Swtor - swg "nge"

-Backdraft-

I haven't been writing here very much latley but when the servers are down I guess I could write some lines. :D If there is anyone with late SWG experience I would be happy to hear them out :)

Well first of all I don't want to start a complain theared even if i'm pretty sad about everything this game had to offer. Some parts are really really good but pretty quick you get tierd of it. I don't know if I am the only one who think one of the main problem is the small locked maps; it would be so much better with a world wide game where you could run all over the maps.

I used to play SWG and did if for a long time, that game was flawless; remember the first time on tattooine, you could run for many many hours to get to the "end" of the map. That game had so much to offer and if you just wanted to PVP you could log on your BH and hunt play jedi's.

But my main reason with this post is; SWTOR isn't it very close to the NGE combat uppdate that BIO did in the late days of SWG? The patch that made the whole game go down; from having ALOT of players to lose them all over afew weeks, i'm one of the guys who quit when that came. My point is; Is there anyone here who played SWG with the combat uppdate (NGE)? Isn't it very similar to what SWTOR is?

The feeling I have right now is that SWG (with the NGE-combat uppdate) is almost the same as this game right now? With just a story and remakes.

So, anyone with late swg experience that feels the same?

:wea_03:

I haven't been writing here very much latley but when the servers are down I guess I could write some lines. :D If there is anyone with late SWG experience I would be happy to hear them out :)

Well first of all I don't want to start a complain theared even if i'm pretty sad about everything this game had to offer. Some parts are really really good but pretty quick you get tierd of it. I don't know if I am the only one who think one of the main problem is the small locked maps; it would be so much better with a world wide game where you could run all over the maps.

I used to play SWG and did if for a long time, that game was flawless; remember the first time on tattooine, you could run for many many hours to get to the "end" of the map. That game had so much to offer and if you just wanted to PVP you could log on your BH and hunt play jedi's.

But my main reason with this post is; SWTOR isn't it very close to the NGE combat uppdate that BIO did in the late days of SWG? The patch that made the whole game go down; from having ALOT of players to lose them all over afew weeks, i'm one of the guys who quit when that came. My point is; Is there anyone here who played SWG with the combat uppdate (NGE)? Isn't it very similar to what SWTOR is?

The feeling I have right now is that SWG (with the NGE-combat uppdate) is almost the same as this game right now? With just a story and remakes.

The simple fact that you compare anything to the NGE means you never played SWG.

But by all means, troll on.

The simple fact that you compare anything to the NGE means you never played SWG.

But by all means, troll on.

lol well the point was NGE because I think swtor and swg NGE was the same. Only tried it out for 3 weeks then quit. And why would that show I never did? lol

Yeah, nothing like the NGE.

They would have to remove half the classes, change combat completely, sell an expansion to people right before announcing the changes (then have to refund due to the bait/switch). I could go on.

Time for Jesus face palm.

Sony got greedy and dumbed SWG down to try to capture some of the WoW market share. They paid the price for their foolishness. Unfortunately, many, many gamers lost one of the great MMOs to greed.

This game is taking more of a Warhammer Online trajectory. Fortunately, they are listening to player feedback and issuing patches so there may be hope yet.

PvP in NGE was awsome, both open world and battlefields

combat system was pretty good

u missed the best part

as for this one

the game has only 4 months live

no reason to cry

but hey

ppl loves drama

Can I look forward to you last post in 4 months?

NGE suked

SWG was my first mmo, there was a ton of stuff wrong with it but I liked it because it was very very busy, once wow and eq2 came out it died.

The two are not even close.

The NGE invalidated all the hard work done by the players who started at launch by allowing everyone to be a Jedi on day 1 of playing. That's why it was an epic fail.

The first year of any MMO is full of ups and downs.

Today is a QA issue. DEVs have nothing to do with software deployment and should never even have access to production servers.

I quite enjoyed NGE... It had some really good things going for it by the time SOE closed it down. I happily played NGE on 3 seperate accounts. If SOE were to take over TOR I for one would be alot happier.

no, no it's not. The level of incompetance on display here far out weighs any I've ever seen in any software development. Maybe that's what BW meant when they wanted to bring in a new pillar, level of amateur never experienced before....

Yay for Lolegacy!

Edited by Caspian_Rho

I played SWG on and off for years. Overall it was a great game.

I think they could learn some things from that game.

Datacrons although used for a different purpose were aquired via combat. This is something I think should change in this game. Jumping from beam to beam bothers me. If thats the kinda game I wanted to play i'd load up prince of persia.

I personally think datacrons should come from world bosses or something.

It does feel a little like swg but I find the story is much better here.

Swg (At release) also had some serious class balancing issues. My creature handler using his At Rt could destroy an entire town of republic forces.

This game seems to have a better handle on class balancing.

PVP is SWG was also a lot of fun.

All and all I loved SWG (And Tor) and wish it went free to play rather then closing down all the servers.

Did you really play SWG? I loved SWG, all my guild I had loved it. I have never heard anyone call that game flawless. It was a bug filled mess.

The NGE is nothing like this game at all. Not in the least. It changed to a point and shoot style of combat. What the hell are you talking about?

The NGE changed the entire combat system in SWG.

1.2 Added legacy stuff, a few buffs/nerfs to each class, and new content.

How are those 2 things even close to the same? There might be the same amount of outrage, but the outrage in SWG was becaue the game was so drastically changed. The outrage here is because they undelivered on a few key new features.

This game is taking more of a Warhammer Online trajectory. Fortunately, they are listening to player feedback and issuing patches so there may be hope yet.

I also feel the pvp arena feels a little bit like wrath of heroes. EA prob been using the some of the same staff.

not the same, this game has a large player base for starters :p SWG was not some great success that died young, it was a failure that limped on with a few hardcore fans

Actually not true. SWG was commercially a success, until the CU

I used to play SWG and did if for a long time, that game was flawless

i played SWG and i have to say Flawless is not what comes in mined when i think back don't get me wrong it had its good points like the big world maps like you said but there was so many bugs in that game it just got silly.