So much for not charging subs for Makeb

Lucyfer_Infinity

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy there. Do not blow a gasket.

We do not know what will be in the expansion yet, do we?

Yes, Makeb and increased level cap has been mentioned before, but I am very certain that there will be alot more changes coming with the RoHC. I am looking forward to this very much.

We were "promised" before F2P were on the table... but such things change. Now, BW needs to make some money so that we can continue to play the game. That certainly trumps all "promises" in my book.

Edited by Mixxathon

You know we were promised we won't get charged for it.....

Except they mentioned a few times they weren't sure if they were going to charge for it or not since it was a large chunk of content.

For $10? I can live with that, since thats a piece of DLC from another game that i can skimp on for a while

It's not about price is about principle, they keep on promising us stuff then keep on backing out, it's infuriating.

That be a lie or just a plain brainfart.

They said they were contemplating whether or not Makeb + rising level cap will be something players need to pay for.

That is not much. Live with it.

:rak_04:

I'm happy that we're getting new content.

I'm happy that it includes a new world to explore rather than just a new area for an existing world.

I'm just really disappointed that it's not a physical expansion pack.

Well at least we don't have to pay for it with Cartel Coins.

Edited by Vitas

I'm happy that we're getting new content.

I'm happy that it includes a new world to explore rather than just a new area for an existing world.

I'm just really disappointed that it's not a physical expansion pack.

Well at least we don't have to pay for it with Cartel Coins.

I wish it was with cartel coins, at least then my monthly stipend could pay for it :p

lol

Op's funny.

I like those kind of people with the single-player game mentality on an MMO. Thinking that they'll just have to pay once for ALL future content no matter how big a chunk of new content that is...

I like those people who are so fast to forget dev stated subscribers won't get charged for makeb. But i guess i'm in the minority of people for whom word still means something. Oh well i guess world is heading in direction where what comes out of persons mouth is worth as much as what comes out of their backside and majority people are actually fine with it.....

It's not about price is about principle, they keep on promising us stuff then keep on backing out, it's infuriating.

This is simply not true. They were always very wishy washy about expansions. I remember them saying they didn't know if they were going to charge subscribers or not. 10 bucks doesn't seem to bad to me. But then again, if it ends up not being worth it, they they will have a problem on their hands.

Edited by Alavastre

This is simply not true. They were always very wishy washy about expansions. I remember them saying they didn't know if they were going to charge subscribers or not. 10 bucks doesn't seem to bad to me. But then again, if it ends up not being worth it, they they will have a problem on their hands.

First statement was subscribers won't be chrged. Then it became "wishy washy"....

Strange, other MMOs I've played haven't charged subscribers for such a small amount of content. Free players, sure. Subscribers, no.

That be a lie or just a plain brainfart.

They said they were contemplating whether or not Makeb + rising level cap will be something players need to pay for.

That is not much. Live with it.

:rak_04:

You haven't been here long if you can't remember before the F2P nonsense.

Yes, before all the F2P cash grab went down, we were told Makeb would be free. To be fair, they have taken everything that was going to be in their big fall expansion and are slowly dripping it out in the guise of a "six-week content cycle".

You want to charge for an expansion, make a proper expansion. A single zone without even a continuation of the class quests in it? That the sort of thing that they should be putting out as part of their regular content cycle.

I guess EA have worked out MMO players will pay extra for everything now.

I'm sorry, what am i paying 15 bucks a month for again? This company is really, really starting to aggravate me. Why is it a company like Trion is able to do so much more with 15 a month than a mega-corp like EA? It's because EA wants to nickle and dime us, and they dont.

Makeb is not enough for an expansion. 15 bucks a month is suppose to include content updates, but all of our damn content updates are being turned into cartel crap and paid DLC! i am really, really reaching my limit with this game, RAPIDLY.

I'm sorry, what am i paying 15 bucks a month for again? This company is really, really starting to aggravate me. Why is it a company like Trion is able to do so much more with 15 a month than a mega-corp like EA? It's because EA wants to nickle and dime us, and they dont.

Makeb is not enough for an expansion. 15 bucks a month is suppose to include content updates, but all of our damn content updates are being turned into cartel crap and paid DLC! i am really, really reaching my limit with this game, RAPIDLY.

How do you know Makeb isn't enough for an expansion? Have you play tested it? Have you seen how many quests there are?

First statement was subscribers won't be chrged. Then it became "wishy washy"....

Sorry about your luck. People can change their minds.

BRIDGEKEEPER: Stop! What is your name?

GALAHAD: Sir Galahad of Camelot.

BRIDGEKEEPER: What is your quest?

GALAHAD: I seek the Grail.

BRIDGEKEEPER: What is your favorite color?

GALAHAD: Blue. No yel-- auuuuuuuugh! [ explodes and dies ]

do you know all the content in makeb? because tell me i want to know everything. oh wait NO YOU DON'T KNOW IT.