to imagine what the cost would be with 61 mods. Edited by CrazyOldMystic

SWTOR might be easier in comparison to other games, but it doesn't mean that grinding dailies is suddenly not a grind anymore. the whole attractiveness of SWTOR was in it not being grindy.. so we're making it more grindy... why exactly?

cooking example. i can make fluffy smooth cupcake frosting from scratch, by beating it with a fork. i used to do it that way, prior to getting a standup mixer. it took much longer and my wrist would be killing me by the time I was done, but frosting was delicious and it really was my only option if I wanted the taste. but as soon as I could - I got a standup mixer and now I just throw all ingredients into a bowl, press on button and walk away while it does the work for me. same taste, less effort. I still need to know which ingredients to use in what proportion, all it did was remove the manual labor.

suddenly I'm told I can no longer just dump ingredients into a bowl, I was having it too easy or something. I have to mix them with a little cheap handheld mixer instead, that is not nearly as powerful and that I cannot just turn on and do something else while it works, because I have to hold it in my hands, hold the bowl and swirl it around to make sure I get everything stirred properly. I mean sure - its still easier and faster then mixing frosting with a fork. but its also STILL unnecessary effort that has no point. it doesn't make the frosting taste any better. all it does is waste extra time I could have used to slice some fruit etc. not as much as doing it with a fork, but certainly more then letting the mixer work for me.

just because something else was even worse, doesn't make current situation somehow good. all it does is show that yeah, could be worse. but its still NOT good or fun.

GO play that then go back to MMO with 20k people stop turning modern day consumer market into small fish fries .

Yeah you understand big amount of money invested is not for you to play small time MMO .

Be up to date, adapt to the casual market or see this game disappear in 2 years time !

That is the enterprise way .

Any more EQ comparison the other way please !(Okay, you'll have to clarify that sentence)

EQ and EQ2 actually have about 200k players combined, so I don't know where you pulled that number from.

I take issue with you calling SWTOR "grind city' because compared to many of it's competitors it's relatively grind free. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you've never played UO, EQ, EQ2, Linage, Lineage 2.

Heck even GW2 has a grind (farming Explorable's for vanity gear tokens).

You're looking at the issue the wrong way.

It's not a grind, it's a penalty (I do not support the penalty).

Now I will argue that SWTOR isn't grindy until the cows come home because aside from Valour 100 or Legacy 50 I can't think of anything I would call a "grind."

Grind city? If you're F2P then yes, if you're subbed heck no.

Edited by AshlaBoga

Good then you can que up all day as tank and play with the new people, and teach them the instance !

Bet after a week you are dead broke !

Wait or is this garbage crap coming from somebody ego , who says it is ok higher repair cost but alt F4 when things go bad .

Who do not see what is beter for the community , but only think what is beter for them !

The game is Fun, I fail to see the difference between running the same OP everyday to Running a few Heroics everyday, if you are so OP maybe if you helped a few of your gaming friends in these Heroics you might have a some Creds and you never know you might enjoy the experience.

I personally don't believe things should be easy, without a penalty there is no risk, so no incentive to learn tactics understand team work. It just turns into I hope we get it right this time I'm bored of running backwards and forwards.

I often do pug groups and will patiently explain Boss Mechanics to others and endure the wipes that happen, I never have many Creds I think my Healer has 300k at present. When I run out of creds I'll go find a some people to do some Heroics on the dailes, once in a group it doesn't take much to convince the group to run through all the other Heroic Dailies. I find this content fun, it's different from the OPs which are more intense agreed, but they are still fun, I don't consider this a grind!

I think this is more of a mindset issue, if you think anything other than a raid is a grind then you will hate any obstacle to doing a raid, if you play to have fun and enjoy yourself, then you will not care about a little extra incentive to avoid death.

Yes, I'm a huge Star Wars Fan, I love running around swinging a light saber, paying for dying is not going to stop me doing this :)

EQ and EQ2 actually have about 200k players combined, so I don't know where you pulled that number from.

I take issue with you calling SWTOR "grind city' because compared to many of it's competitors it's relatively grind free. I'm going to go out on a limb here and assume you've never played UO, EQ, EQ2, Linage, Lineage 2.

Heck even GW2 has a grind (farming Explorable's for vanity gear tokens).

You're looking at the issue the wrong way.

It's not a grind, it's a penalty.

Now I will argue that SWTOR isn't grindy until the cows come home because aside from Valour 100 or Legacy 50 I can't think of anything I would call a "grind."

Grind city? If you're F2P then yes, if you're subbed heck no.

Then you go unsub and grind and pay the expensive repair cost , solution solved !

I will stay subbed and pay the cheaper cost ! M' Okay , 200k people are there still 200k people playing?

Maybe if you care to be uptodate , maybe if you really want to play those grind go back then and play it .

Gee it is always those people I want this I want that of old times , well sorry time has changed and there is no turning back the clock, accept it or see the game become a ghost town again.

With EA it is simple not enough profit made to validate the cost , bye bye SWTOR !

This repair cost will not do , and stop derailing the topic with other games that are not that successfull !

Lets compare with WoW shall we or Rift , I don't care about GW2 cause it Is all hype and no fun !

Edited by Drake_Hound

I thought that it would be useful to check the repair costs for 'normal' play.

I'm level 30 Sniper on Tat.

I repair to zero my costs.

I go out and fight 11 mobs 2 levels below me, neither myself nor my companion die. INo Elites involved).

I repair again - the cost 1,720 creds; more than I earned from the kills.

I know - that's not a lot of money but, surely, given the circumstances that's disproportionate.

The game is Fun, I fail to see the difference between running the same OP everyday to Running a few Heroics everyday, if you are so OP maybe if you helped a few of your gaming friends in these Heroics you might have a some Creds and you never know you might enjoy the experience.

I personally don't believe things should be easy, without a penalty there is no risk, so no incentive to learn tactics understand team work. It just turns into I hope we get it right this time I'm bored of running backwards and forwards.

I often do pug groups and will patiently explain Boss Mechanics to others and endure the wipes that happen, I never have many Creds I think my Healer has 300k at present. When I run out of creds I'll go find a some people to do some Heroics on the dailes, once in a group it doesn't take much to convince the group to run through all the other Heroic Dailies. I find this content fun, it's different from the OPs which are more intense agreed, but they are still fun, I don't consider this a grind!

I think this is more of a mindset issue, if you think anything other than a raid is a grind then you will hate any obstacle to doing a raid, if you play to have fun and enjoy yourself, then you will not care about a little extra incentive to avoid death.

Yes, I'm a huge Star Wars Fan, I love running around swinging a light saber, paying for dying is not going to stop me doing this :)

Good mindset and fun and teaching others the ropes of a game should be punished ?

With higher repair cost ? Are you machoist ?

Yeah right I play mmo to interact with others , not to grind away on boring dailies ... Once Gree etc stuff polish runs out ... It is the same old story again .

Since modernday consumer eats up content faster then developers can deliver ..

What good is a mmo when there are less people around to do your stuff with ?

Wait EA run policy under 500k sub , we are thinking of shutting down !

So all you say is behelpfull get punished by higher repair cost , be selfishe play the GTN without interaction !

hurray get rewarded with fast cash , no way people are running 3 hour instance .

Now if you love star wars , then you want more people playing not less .

Repair cost and daily grind get people bored the fastest way off a mmo .

Drowning in repair costs doesn't make the game challenging. Or fun.

Equation: when people have extra credits they're willing to spend more on the GTN, particularly more for those little cartel items you sell people. When people spend more for Cartel bait on the GTN, then more people buy Cartel Items and put them up for sale on the Cartel Market.

?????

Profit!

Good mindset and fun and teaching others the ropes of a game should be punished ?

With higher repair cost ? Are you machoist ?

Yeah right I play mmo to interact with others , not to grind away on boring dailies ... Once Gree etc stuff polish runs out ... It is the same old story again .

Since modernday consumer eats up content faster then developers can deliver ..

What good is a mmo when there are less people around to do your stuff with ?

Wait EA run policy under 500k sub , we are thinking of shutting down !

So all you say is behelpfull get punished by higher repair cost , be selfishe play the GTN without interaction !

hurray get rewarded with fast cash , no way people are running 3 hour instance .

Now if you love star wars , then you want more people playing not less .

Repair cost and daily grind get people bored the fastest way off a mmo .

I would appear that you do not enjoy the game, if you want a challenge and something fun to do, get an group together and all wear full Green LVL50 gear and do a few Heroics! It will be fun and probably more challenging than an OP in your full 63 gear.

And at the end of it you can sell the gear to a vendor instead of repairing.

Anything you do in life is what you make of it, they won't as you say produce content as quick as you would like so you have to make as much of what you do have. Only you can make things fun for yourself, if you don't try then no one else is to blame.

For the record I still do not think the repair bills are too high. I admit I would love there not to be any repair bills and I'd like it if it gave me a full set of Dread armour when I hit LVL 50, but at that point I have no incentive to do anything!

I would appear that you do not enjoy the game, if you want a challenge and something fun to do, get an group together and all wear full Green LVL50 gear and do a few Heroics! It will be fun and probably more challenging than an OP in your full 63 gear.

And at the end of it you can sell the gear to a vendor instead of repairing.

Anything you do in life is what you make of it, they won't as you say produce content as quick as you would like so you have to make as much of what you do have. Only you can make things fun for yourself, if you don't try then no one else is to blame.

For the record I still do not think the repair bills are too high. I admit I would love there not to be any repair bills and I'd like it if it gave me a full set of Dread armour when I hit LVL 50, but at that point I have no incentive to do anything!

Maybe you want to go make your own challenges yes ...

i want my old repair cost that has been proven and tested !

Not some new garbage challenge , when you hit level 50 and worked your way to dread armour !

then you can speak , if not then play your own green repair challenge first .

A mmo is about upgrades seeing time spent worthwhile , increase in power not decrease in power !

Same thing applies to funds , sure some repair cost are in order, but not the steep one that is currently in place .

And defietly not the bugged shell cost , that forces people to find the cheapest shell and put mods in them !

loses again that unique indentity .

now if you cared to do research instead of talking out of your own head !

then you would have understand by now that not all repair cost are equal !

And like everything else everybody repair cost should be equal !

Not based on what shell that coders have no idea about and lied to us .

So revert to the old repair cost that was equal for all, and start programming new repair cost that is equal to all !

now done talking with people , who have no clue of the game they are playing !

but write nice stuff without meaning . Basically crap as usual

The game is Fun, I fail to see the difference between running the same OP everyday to Running a few Heroics everyday

OP : locked for SEVEN DAYS.

Dailies : locked for ONE DAY.

OP : you need 7-15 folks with you.

Dailies : you need to find 2 folks for ONE QUEST (3/4 if you're not overgeared).

OP : not down within the first days for a vast majority of payers.

Dailies : done after your first try, within hurs.

Running the same old OP cleared 20 times is boring, but who cleared Denova NiM 20 times already ? You'd need several atls and a really good guilde.

Ok, let's put the HARDCORE mode : when you die, your char is deleted. What, you don't like it ? But "I personally don't believe things should be easy, without a penalty there is no risk, so no incentive to learn tactics understand team work."

We are REALLY happy for you that you find your way of playing. You're just saying "I like to grind, so I don't mind to pay more for repairs, suck to be you if you don't". Thank you for this useless comment about your life.

You probably never tried Denova NiM and never downed that raid. Thank you for that another useless comment.

Noone cares ?

Edited by Hovergame