ops groups shouldn't be allowed to que for regular wz's.

Sindistical

PVP in this game is hilariously, ridiculously , aggrivatingly imbalanced. I am sick to death of trying to do my pvp daily and weekly and constantly being matched up with the premades. I personally am sick of seeing Conquerors and warlords in full war hero and elitist war hero gear being matched up against batlemasters and recruits. Seriously they need to not allow the premades in there with the players trying to get enough comms for their gear. The warzones are in dire need of some bracketing based on the expertise stat. Real simple if you're experise stat is 1500 or above you have to qued for ranked war zones. Let's face it some players are just so ego driven they lack any real skill and can't win unless they just out gear their opponents pitifully.

1. No ops groups allowed to que for regular war zones. make them que for ranked war zones.

2. Establish 3 brackets of war zones: pre 50, battlemaster: expertise 0-1500, war hero: expertise 1500 and above.

3. Warlords and conquerors can only que for ranked war zones.

Not only will this balance out alot of the war zones but it will also give some players a desperately needed ego check.

Some will say this will cause que times to take longer. But honestly if it gives each side a fair chance at winning then I'll take the longer que time.

PVP in this game is hilariously, ridiculously , aggrivatingly imbalanced. I am sick to death of trying to do my pvp daily and weekly and constantly being matched up with the premades. I personally am sick of seeing Conquerors and warlords in full war hero and elitist war hero gear being matched up against batlemasters and recruits. Seriously they need to not allow the premades in there with the players trying to get enough comms for their gear. The warzones are in dire need of some bracketing based on the expertise stat. Real simple if you're experise stat is 1500 or above you have to qued for ranked war zones. Let's face it some players are just so ego driven they lack any real skill and can't win unless they just out gear their opponents pitifully.

1. No ops groups allowed to que for regular war zones. make them que for ranked war zones.

2. Establish 3 brackets of war zones: pre 50, battlemaster: expertise 0-1500, war hero: expertise 1500 and above.

Not only will this balance out alot of the war zones but it will also give some players a desperately needed ego check.

Some will say this will cause que times to take longer. But honestly if it gives each side a fair chance at winning then I'll take the longer que time.

1. Ops groups can not queue for normal warzones, only 4-man teams. Multiple four man teams within an ops can queue seperately, but that's still 4 man groups queueing, not an Op.

2. I was just playing around with a gear calc, and a full WH with augments and custom expertise bracers/belt is 1390 expertise. Good luck finding enough people with 1500+ expertise. (Also, most "full WH" players are actually a mix of WH and a few PvE mods, hovering around 1200-1300 expertise)

3. No. That would effectively kill the Toon with the current 8 man requirement.

Now lemme see... Find friends, get better, gear up, go read the other 4 threads on this topic, prepare to be flamed and told "L2P" by the meaner pvp'ers. I think that about wraps it up.

So basicly you're saying it's perfectly fair for a team of fresh 50's to be matched up against warlords and conquerors? That's a load of crap. And further more i have seen warlords w/ over 1500 expertise. What do they need to be matched up w/ players less than 1000 expertise? there's no sense in putting the warlords and conquerors against anyone but warlords and conquerors. All i'm saying is there is a serious imbalance in the expertise and gear match ups and it's time bioware get their heads out of their butts and address this issue.

While I dont really agree with your 'fix points', I do agree with the consesus of the thread. Imo, the best fix would probably be with 2 brackets at 50; pre-mades and non-premades. That way, those 4x war hero people who may not be able to field enough for a ranked group, can play at a competitive level, while the full-pug groups dont get completely stomped by 1 / 2 x 4-man premades. I've had a few of these as well, and it aint really a lot of fun when Im gearing up an alt from recruit gear to be matched against some of the best pvpers on the server.

So wrapup:

2 brackets, premade / non-premade would fix a lot of the issues with pvp atm (imo).

*readies buckets of water to put out flames*

So basicly you're saying it's perfectly fair for a team of fresh 50's to be matched up against warlords and conquerors? That's a load of crap. And further more i have seen warlords w/ over 1500 expertise. What do they need to be matched up w/ players less than 1000 expertise? there's no sense in putting the warlords and conquerors against anyone but warlords and conquerors. All i'm saying is there is a serious imbalance in the expertise and gear match ups and it's time bioware get their heads out of their butts and address this issue.

I'm saying that an entire team of fresh 50's is as likely as Jar-Jar Binks becoming Lord of the Sith. 80% of my matches have less than 2 "recruit geared" players. Unless you're purposefully grouping with 3 other recruits, my guess is you're running a mixed bag of recruit, BM, and WH, and the enemy is running about the same.

Okay, just looked it over again, and I'm positive you can't even get above 1390 expertise. I've checked all the mods, and made sure the weapon/offhand both have exp crystals.

Your last suggestion is that anyone who's commited their time to PvP too much is banished to the realm of rated, and must find a minimum of 7 other people before they can queue up, and depending on server/time, possible as much as 16 others. That will kill this game faster than PuG's crying.

no you have not seen anyone with 1500 expertise. Unless they some how hacked in and changed their gears expertise value, but if they did this why only make it 1500. I'd have gone say 150,000 so I could one shot ery'body

So basically me being a warlord and no ranked going on most of the time - youre saing I should be forbidden from pvp? I say that maby if you dont want to spend a really short time getting BM, maby you should stay away from pvp.

Ops groups cant que for regular, they can que 2x4 man teams yes it sucks when both those teams are on the same side in a regular wz but it's not like it happens every 2nd warzone not even every 20 warzones.

1500 expertise and above? You clearly show you have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT, because it's impossible to have that much expertise:D

Finally guess what hero lets say theres a 0-800 expertise bracket, I already see people with 799 expertise with the best PVE gear 2200+main stat 25k+ hp and you QQing even more because you had the most ridiculous idea out there.

Edited by SajPl

1) Ops groups cannot queue for random warzones.

2) You have not seen anyone with 1500 expertise. Max is 1390 (I believe, if not then cllose to).

3) Warlords and Conquerors cannot queue for random PvP? So the guys who enjoy PvP and play a lot are to be banned. Not really constructive. Psst, say it quietly, but valour is really only a measure of playing a lot of warzones, not of playing them well.

4) Alright, splitting warzones by expertise isn't obviously a bad idea. It's still a bad idea, but not self-evidently a bad idea (increased queue times with more brackets; negating progress; expertise stat not the sole indicator of how good a palyer is).

Edited by Wainamoinen

Nah, just implement a tool that makes Premades vs other Premades, fixes the entire problem. And before I get flamed with Premaders saying ''Lolololol noob that would make Premaders have to wait longer times for WZs'' yes, it would. If Premaders wanna Premade then they gonna have to wait the time for a WZ. Much more fairer for us PUGers, not so much for Premaders as they'll get stomped by other Premades much, much more often, but tough luck, that's the price ye gotta pay.

Ofcourse it's highly unlikely this idea will be implemented, but from a PUGers perspective it is a good idea. From a Premader, not so much.

There are so many bizarre assumptions going on in this thread it's mind bottiling

1 - Everyone on the opposite faction is in a premade. Simply not true.

2 - there is never a premade on your team. Also not true.

3 - All premades are full augmented WH. Starting to get real ridiculous now.

4 - That we need another bracket. No we don't. If you are serious about PvP you should have had 3500 rWZ comms and 2000 WZ comms when you hit 50. that is enough to get the WH MH/OH right away. I asked this robot and here the stats for a player geared this way. 1100 Expertise is very competitive for your first day at 50.

5 - People who want to play game based on team work with a team shouldn't be allowed to do so. What the what? If anything this game encourages you to join a group. I suggest you do it. You may make some friends and improve your play.

6 - 1500 expertise, EHL OH EHL. I asked my robot friend again and this are the stats he gave me for the best PvP gear available

There are so many bizarre assumptions going on in this thread it's mind bottiling

1 - Everyone on the opposite faction is in a premade. Simply not true.

2 - there is never a premade on your team. Also not true.

3 - All premades are full augmented WH. Starting to get real ridiculous now.

4 - That we need another bracket. No we don't. If you are serious about PvP you should have had 3500 rWZ comms and 2000 WZ comms when you hit 50. that is enough to get the WH MH/OH right away. I asked this robot and here the stats for a player geared this way. 1100 Expertise is very competitive for your first day at 50.

5 - People who want to play game based on team work with a team shouldn't be allowed to do so. What the what? If anything this game encourages you to join a group. I suggest you do it. You may make some friends and improve your play.

6 - 1500 expertise, EHL OH EHL. I asked my robot friend again and this are the stats he gave me for the best PvP gear available

Well... I appreciate you saving me the typing and possible infraction. :D

This kind of blatant misinformation always makes me rage.

Well... I appreciate you saving me the typing and possible infraction. :D

This kind of blatant misinformation always makes me rage.

I know. Judging ny the amount of people that have "Warfare is the art of deception" as there perhaps everyone is trying to deceive the other faction?

Nope.

I like my 1-2 minute que's. More brackets = longer que times.

Quit complaining and grind the gear so you can take your turn at the top of the totem pole.

I completely agree with you!

I was in this warzone the other day and I ran into this AC from the other faction, and he absolutly destroyed me, so after rezzing I got completely mad and spent the rest of the warzone hunting him down. To my suprise he kept getting lucky and dominating me over and over.

BIOWARE ADDRESS THIS IMBALENCE NOW OR I WILL STOP PAYING FOR THIS GAME!

As has been mentioned ops groups can't queue. What they CAN do is q 2 groups of 4, communicate in vent and decline the q until both groups get a simultaneous pop (though this works better with 2 groups of 3, rather than 2 groups of 4 for whatever reason). I've done that, it's boring for the premade, frustrating for the pug and I agree, it should be prohibited in some way.

What would be better than having expertise-based queues, which would simply be gear-gamed in some way to still allow intentional stomping of recruit pugs, would be to have 4 man ranked brackets. THAT would get teams like this out of the pug bracket.

1. Ops groups can not queue for normal warzones, only 4-man teams. Multiple four man teams within an ops can queue seperately, but that's still 4 man groups queueing, not an Op.

2. I was just playing around with a gear calc, and a full WH with augments and custom expertise bracers/belt is 1390 expertise. Good luck finding enough people with 1500+ expertise. (Also, most "full WH" players are actually a mix of WH and a few PvE mods, hovering around 1200-1300 expertise)

3. No. That would effectively kill the Toon with the current 8 man requirement.

Now lemme see... Find friends, get better, gear up, go read the other 4 threads on this topic, prepare to be flamed and told "L2P" by the meaner pvp'ers. I think that about wraps it up.

This. 1000 times this. I dunno if it's biologically possible but please have my babies.

Nah, just implement a tool that makes Premades vs other Premades, fixes the entire problem. And before I get flamed with Premaders saying ''Lolololol noob that would make Premaders have to wait longer times for WZs'' yes, it would. If Premaders wanna Premade then they gonna have to wait the time for a WZ. Much more fairer for us PUGers, not so much for Premaders as they'll get stomped by other Premades much, much more often, but tough luck, that's the price ye gotta pay.

Ofcourse it's highly unlikely this idea will be implemented, but from a PUGers perspective it is a good idea. From a Premader, not so much.

First off: Fair. You keep using that word. I do not think that word means what you think it means.

Second, the last thing any MMO should do is discourage people from grouping up. That is just contraindicated in pretty much every way possible.

Thirdly, EVERYONE'S queue times would go up.

Second, the last thing any MMO should do is discourage people from grouping up. That is just contraindicated in pretty much every way possible..

The "Solo queue" button is there for a reason.

Allowing PUGS to meet premades is an imbalalance issue that slowly will drive PUGGERS away and discourage new PVP'ers

Edited by Veniras

Allowing PUGS to meet premades is an imbalalance issue that slowly will drive PUGGERS away and discourage new PVP'ers

The reason for the solo que button is to allow people to play the game even if they don't have a group. There's a huge difference between that and actively discouraging people from forming premades.

Just like how you can queue for story mode operations, but that doesn't make them harder if you form a group on your own first.

If someone is discouraged enough by getting rolled that they don't want to solo queue any more, they have two options. Don't PVP any more, or form their own premade. If they make a premade and then still get rolled bad enough to not want to PVP anymore, then that's not an issue of not liking it when you run into a premade, that's not liking it when you run into players that are better than you.

Either way saying "we'll separate the brackets, and those premade teams will just have to suck up the longer queue times if they insist on playing with their friends!" is as stupid as it is shortsighted.

Have BW implement a cross server queue and then I think the suggestion of split brackets has some merit.

Either way saying "we'll separate the brackets, and those premade teams will just have to suck up the longer queue times if they insist on playing with their friends!" is as stupid as it is shortsighted.

Quite the opposite. Not seperating the queues is shortsighted. I'm fairly convinced more ppl solo queue than premading and not sepereating the queues is more detrimental to the pvp playerbase. You will lose more PVP'ers by NOT fixing that imbalance problem.

Having to form a premade just to enjoy PVP should not be a requirement. That is just bad design. And if that was the intention then they would never have put a "solo queue" button.

Edited by Veniras

Quite the opposite. Not seperating the queues is shortsighted. I'm fairly convinced more ppl solo queue than premading and not sepereating the queues is more detrimental to the pvp playerbase. You will lose more PVP'ers by NOT fixing that imbalance problem.

Having to form a premade just to enjoy PVP should not be a requirement. That is just bad design. And if that was the intention then they would never have put a "solo queue" button.

If there are more solo quers than premades then how is it possible that solo quers loose to premades all the time and have to moan and qq about it all that time?

I mean seriously I see a good player in a warzone I ask if he wants to play together, I see a good healer I ask if he wants a dedicated tank.

I'm quing with competent people because I CANT STAND 4 pugs getting ninjacapped by 2 imps.

You are not loosing because forming a 4 man group is an autowin you are loosing because you are ignoring the objectives and outright bad (not meaning anyone specifically).

See a good player - ask to make a group, make a group, there, you just eliminated a baddy from your team by quing with another good player.

When you loose dont blame a premade, blame your team for being bad - it does NOT take a premade to figure out that if mid is empty, maby all the enemies are attacking the side turret.

I have been in some amazingly well coordinated pug groups because people used their brains unlike some horribly bad players that cant grasp that if 7 of them are killing 1 enemy, the rest of the enemy team is capping the other turret.

I usually que with 1-2 other people that is not enough for ranked, we play together, we spend time together, we have fun together. So is quing with 1 other person already a premade autowin ?

Edited by SajPl

Let me preface first by saying I am in no way a great pvper, heck I might not even be average. I sometimes run the hutball the wrong way....but I try my best each match to fill my role in what ever class I'm on.

I'm gonna have to dissagree with your statement. I recently resubbed after being gone for 5 months. I pugged back then and I pug now. I nor anyone I knew back then on The Jekk Jekk tarr unsubbed because of going against premades. We unsubbed because of the complete debacle 1.2 was for pvp in general. So no, that's not really an issue at all as puggers can and do play well together against premades. Ya know, just....take that 5 seconds before the match to speak, call incs, rotate between objectives, mark and focus......so forth and so on.

That adressed, lets move on to the gear part of the premades vs fresh 50's puggers

I left the game shortly after 1.2 so upon my return I had no war hero gear, heck I still some centurion and champ pieces equipped...ahhh the nostalgia..I replaced them with the new recruit stuff so i had a mix of BM and recruit on a sage healer and a vanguard tank. Basically not much better off equipped then someone who just hits 50 and has saved and capped comms. Again I only pug. Wasn't that bad to be honest. Seriously...it's just not that big a difference. Didn't take to long to replace those recruit pieces with BM pieces. Now I have augmented mostly everything. I saw no reason not to. So again....nothing to complain about.

This is an MMO. People have friends they joined with. People make friends in game they enjoy grouping with. Bioware would be insane to tell these people that just because they have good gear,group and talk on vent that they can't participate in normal WZ's. As others have pointed out, you have the option to group up with others and use voice chat. Get raidcall it's free to download,free to use. Set up your own room and invite 3 folks you know!!

We who choose to pug have no right to demand our own solo que.. None.