This early access launch is pure success!

Evray

First off let me say just how sad that this is what we gamers are: a million-member pile of entitled spoiled brats yelling at McDonalds because they served someone in the front of the line before us.-stolen from someone else.

But just about sums it up.

Whats that? You didn't 'read' the part about early access? Well probably a good thing because since you took time off from school you get a whole day off, no school, no swtor. Maybe you should practice that reading bit.

Took a day off from work despite knowing you might not get staggered in today? Lol, I bet your the big time manager of your store... not.

So far, this early access launch has been great. Were thinning out the bad community.

I for one, as a long time SWTOR fan and devotee am glad to see this go the way it has.

Here is what the early access wave system has done for us devout fans:

Yes, maybe hurt there sub numbers a bit, but just like every other whiner on the net, we'll see them in game where they will still whine, but continue to play. So no real harm done there.

What it really has done is weeded out the people we don't need. All those 'entitled' children out there complaining about early access who are no longer going to play this game, are finally gone. I for one am glad to hear so many people are quitting the game before it even started. It does a number on our community. Makes sure the real players, the real subbers will stick around. The trolls, the people with an intelligence score so low that they took days off despite not knowing they'd get to play today, all these people are going to be gone.

What does that mean for us? Better community. The quality of a person, and nay a player and his character directly comes from the level of overall patience and understanding.

Nobody gives a crap about the whiners haters and trolls. These people are the trash that our community throws our trash into. Over-all, trolls and haters and whiners will remain, but many are now going to be gone. All those 'world 1sters' we didn't want them in the community anyways.

Screw WOW and the elites, this game is about story, gameplay, enjoyment, not about Epeens and children who don't get what they want.

I for one, who am still not in the game yet, am glad to hear Bioware has finally found a surefire way to rid our community of the most volatile people from these groups. Only the truly dedicated whiners haters and trolls will be there, and lets face it, these people help re-affirm beliefs in the game due to their lack of intelligence. The more someone with an IQ of 3 argues in favor of something, the more you should agree with the opposite.

Good job Bioware, successful launch. My only worry for this game was the community, and now you've fixed it. I am a satisfied customer.

Hey children? You mad? :cool:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you still feel this way 5 days from now when the majority of the pre-orders are finally playing and the servers crash or have unbearable lag? They can start off slow all they want, but the problems are inevitable. The sooner they address them, the better off we'll all be for the release date.

Fanboi!

Tool!

Just kidding. I agree with you. For so many reasons. A few are...

It's really just a game. I am a Star Wars nerd and am dying to play. I was in weekend testings and am having withdrawals, but I am handling it.

I preordered Aug 27th. I really thought I would get in today. But I didn't, and may not tomorrow. But I really want to get in... but no rage or blame. I will get in when i get in. Wasn't expecting until the 20th, then with the announcement of early access the 15th, so I can be patient.

I know they want people to play their game, so I trust they are doing things as quick as they can without breaking the thing.

TL;DR but i got the gist of what your saying and i agree. I didnt get in today because i didnt preorder till later. Oh well, thats my fault, im not gonna fling hate at Bioware for giving me extra days to play, but not as many as some others.

And as for this whole, "I didnt get the name i wanted" argument. Oh well, show some creativity and make one for yourself.

First off let me say just how sad that this is what we gamers are: a million-member pile of entitled spoiled brats yelling at McDonalds because they served someone in the front of the line before us.-stolen from someone else.

Whats that? You didn't 'read' the part about early access? Well probably a good thing because since you took time off from school you get a whole day off, no school, no swtor. Maybe you should practice that reading bit.

Took a day off from work despite knowing you might not get staggered in today? Lol, I bet your the big time manager of your store... not.

So far, this early access launch has been great. Were thinning out the bad community.

I for one, as a long time SWTOR fan and devotee am glad to see this go the way it has.

Yes, maybe hurt there sub numbers a bit, but just like every other whiner on the net, we'll see them in game where they will still whine, but continue to play. So no real harm done there.

What it really has done is weeded out the people we don't need. All those 'entitled' children out there complaining about early access who are no longer going to play this game, are finally gone. I for one am glad to hear so many people are quitting the game before it even started. It does a number on our community. Makes sure the real players, the real subbers will stick around. The trolls, the people with an intelligence score so low that they took days off despite not knowing they'd get to play today, all these people are going to be gone.

What does that mean for us? Better community. The quality of a person, and nay a player and his character directly comes from the level of overall patience and understanding.

Nobody gives a crap about the whiners haters and trolls. These people are the trash that our community throws our trash into. Over-all, trolls and haters and whiners will remain, but many are now going to be gone. All those 'world 1sters' we didn't want them in the community anyways.

Screw WOW and the elites, this game is about story, gameplay, enjoyment, not about Epeens and children who don't get what they want.

I for one, who am still not in the game yet, am glad to hear Bioware has finally found a surefire way to rid our community of the most volatile people from these groups. Only the truly dedicated whiners haters and trolls will be there, and lets face it, these people help re-affirm beliefs in the game due to their lack of intelligence. The more someone with an IQ of 3 argues in favor of something, the more you should agree with the opposite.

Good job Bioware, successful launch. My only worry for this game was the community, and now you've fixed it. I am a satisfied customer.

A beacon of sense amongst the senseless. You sir, I salute!

Ah a breath of fresh air in the middle of a sewage farm of festering turds.

Well said!

Hmm, you sound like the spoiled brat yourself.

The launch is good for the people who playing, but how can people who are NOT playing agree that the launch has been awesome, when we haven't experienced it yet?

You're not even ingame yet to experience the launch and you're shouting it's praises. I personally don't take the opinion of anyone who has not experience what they are preaching about.

I'm not ingame yet either. The game has launched today, has it been good? Purely on my experience of the launch, which has been zero, it has been a bad launch so far, since I haven't gotten to play. At any game launch I expect to play, regardless of EGA etc, so forgive me if I reserve my judgement until the launch period is over, then I will have a true sense if the launch has been a success!

THANKS!

Besides, what else is there to do today if you didn't get in but troll all the children on these forums? Play skyrim thats what.

People play the "fanboi" card when they have no rational way to answer and when you refuse to join their pitchfork wielding zombie mob.

The truly saddest of the sad is people posting the same copy and paste to every thread, thinking if they spam it.. then, gosh darn it, Bioware will just *have* to do things the way they want it.... They way just get themselves banned from forums. That could be a nice thing.

Edited by Tullowit

you have a ton more loyal supporters out there bioware! We outweigh the trolls, guaranteed.

Why aren't we around more to thumbs up?

Well, most are being respectfully patient, the rest are too busy in game livin it up. =)

I know you won't, but don't let the negativity bother you, take it with a grain of salt. To give you that peppermint hot chocolate feeling in your gut, I shall simply say, job well done. Those screams of anger are actually just people going "I am so EXCITED, it hurts!" It is a good day when the world desires your hard work that much!

Will you still feel this way 5 days from now when the majority of the pre-orders are finally playing and the servers crash or have unbearable lag? They can start off slow all they want, but the problems are inevitable. The sooner they address them, the better off we'll all be for the release date.

This simply isn't true, nor logical.

By having a methodical approach to ramping up server populations, and insuring decent population distributions they can control a LOT of the instability that a free for all launch has to deal with.

Will there be lag? Will there be queues? Probably.

But I'd rather see that lag and queues mitigated at least somewhat during EARLY access instead of braeking stuff just for the sake of breaking it.

Calling the people complaining children and putting them down...wow...I hope you know that the people complaining about the complainers look no better to this, up until now, silent observer. And I realize that I'm now complaining about the people complaining about complaints (which they refer to as whining). I've been drawn into the dark side. Damn.

A beacon of sense amongst the senseless. You sir, I salute!

Make that 2 salutes! I've been a part of an MMO Pre-Launch that didn't stagger, let me tell you, it was a MESS. Long Ques, Server Crashes and once in the game, lag galore. Was supposed to be a 3 day Early start, only really got 1 good day out of it.

So yeah, I say good job BioWare! :D

BTW, I haven't got my Early Access yet, and I'm fine with it, since I Pre-Ordered late and so I didn't set my expectations over what my common sense allowed me to believe. ;)

Hmm, you sound like the spoiled brat yourself.

The launch is good for the people who playing, but how can people who are NOT playing agree that the launch has been awesome, when we haven't experienced it yet?

You're not even ingame yet to experience the launch and you're shouting it's praises. I personally don't take the opinion of anyone who has not experience what they are preaching about.

I'm not ingame yet either. The game has launched today, has it been good? Purely on my experience of the launch, which has been zero, it has been a bad launch so far, since I haven't gotten to play. At any game launch I expect to play, regardless of EGA etc, so forgive me if I reserve my judgement until the launch period is over, then I will have a true sense if the launch has been a success!

Said exactly what i was thinking, reason im not in a cult.

Do you really think the "whiners" are gonna quit the game because they didn't get in the 1st day of Early Access? Damn, I have never seen anyone as naive as you.

On the stress test beta they sent out 1M or so invites and, to me, it felt like any other LAUNCH day of an MMO with a big player base. And instead of letting people in at a respectful pace, they decide to give us little to no information about what we're concerned... about. I think the Early Access idea is great, but BioWare has been handling this in an extremely stupid manner.