Group Finder Broken Since 9 August Maintenance

Anvil

I don't know about everyone else, but since the last maintenance downtime on the 9th August i have found that the group finder is broken.

Doing a hard mode flashpoint results in the following problems;

The Group Finder is adding all flashpoints to your quest log

The Group Finder is asking me to travel to each of these flashpoints one after the other

The Group Finder isnt awarding black hole commendations with any consistency. Only once out of the last three hard modes i have done resulted in comms being awarded.

The Group Finder isnt always recognising the flashpoint is compleated with regard to galactic dailies/weeklies

The Group Finder is applying the lock out when you leave your group after compleating the flashpoint.

Prior to the last maintenance i had not experianced any of these issues, however the last three hard mode flashpoint i did all party memebers experianced the same issues. I did submit a ticket with regard to it. I am wondering if it is only a few people or everyone who is getting these problems now?

• Dev Post
Hi there! There's currently a Known Issue with premade groups of 4 when queuing for Group Finder. Unfortunately, this is manifesting in several ways, as you noted here. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working on getting it resolved; due to the way the issue is manifesting, the team is taking extra time in testing the fix once it's ready. We'll keep you updated when more information as it becomes available. Edited by AmberGreen
updated for clarity

I can also confirm this... and today i tried to join with out a premade, and it was the same problem as the OP says.

So how about you(BioWare) give us lvl 50 characters 5 BH commendations per day, and 8 per week untill you fix this issue!?!

And a peice of friendly advice from me, hire a better QA team... :csw_vader: Cause i find their lack of knowledge disturbing!

Hi there! There's currently a Known Issue with premade groups of 4 when queuing for Group Finder. Unfortunately, this is manifesting in several ways, as you noted here. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working on getting it resolved; due to the way the issue is manifesting, the team is taking extra time in testing the fix once it's ready. We'll keep you updated when more information as it becomes available.

This has happenned twice to me also. Is there a work around, besides using a real pug? Do I seriously have to put a ticket in for every random hard mode I run to get my black hole commendations? And as far as putting the tickets in, am I gonna have to document everything? ANd what about getting credit on the weekly 3 hard mode quests, and daily single hm quest? tickets also?

Hi there! There's currently a Known Issue with premade groups of 4 when queuing for Group Finder. Unfortunately, this is manifesting in several ways, as you noted here. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working on getting it resolved; due to the way the issue is manifesting, the team is taking extra time in testing the fix once it's ready. We'll keep you updated when more information as it becomes available.

I asked this before, but I have to ask again... how often will you continue to put bugs in with each patch instead of starting to use the PTS for every single patch? Your internal testing sucks!

I've encountered it also and have threads in other sections of the forums about this. As an aside it's not just 4 man pre-mades for tier 1 HM FPs. 8 man pre-mades for story mode Ops done via group finder are just as bugged. I think I read that 4 man pre-mades for easy mode level 50 FP's are again bugged and not giving out the coms one would get for that tier of FP.

I would just like to mention about how I liked the reply the BW employee left on here. The issue was acknowledged, they gave a short description on what exactly is going on (even if it means there was a mistake done by BW) and then they described a little bit on how they were going to correct the issue.

If more BW posts could be like this, I'm quite positive they'd have far less ppl upset over minor issues like this. They don't have to give us exact details on everything they're doing. Just acknowledgement that it's an issue and a short, but sweet description on them handling it and how they're handling it.

The way I look at it, the more info they give us on issues; means they actually took time to look up the issue and that they are working hard on fixing it. Thank you BW.

As far as the poster's questions on whether or not they'll have to document every FP they run. I don't think you'll have to. They actually have a pretty good logging system built for this game. For example, I reported someone back during the Rakghoul world event thing and the CS sent me back everything I did and said during the 2 hrs that the incident went on. They said I didn't have a claim and so on. And 2 weeks ago, I got reported by someone. It was all wrong, so I emailed CS and asked them to re-investigate it. Well no more than an hour later I get an apology email from BW.

So as far as documenting goes, it'll be more for your own piece of mind. But they should have it all down in their system on what you did, at what time and so on.

Edited by PoortKnyght

If you guys would set up the Test Server and actually pay attention to posts when we tell you something is wrong you could save yourselves a lot of hassles!

Instead BioWare pushes out fail patches and bugs that make fixing them twice as big of problem.

Face facts BioWare the current method sucks.

It would be fantastic if they were "taking extra time in testing" BEFORE breaking something that worked. That sort of care I can appreaciate. Taking your time after you've lit the place on fire is not so welcome. For that, I want hot fix and I honestly wanted it yesterday along with the "whoops, we busted EC" fix. Especially as this looks like reversion error to a problem that cropped up pretty much day 1 of Groupfinder's release. Was somebody working on old codebase when they wrote the new patch and forgot to fold in a fix we've already seen? Is this the "top self" product we were told could command a $15 subscription fee?

Easy fix guys.... Q up with everyone but your tank. You will get matched with each other and get the comms... real difficult :rolleyes:

EDIT: You all act like it's such a terrible bug, honestly the worst bug that has come from a patch was ilum day(1), it's not the end of the world and this has been known since the patch went live and people reported in game which is the BEST way to report instead you people come on the general forums(wow) and report them hahaha.

(1)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqti3UGT1CI

Edited by iimagiicii

Easy fix guys.... Q up with everyone but your tank. You will get matched with each other and get the comms... real difficult :rolleyes:

EDIT: You all act like it's such a terrible bug, honestly the worst bug that has come from a patch was ilum day(1), it's not the end of the world and this has been known since the patch went live and people reported in game which is the BEST way to report instead you people come on the general forums(wow) and report them hahaha.

Oooh who made you Forumgod!

Well considering the vast majority of tickets I and other I know of get auto replied by a droid with absolutely zero comprehension of the issue being noted or the tickets that get the standard "thank we will look into it but we wont respond to you" or worse just closed and disappear from your log... all meaning that the issues are left in game to fester longer and longerr... I think I prefer the OP's approach... but that's just me I guess, having read many of the completely of topic bordering ridiculous responses I've had...

its a bug at the end of the day. its 2012 things called testing it shouldnt have made it to live servers not even blizz is that dumb anymore and to get a copy and pasted anwser from the dev bravo

I can confirm this, happened to me last time our team of 4 queued up.

To my understanding, You will NEVER get any Black Hole comms queuing up with pre-made groups of four people. The comms is a reward only to be an incentive for people to use the LFG tool more. That means you can't specifically select a FP to get the comm rewards. You can't queue with more than 3 people and expect to get comms. The Tool was NEVER meant to work this way!!!!!

So summary:

1. It has to be RANDOM!!!!!!!!!

2. No Pre-Made groups HIGHER than 3 people!!!!!

You will get your comms everytime!

Everyone complaining they didn't get their comms just doesn't know or understand the specifics on how the RANDOM LFG is supposed to be used. Sometimes the stupidity of people just baffles me.

Edited by Raideag

its a bug at the end of the day. its 2012 things called testing it shouldnt have made it to live servers not even blizz is that dumb anymore and to get a copy and pasted anwser from the dev bravo

never said it wasn't a bug, but like I said that doesn't mean it needs to be posted in general discussion as they have bug report in game for a reason. It shouldn't have made it to live but it did and it's not a terrible game breaking bug which a lot of people seem to make it out to be.

To my understanding, You will NEVER get any Black Hole comms queuing up with pre-made groups of four people. The comms is a reward only to be an incentive for people to use the LFG tool more. That means you can't specifically select a FP to get the comm rewards. You can't queue with more than 3 people and expect to get comms. The Tool was NEVER meant to work this way!!!!!

So summary:

Everyone complaining they didn't get their comms just doesn't know or understand the specifics on how the RANDOM LFG is supposed to be used. Sometimes the stupidity of people just baffles me.

This wasn't the case before this week, you could queue up a team of four and still get comms. I did it numerous times without a hitch.

So summary:

You are wrong. You can que up with a premade group of 4 as long as all the HM FP is selected and you will get black hole comms. Before the bug hit we did guild runs of HM Randoms, it is when you take the random out of the FP is when you get no coms and that means uncheck one of the HM FP

So summary:

Actually couple days back me and a healer quesed up together and got 2 dps pugs. completed the whole FP, still no BH coms. We tryed with 3 people and 4 people , but its seems very ramdopm when we get the coms or not. and yes i did check that we hade the quest and all was ok.

Ah the general forum strikes again! A bug is discovered by the players. A player posts about the bug on the general forums. (I can't know if said player actually submitted a ticket so we'll leave that elephant in the room alone) A Bioware employee responds in the general forum acknowledging the bug and informing those who read this thread that the team is aware of and working on a fix. The general forum IMMEDIATELY proceeds to lambaste all Bioware employees for "putting the bug out" instead of testing it. Seriously? We're accusing Bioware of bugging their own game now? How much sense does it make for them to already have the group finder in the game and working, then put out a patch to fix something completely unrelated to the group finder but at the same time create a bug specific to the group finder and install it in the game?

Ah the general forum strikes again! A bug is discovered by the players. A player posts about the bug on the general forums. (I can't know if said player actually submitted a ticket so we'll leave that elephant in the room alone) A Bioware employee responds in the general forum acknowledging the bug and informing those who read this thread that the team is aware of and working on a fix. The general forum IMMEDIATELY proceeds to lambaste all Bioware employees for "putting the bug out" instead of testing it. Seriously? We're accusing Bioware of bugging their own game now? How much sense does it make for them to already have the group finder in the game and working, then put out a patch to fix something completely unrelated to the group finder but at the same time create a bug specific to the group finder and install it in the game?

u must be new to swtor lol everytime they fix somthing they break somthing else lol o and the dev responce as a generic one Soon , were looking into it, we are aware of the problem, insert any one these to any question and thats BW answer

u must be new to swtor lol everytime they fix somthing they break somthing else lol o and the dev responce as a generic one Soon , were looking into it, we are aware of the problem, insert any one these to any question and thats BW answer

I guess you'd prefer them to say something like "I'm sitting at my desk looking over the program right now attempting to figure out why the code is behaving in a manner that I didn't intend for it to behave in. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I will have it fixed in 25 minutes. If I don't have it fixed in 25 minutes, I will resign and send you my checks instead because I will have failed you, the gamer, and the only practical and suitable compensation for your trouble is for me to give you the money I was scheduled to earn." Would that be an acceptable response for you? Seriously, if they're working on it, they can't do anything else except tell you they're working on it.

I guess you'd prefer them to say something like "I'm sitting at my desk looking over the program right now attempting to figure out why the code is behaving in a manner that I didn't intend for it to behave in. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I will have it fixed in 25 minutes. If I don't have it fixed in 25 minutes, I will resign and send you my checks instead because I will have failed you, the gamer, and the only practical and suitable compensation for your trouble is for me to give you the money I was scheduled to earn." Would that be an acceptable response for you? Seriously, if they're working on it, they can't do anything else except tell you they're working on it.

Are you suggesting they have ONE person only working on this?! Only ONE employee there is capable of finding and fixing this?! Imagine if he went on vacation...we'd go weeks or months without any updates. With the team they have, they could fix it in under a day...they'd simply need to switch what people are working on.

Are you suggesting they have ONE person only working on this?! Only ONE employee there is capable of finding and fixing this?! Imagine if he went on vacation...we'd go weeks or months without any updates. With the team they have, they could fix it in under a day...they'd simply need to switch what people are working on.

That was your suggestion not mine. I do however notice that ONE employee response has condemned the ENTIRE Bioware staff according to this thread.

That was your suggestion not mine. I do however notice that ONE employee response has condemned the ENTIRE Bioware staff according to this thread.

Hmmm...you said "I" enough for it to not have been a mistake..."I" is singular.

"I'm sitting at my desk looking over the program right now attempting to figure out why the code is behaving in a manner that I didn't intend for it to behave in. I have no idea what's wrong with it, but I will have it fixed in 25 minutes. If I don't have it fixed in 25 minutes,I will resign and send you my checks instead because I will have failed you, the gamer, and the only practical and suitable compensation for your trouble is for me to give you the money I was scheduled to earn."

Again, there's no reason that this isn't fixed in a freaking DAY!