Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Ok Guys, after patiently waiting to see if this would get better it seems the APAC transfer is a disaster at the moment. I moved from Master Dar'Nala to The Bastion. The lag cycle in the past 10 days make it almost unplayable.

WZ, Fleet or FP all the same

The cycle for me goes something like this:

3 Bars - MS 220 - wait a second !!!

1 Bar - MS 600 - then another second and boom

RED - MS 2000 +

Rinse and repeat - absolute crap !!!

Had full 5 bar connection and under 100 MS on the APAC server.

Will give it another week then will unsubscribe and move on. - Grrr

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

devs,

I log in this morning and I see 40 people on the entire server now (even less assuming the feature didn't bug out like always to show more)...or atleast the imp side anyway(7AM+).

the free transfers are killing anyone who is still on the server and will only get worse as time goes on...

alot of people are staying on the server not becuase of ping but because; bugs with manual transfer, too lazy, have too many toons, no free name change yet, they have friends that wont transfer for the these reasons, etc.

The quicker the forced transfers happen the better imo.

Edited by Waddox

For me, it's not the lag (which yes, is noticeable), but the bugs!

I want my legacy titles back!

I want my achievements fixed!

PLEASE let 2.2.1 fix these things. BW are the ones who shut the APAC servers, they made us transfer and they broke our game! Fixing it for us should be their priority, and instead you get dev comments on how they will fix the warzone button bug.

It's been made super clear that BW don't give a damn about anyone from APAC, but as we're on NA servers now, can't they pretend we're American and give us the first class treatment now? We're not second class citizens because we live in Asia-Pacific!!

PS If you are still on APAC, I *know* the servers are dead, but seriously, DON'T TRANSFER. I wish so much I hadn't. Your game works. Hold onto that and just enjoy the peace and quiet.

Edited by CrazyMcGee

How BW is treating us in regards to the Guild Bank situation is nothing short of fraud! Our guild has 5 tabs, thats 15million credits!

I look at the situation in this manner:

The APAC servers are apartment blocks BW has condemned. We are told we will be moved automatically in 60 days but we can walk out the door at any time. However, as they have stop new residents from coming your business at the apartments collapses and your family is forced to move. As you leave the BW guards come to you and take half your stuff.

• Dev Post
It also affects other Legacy titles, not just Living Legend. I lost my Prolific (Lvl 30) and Dedicated (lvl 20) titles but not the achievements.

I also combined 2 legacies from Master Dar'Nala and Dalborra to Harbinger with disastrous results! All the achievements which I had started but not completed that required xx/XX have all been bumped up with outrageous numbers like 6600/1000 and now they are all broken and not able to be Completed.

I wanted to give an update on the broken titles and achievements issue. These should be fixed with Game Update 2.2.1 next week. Also, after that point if you transfer a character you should not experience these issues.

If you run into any problems with your titles or achievements after 2.2.1, please contact CS.

-eric

I wanted to give an update on the broken titles and achievements issue. These should be fixed with Game Update 2.2.1 next week. Also, after that point if you transfer a character you should not experience these issues.

If you run into any problems with your titles or achievements after 2.2.1, please contact CS.

-eric

Thanks Eric! Appreciate the update and look forward to being able to continue earning Achievements once more.

Just curious how they will be fixed, i believe someone said in an earlier post that they where multiplied by the amount of toons moved are they just going to be divided by the amount of toons moved if so what about all the progress we have made since then or are all achievements that are bugged just going to be reset too 0.

I also deliberately waited, as I was pretty sure there would be bugs. As I'm in no rush at all to move, I'm still feeling like that was the smart thing to do. :)

I think I'll wait a little beyond 2.2.1 too...

Ok Guys, after patiently waiting to see if this would get better it seems the APAC transfer is a disaster at the moment. I moved from Master Dar'Nala to The Bastion. The lag cycle in the past 10 days make it almost unplayable.

WZ, Fleet or FP all the same

The cycle for me goes something like this:

3 Bars - MS 220 - wait a second !!!

1 Bar - MS 600 - then another second and boom

RED - MS 2000 +

Rinse and repeat - absolute crap !!!

Had full 5 bar connection and under 100 MS on the APAC server.

Will give it another week then will unsubscribe and move on. - Grrr

Having the same issue on Harbinger. Sudden lag spikes for no apparent reason, or having it fluctuate like you mentioned.

Playing the "other" game a few years ago, my ping would be similar (@ 220), though it was a lot more stable than I am seeing from these US mega-servers.

Edited by Mjollnir

Just curious how they will be fixed, i believe someone said in an earlier post that they where multiplied by the amount of toons moved are they just going to be divided by the amount of toons moved if so what about all the progress we have made since then or are all achievements that are bugged just going to be reset too 0.

I tried to ask about this in another thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=649881 but I never got an answer.

The questions still remain and surely if BW know they are implementing a fix in 2.2.1, then they know what that fix is?

I previously put the options as:

"A) This is bugged long term/permanently. We got screwed. Give up on achievements.

B) It gets fixed by resetting all our counting achievements. They all go to zero. In which case I don't want to waste time getting the few that work now.

C) A fix is applied to divide every partially completed achievement by the number of toons transferred. Great, bugged achievements are fixed, but we shouldn't waste our time doing anything now until that fix is applied, or we will lose most of our work since transfer.

D) A fix is applied which restores the broken achievements to pre-transfer levels, but doesn't mess with anything that has been achieved since then, so we can work on anything that is not currently broken.

Obviously D would be awesome and I hope that's what you're working on. But if you can give me any indication, I know how much of the achievements system I can use and where I am wasting my time and will be redoing it."

So it's presumably gonna be option B, C or D. Or option E, they break everything worse than before. Anyone else anticipating having killed 0.18 droids?

But I doubt we'll get any information, so might as well wait to log in after Tuesday and see what's fixed/screwed. If everything gets put to 0, I really think I will have to unsub or kill myself!

Plan A would be that they can implement a fix where anything that is above the limit is divided by the number of toons you have. Cross your fingers, cross your toes! Keep ém crossed until Wednesday!

Edited by CrazyMcGee

• Dev Post

Hey guys,

Quick update: There are actually two changes that are going to take place in order to work on fixing your Achievements and titles, and they are not both happening in 2.2.1 unfortunately.

What is happening in Game Update 2.2.1 is a projected fix for your broken Achievements, post-transfer. The titles which are granted from Achievements are still planned to be fixed, but currently slated for 2.2.2.

If after 2.2.1 and subsequently 2.2.2 you have broken Achievements and/or titles please contact CS and they should be able to assist you further.

-eric

Thanks for the update, Eric.

I'm sure some people will be upset that titles are delayed, but I think achievements are the priority because everything we are doing at the moment isn't counting. Titles are more static, so we'd like them back, but it isn't an immediate problem for daily play.

Now if we could get any word on *how* the fix will be implemented as per my previous posts... Guess we'll wait and see on Wednesday after the patch.

Hey guys,

Quick update: There are actually two changes that are going to take place in order to work on fixing your Achievements and titles, and they are not both happening in 2.2.1 unfortunately.

What is happening in Game Update 2.2.1 is a projected fix for your broken Achievements, post-transfer. The titles which are granted from Achievements are still planned to be fixed, but currently slated for 2.2.2.

If after 2.2.1 and subsequently 2.2.2 you have broken Achievements and/or titles please contact CS and they should be able to assist you further.

-eric

Transfers aren't going to be in 2.2.1 either I'm assuming. So I'm missing the second double xp weekend. mkay.

Hey guys,

-eric

How about fixing the lag and an almost unplayable game instead of fixing rubbish like titles...

You have way bigger issues to fix other than char titles.

Okay, so I just went through the yellow posts, and couldn't see the answer to this anywhere...

I have 7 characters on the Harbinger, and 13 on Dalborra.

When the consolidations happen, what happens to my 7 excess characters?

This is the main reason why I haven't transferred any of my characters yet. (Sure, I can delete characters on Harbinger probably, or pay to transfer them off, but I'd like to avoid doing that if at all possible.)

Okay, so I just went through the yellow posts, and couldn't see the answer to this anywhere...

I have 7 characters on the Harbinger, and 13 on Dalborra.

When the consolidations happen, what happens to my 7 excess characters?

This is the main reason why I haven't transferred any of my characters yet. (Sure, I can delete characters on Harbinger probably, or pay to transfer them off, but I'd like to avoid doing that if at all possible.)

If you wait for consolidations, you should get all your toons (20), but you will not be able to make any more until you are down to your usual character limit (12 for subs with no additional character slots purchased).

Hey guys,

-eric

Um, Eric... my titles are back :D Did you guys pull some overtime?

Ok so now that our server is completely dead because everyone transferred off it, can you give us a timeline for the closure and forced merger?

Before you all attack me for not simply moving, I am not transferring as I wish to keep my character names and according to the merger rules my 45 odd days of time played should outweigh the L1 character holding my name on Harbinger. I have moved a couple of my non-main characters, and even though the wait time for a flashpoint has gone up by 30 mins even though the population is 8 times larger in US prime time, I feel now that the decent thing to do is wrap up the forced merger immediately.

Although I was strongly against this server merger and I still hold some reservations, I must admit that things are not as bad as what I had expected, Yes the latency is 4x what I had on Gav Daragon and yes It caused our guild to be effectively disbanded but on the flip side the US people are not online when Australian's are online except for a small 3-4 hour window pvp is popping close to what it was (much faster in that window when the US are online) group finder is still useless so game play has not changed. ultimately game-play has improved the few patches that BioWare/EA have done have fixed a lot of issues.

Ok so now that our server is completely dead because everyone transferred off it, can you give us a timeline for the closure and forced merger?

Yes, I would like to know this too. I'm hanging on on Dalborra, but playing through some content is impossible at the moment, and there's no market to speak of.

I am hanging on because I have 13 characters at the moment, and 7 (or 8?) characters on Harbinger, none of which I want to delete. Which means I can't move characters between servers (well I can, I just won't be able to move them all). Oh not to mention a level 37 legacy on Dalborra vs a level 17 or so on Harbinger - if I transfer characters, do I get the higher legacy, or is that something I need to wait for consolidation for?

ETA: I just got e-mail this morning, apparently the consolidation will take place "in approximately one month".

Edited by Zandilar

I just got e-mail this morning, apparently the consolidation will take place "in approximately one month".

Yup. I got it too. Came here to see if anyone had anything firmer to go on. Guess not.

Also, I'd wait for the forced merge just to make sure you keep all your characters and get the higher legacy on the destination server.

As I understand it; character limits are relaxed in these instances (until you delete a character and lose that slot) and the higher legacy will supersede the lower one.

Edited by scotthomas