do you think with the new update that people are going to come back to SWTOR?

meierme

Well to be honest, after having a nice supper, I was about to edit my post replacing it with a "insert useless rant here" but o well..

Speaking of the gear the issues does not lies in how, as a player, I gear my character but how others and the designers dress what can one see in game.

Anyway, game is somehow fun as long, as you don't consider it to be set in a SW setting.

That is obviously a biased statement.

But I do consider it a SW setting and I don't really care if it is bias or not. This game is the spiritual successor of KOTOR and to me that is Starwarsy. I'm sorry if you do not feel the same but it does to me.

i just came back after about a year of not playing because i now have more time on my hands but when ever i go to a planet theirs only 10-20 people there. i enjoy the game but it makes it really boring if theirs no one to play with. so im just wondering if i should just cut my losses and find a new MMO or stick around and hope for the best.

What server, and what time of day?

Why?

Because if you are going to make sweeping statements like this.. we need some context.

If your are playing on a PvP server at 3:00AM on a weekday... that would be exactly what I would expect you to see. If on the other hand you are playing a PvE server at prime time (for the server locality).. I'ma have to go with ...... "screen shot or it didn't happen" with a possible indictment for trolling-4-drama. :)

As for player base... no single anything is going to bring people "back" per se. A lot of people have already returned to the game.. some multiple times over the last two years. People come and go in MMOs all the time.. including WoW.

Edited by Andryah

This game is the spiritual successor of KOTOR and to me that is Starwarsy.

Well if by spiritual you meant a pale shaded ghost of the former game then I agree.

Otherwise Kotor felt much more SW than this.

What server, and what time of day?

Why?

Because if you are going to make sweeping statements like this.. we need some context.

Right now I am playing on Bergeron Colony, supposedly the most crowded (according to server load at least). There are 17 people on Corellia, and it's 7:35 pm central time.

Yeah, it's a West Coast server, but it's listed as being more crowded than the East Coast server on the server screen

And it's basically like that on every planet past Tatooine. Presumably Makeb is crowded, but for about half the game, it's largely devoid of players.

Edited by trancejeremy

I think it depends strongly on the update. People generally seemed to be really excited about GSF, only to be let down by it's actual design.

The Fool me twice thing.....

I think many folks have an idea of what they require it to be, and if it does not meet that expectation fair or not it will not make an appreciable difference.

Edited by LordArtemis

Well if by spiritual you meant a pale shaded ghost of the former game then I agree.

Otherwise Kotor felt much more SW than this.

This is the last time I am saying this. If this is not SW in your opinion fine. But stop trying to convince me that it is fact because I do believe it's SW in fact very much so. So let us leave it at that shall we?

i just came back after about a year of not playing because i now have more time on my hands but when ever i go to a planet theirs only 10-20 people there. i enjoy the game but it makes it really boring if theirs no one to play with. so im just wondering if i should just cut my losses and find a new MMO or stick around and hope for the best.

Will people come back?

Thats more about the rest of the industry then SW:TOR now to be honest.

I just cam back 2 months ago myself when housing was finally announced.

It was one of the key items I pointed out was missing (Along with RVR, Pazaak, Swoop Racing (ala KotOR1), and more) when I left an little over a year earlier.

So I think the devs are finally on the right course or path with adding in housing, strongholds, Makeb was very well done, future upcoming things sound good as well.

But here is the catch and its something I tried to bang into the beta devs heads (I failed clear or they understood and just ignored anyways)

You only get 1 chance to make a good first impression

And SW:TOR wasted their by honestly being far to arrogant and self centered that they ignore the genre and suggestions for what they wanted to do (as long as it allowed them to be home for supper on time).

So they lost that chance and subs vacated game

Now rather then crafting their own future they have to hope and pray other buss word games coming out make the same missteps they made so the player base does give them a 2nd or even 3rd chance.

I'm not bashing SW:TOR here btw.

As I said I like the new direction and did return myself.

But I also know its ALLOT HARDER to get someone to return then it is to get someone to give something its first try.

And SW:TOR has been given multiple chances by a great number of players who left disappointed earlier.

Truth is the direction we see now should have been in place well before launch.

So no one can accurately say if the new update will get people back

because for people to come back,

Its going to be about more then just direction and content update of SW:TOR

And EA has no control over that part of the equation

So cross you fingers and hope for all the new games to be disappointments as well.

I think it could bring back some of the disenfranchised SWG vets that wanted this game to be SWG2. But other than that, player housing in a Themepark game is kind of a gimmick. The "house" is going to be in the same exact spot on each planet.

It's a pretty weak addition to the game in my opinion.

do you think with the new update that people are going to come back to SWTOR?

People to come back? No please! There are plenty of ppl already. My server is a real mess and its always full with 4-5 Fleet , Makeb , KDY , Tython , Dromund Kaas , Korriban , Coruscant instances.

(just Corellia and Ilum are dead for some reason

You can blame all the ridiculous accelerated leveling this game has and that's even without 2xp weekends.

Everyone is max-leveled by the time they're done Belsavis even just doing class/planet missions. There's no incentive to go to either planet and actually do anything now cuz there's nobody there other than Datacrons and a few end-game missions.

If a veteran player wants to power-level using all the boosts possible, I can understand that, but it's the new players that are getting into the game that suffer the most cuz they level too fast, get to Corellia, and wonder where everyone is.

I think that's who it hurts, the new SWTOR player, they hear all the great things about class stories but then wonder why even bother when they are just smashing through levels, then it's just like every other MMO. So then you get all these noob players spamming to join guilds cuz they hear all about the guild XP bonus and then they speed to 55 and have no idea how to play their class.

I'd love to see Legacy restrictions on all forms of accelerated leveling, then you'd get just the players who have played the game "properly" at least once being allowed access to the XP perks, but that will never happen.

Just from recent personal experience, I think we will see more returning. My guild lost a few to ESO and almost 1/2 have already cancelled there and returned.

ESO seems to have turned out to not be the second coming as was predicted by some in these forums two months ago.

I have been playing since launch and have never left. The members that we originally started the guild with are still playing even though there are times some of them don't play (real life--such as college, work, family responsibilities) we still enjoy the game.

As far as people playing that depends on your time schedule whether or not you find someone to play with. I have someone I always play with on my lower alts (but he's my boyfriend too).

We also have a guild and honesty in the last few weeks we have added some new members and our guild is a small one and we are quite particular on who we recruit in the guild.

Really just depends on you if you are enjoying it then you will have fun. If you want someone to play with I would suggest maybe find a guild or try to find people that would like to run missions with you.

Good luck and have a great week.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

People to come back? No please! There are plenty of ppl already. My server is a real mess and its always full with 4-5 Fleet , Makeb , KDY , Tython , Dromund Kaas , Korriban , Coruscant instances.

Don't know what server you're on, but on my server, prime time means 120 people in a single instance of Republic Fleet. Never seen more than 10 people on any planet above level 40 (except during events).

So, yes, I sure as hell, would like more players to join the game. If you REALLY have such problems with too many players, then please transfer to literally any other server.