Artificers Need Some Attention

Andrew_TS

As an Artifice, I feel as though we are getting neglected for updates. I continue to see drops for almost every other crafter in the game, however, very very rarely do I ever see a new schematic for artifice. None of our hilts and enhancements compare to any top tear gear as I have seen from schematics dropped for other crafters. Now that 1.3 has dropped, the only thing left to make money from is color crystals. However, we are limited to only crafting solid colors. I would like to see artificers be able to get more creative with the color crystals they can craft. Essentially allowing use to craft a blue with red core or orange with green core. The options could be limitless and would truly allow players to customize their look. I would also like to see grade 25-26 hilts/enhancement schematic drops throughout the game. If these drops do exists, I have not seen them, or seen anyone who has them. Please address this neglect to artificers.

As an Artifice, I feel as though we are getting neglected for updates. I continue to see drops for almost every other crafter in the game, however, very very rarely do I ever see a new schematic for artifice. None of our hilts and enhancements compare to any top tear gear as I have seen from schematics dropped for other crafters. Now that 1.3 has dropped, the only thing left to make money from is color crystals. However, we are limited to only crafting solid colors. I would like to see artificers be able to get more creative with the color crystals they can craft. Essentially allowing use to craft a blue with red core or orange with green core. The options could be limitless and would truly allow players to customize their look. I would also like to see grade 25-26 hilts/enhancement schematic drops throughout the game. If these drops do exists, I have not seen them, or seen anyone who has them. Please address this neglect to artificers.

Star wars lore just died when you said Blue with red core, it DIED. I dont mind adding more "colors" but please, here choose from the list.

Amber

Aqua (Galen Marek's modified lightsaber)

Azure (Nikkos Tyris's lightsaber)

Black (White with black core)[7]

Blue (traditional Jedi lightsaber color)[8]

Blue, w/ black core

Blue, Dark (such as Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber, Kenobi's Legacy)

Blue, Icy (Permafrost crystal)

Blue, Jade

Bright Gold

Bronze (Bnar's Sacrifice)

Bronze w/ yellow core (Heart of the Guardian)

Brown

Carmine (Bane's Heart)

Clear (Barab ore)

Cobalt (One of Saesee Tiin's many lightsaber's)

Crimson (such as Adi Gallia's lightsaber in 32 BBY)

Cyan (such as Meetra Surik's lightsaber)

Cyan w/ silvery glow (Mantle of the Force)

Electric Blue

Emerald (such as Jacen Solo's lightsaber before his ascension to Sith Lord)

Gold (such as Qu Rahn's lightsaber)

Gray

Green

Green, Dark

Green, Jade

Green, Light

Green, Sage (Rahm Kota's lightsaber)

Green w/ black core (Dahgee crystal)

Indigo

Lava (Lava crystal)

Magenta (such as Mara Jade Skywalker's lightsaber)

Orange (such as Kyle Katarn in 10 ABY or Freedon Nadd)

Pearl White (Krayt dragon pearl, Wisdom crystal)

Pewter(Raynar Thul's lightsaber)

Pink (Lambent)

Purple

Red (Darth Andeddu's Crystal, generic Sith/Dark Jedi lightsaber)

Red, w/ black core

Red, Blood (Qixoni crystal)

Red, Dark

Red, Light

Sapphire (Yarael Poof's lightsaber)

Scarlet (Depa Billaba's lightsaber)

Silver (Durindfire (crystal))

Silvery-blue

Silvery-green (Viridian crystal)

Teal (Sunrider's Destiny)

Transparent Blue (Pix's lightsaber)

Violet (such as Anakin Solo, Kyp Durron, and Jaina Solo's lightsabers)

Violet, Dark

Violet, Light

Viridian

White

Yellow (such as the new Impact Crystal, a Force Unleashed 2 Collectors Edition Exclusive, and Yun's lightsaber)

Yellow, Dark

Yellow, Light

Yellow-White (Nelani Dinn's lightsaber)

Yellowish-green (such as Ahsoka Tano's Shoto)

Yellowish-orange

Yellow w/ Black Core

+1

I agree wholeheartedly

Maybe set up crystal crafting so you can choose a core color, glow color, and stat bonus separately. That would be cool even if it was BOP.

Unique relics with cool activated abilities could be awesome as well, even if it was just a vanity effect.

Ok, so maybe blue with red core is a bit over the top, but your list has so many more options than artificers even come close to having. I also think a nice way to implement this would be by having base materials needed for each crystal, then base the end color off of the color and grade of color crystals that are added to it. Edited by Andrew_TS

Star wars lore just died when you said Blue with red core, it DIED. I dont mind adding more "colors" but please, here choose from the list.

Brown

lol i dont want to craft a brown one......ewwww running around with a poop stick lol

I agree, artificers have been neglected to a point where the skill feels almost useless. I want to see more artifice drops in Operations and Hard Modes (something I have yet to see anyway) and more schematics in general! A lot more colour crystals would be cool, but I'd also like more of everything else.

The skill just needs some TLC. As I said, it feels useless as is.

star wars lore just died when you said blue with red core, it died. I dont mind adding more "colors" but please, here choose from the list.

Amber

aqua (galen marek's modified lightsaber)

azure (nikkos tyris's lightsaber)

black (white with black core)[7]

blue (traditional jedi lightsaber color)[8]

blue, w/ black core

blue, dark (such as anakin skywalker's lightsaber, kenobi's legacy)

blue, icy (permafrost crystal)

blue, jade

bright gold

bronze (bnar's sacrifice)

bronze w/ yellow core (heart of the guardian)

brown

carmine (bane's heart)

clear (barab ore)

cobalt (one of saesee tiin's many lightsaber's)

crimson (such as adi gallia's lightsaber in 32 bby)

cyan (such as meetra surik's lightsaber)

cyan w/ silvery glow (mantle of the force)

electric blue

emerald (such as jacen solo's lightsaber before his ascension to sith lord)

gold (such as qu rahn's lightsaber)

gray

green

green, dark

green, jade

green, light

green, sage (rahm kota's lightsaber)

green w/ black core (dahgee crystal)

indigo

lava (lava crystal)

magenta (such as mara jade skywalker's lightsaber)

orange (such as kyle katarn in 10 aby or freedon nadd)

pearl white (krayt dragon pearl, wisdom crystal)

pewter(raynar thul's lightsaber)

pink (lambent)

purple

red (darth andeddu's crystal, generic sith/dark jedi lightsaber)

red, w/ black core

red, blood (qixoni crystal)

red, dark

red, light

sapphire (yarael poof's lightsaber)

scarlet (depa billaba's lightsaber)

silver (durindfire (crystal))

silvery-blue

silvery-green (viridian crystal)

teal (sunrider's destiny)

transparent blue (pix's lightsaber)

violet (such as anakin solo, kyp durron, and jaina solo's lightsabers)

violet, dark

violet, light

viridian

white

yellow (such as the new impact crystal, a force unleashed 2 collectors edition exclusive, and yun's lightsaber)

yellow, dark

yellow, light

yellow-white (nelani dinn's lightsaber)

yellowish-green (such as ahsoka tano's shoto)

yellowish-orange

yellow w/ black core

uber quote

+1

I would also love to see more end game schematics drop- hilts, enhancements.

But what I would love more is to be able to craft the +41 stats (particularly PVE- power/crit/end) of the color crystals that they removed from the game- purple, white, cyan. Supposedly they were adding more color crystals, but I have yet to see craftable versions of purple, white, or cyan since they removed the vendor in 1.2. They could easily add in a bunch more color crystals. I'm hoping they do, but I would like to see a confirmed post rather than "they'll be added sometime."

+1

I would also love to see more end game schematics drop- hilts, enhancements.

But what I would love more is to be able to craft the +41 stats (particularly PVE- power/crit/end) of the color crystals that they removed from the game- purple, white, cyan. Supposedly they were adding more color crystals, but I have yet to see craftable versions of purple, white, or cyan since they removed the vendor in 1.2. They could easily add in a bunch more color crystals. I'm hoping they do, but I would like to see a confirmed post rather than "they'll be added sometime."

you can craft +41 stat color crystals for power/crit/end, the daily vender on ilum sells the schematics for 20 daily comms each. however, the only colors available are red, blue and green. the problem is that those basic colors do not sell for a profit considering the mats required to make them. magenta schematics can be found from random mobs in black hole and from nightmare pilgram, but drop rate is so low that after countless attempts to find them since 1.2 dropped, i have only found the +endurance one (which only sells currently on GTN for ~200k, however sell rate is VERY low). BioWare, we want more color options in our Color Crystal Schematics.

you can craft +41 stat color crystals for power/crit/end, the daily vender on ilum sells the schematics for 20 daily comms each. however, the only colors available are red, blue and green. the problem is that those basic colors do not sell for a profit considering the mats required to make them. magenta schematics can be found from random mobs in black hole and from nightmare pilgram, but drop rate is so low that after countless attempts to find them since 1.2 dropped, i have only found the +endurance one (which only sells currently on GTN for ~200k, however sell rate is VERY low). BioWare, we want more color options in our Color Crystal Schematics.

I've sold greens for a profit, since they were added later, don't know about the rest. There are also yellows from the PvP vendor (who knows why), and oranges from the Primal Destroyer and Nightmare Pilgrim. My server (Corellian Run) regularly has the +41 Endurance and Crit magenta schems for sale.

Amber

Aqua (Galen Marek's modified lightsaber)

Azure (Nikkos Tyris's lightsaber)

Black (White with black core)[7]

Blue (traditional Jedi lightsaber color)[8]

Blue, w/ black core

Blue, Dark (such as Anakin Skywalker's lightsaber, Kenobi's Legacy)

Blue, Icy (Permafrost crystal)

Blue, Jade

Bright Gold

Bronze (Bnar's Sacrifice)

Bronze w/ yellow core (Heart of the Guardian)

Brown

Carmine (Bane's Heart)

Clear (Barab ore)

Cobalt (One of Saesee Tiin's many lightsaber's)

Crimson (such as Adi Gallia's lightsaber in 32 BBY)

Cyan (such as Meetra Surik's lightsaber)

Cyan w/ silvery glow (Mantle of the Force)

Electric Blue

Emerald (such as Jacen Solo's lightsaber before his ascension to Sith Lord)

Gold (such as Qu Rahn's lightsaber)

Gray

Green

Green, Dark

Green, Jade

Green, Light

Green, Sage (Rahm Kota's lightsaber)

Green w/ black core (Dahgee crystal)

Indigo

Lava (Lava crystal)

Magenta (such as Mara Jade Skywalker's lightsaber)

Orange (such as Kyle Katarn in 10 ABY or Freedon Nadd)

Pearl White (Krayt dragon pearl, Wisdom crystal)

Pewter(Raynar Thul's lightsaber)

Pink (Lambent)

Purple

Red (Darth Andeddu's Crystal, generic Sith/Dark Jedi lightsaber)

Red, w/ black core

Red, Blood (Qixoni crystal)

Red, Dark

Red, Light

Sapphire (Yarael Poof's lightsaber)

Scarlet (Depa Billaba's lightsaber)

Silver (Durindfire (crystal))

Silvery-blue

Silvery-green (Viridian crystal)

Teal (Sunrider's Destiny)

Transparent Blue (Pix's lightsaber)

Violet (such as Anakin Solo, Kyp Durron, and Jaina Solo's lightsabers)

Violet, Dark

Violet, Light

Viridian

White

Yellow (such as the new Impact Crystal, a Force Unleashed 2 Collectors Edition Exclusive, and Yun's lightsaber)

Yellow, Dark

Yellow, Light

Yellow-White (Nelani Dinn's lightsaber)

Yellowish-green (such as Ahsoka Tano's Shoto)

Yellowish-orange

Yellow w/ Black Core

Devs please print this list out and stick it on your fridge in the breakroom...you have plenty of options.

Can we keep the black core sabers, (less canon at least), to a minimum?

Edited by MetalHed

Also, has anyone else noticed our "Rakata Relics" that we can craft at 400 are only Columi rank? +72 Endurance and a relic hotbar bonus.

Ok, so apparently we can RE enhancement that come out of campaign gear with a 20% chance to get the schematics for those enhancements. I have only attempted to do this with 1 enhancement thus far (did not get the schematic), however, likely won't be doing this much as campaign gear is still extremely difficult to get and my guild still needs much of the gear itself. Never the less, we still cannot get schematics from Black Hole enhancements or War Hero enhancements. We also can get nothing from tionese, columi or rakata grade enhancements. I have a feeling that we may be able to RE the hilts, however, I do not have any campaign hilts yet and I know we cannot RE tionese, columi, or rakata grade hilts. I also imagine we may be able to RE campaign off hands (IE Power/Shield Generators) but again, I am only basing this off of being able to RE campaign enhancements for the schematics. BioWare, what is the harm in making tionese, columi, rakata and black hole grade enhancements, hilts and off-hands RE for a schematic? I would also like to see rakata grade black/blue and black/red cystal RE for schematics and PvP stuff as well. Give us something to contribute to the rest of the community.

Ok, so apparently we can RE enhancement that come out of campaign gear with a 20% chance to get the schematics for those enhancements. I have only attempted to do this with 1 enhancement thus far (did not get the schematic), however, likely won't be doing this much as campaign gear is still extremely difficult to get and my guild still needs much of the gear itself. Never the less, we still cannot get schematics from Black Hole enhancements or War Hero enhancements. We also can get nothing from tionese, columi or rakata grade enhancements. I have a feeling that we may be able to RE the hilts, however, I do not have any campaign hilts yet and I know we cannot RE tionese, columi, or rakata grade hilts. I also imagine we may be able to RE campaign off hands (IE Power/Shield Generators) but again, I am only basing this off of being able to RE campaign enhancements for the schematics. BioWare, what is the harm in making tionese, columi, rakata and black hole grade enhancements, hilts and off-hands RE for a schematic? I would also like to see rakata grade black/blue and black/red cystal RE for schematics and PvP stuff as well. Give us something to contribute to the rest of the community.

Personally, I'd never buy a version 24 or 25 mod when 23's are basically free from dailies and I could just save my cash to go straight to 26's from some crafter.

I find no problem with Artifice, Just cause they dont announce changes in the updates, you have to look at the end-game picture.

I have made lots of credits Selling RE 26 Enhancements, I am the only person in the server who can make a certain enhancement and it sells quick/fast. So its all about stacking those BH Coms, or BH Drops from EC and putting your crafting skill to use.

Yeah I have to agree that Artifice needs loads of attention. I was surprised at getting the level 50 magenta schematic drop a few days ago after not finding anything significant for weeks or months. Even trying to RE enhancements I get is pointless since you only get one or 2 enhancements to try.

A random thought occurred to me when looking at the above list of colours ...

To produce a crystal the current approach requires us to use (up to eight instances of) an appropriately coloured crystal or gem. However if we were allowed to mix and match coloured crystals (at level 50) we would suddenly have a lot more colours available without requiring a whole host of additional raw materials. Potentially it could be done simply by adding a special clear/colourless crystal (or gem) and a whole bunch of schematics and visual effects.

For example:

• 8 red = red
  • 4 red + 4 clear = maroon
  • 4 red + 4 green = yellow
  • 4 red + 3 green + 1 clear = amber
  • 4 red + 2 green + 2 clear = orange
  • 2 red + 1 green + 5 clear = brown
  • 4 red + 4 blue = magenta
  • 4 red + 2 blue + 2 clear = pink
  • 2 red + 2 blue + 4 clear = purple
  • 2 red + 4 blue + 2 clear = violet
  • etc.

Of course the above suggestion is flawed because it attempt to work with the current schematics which use 8 colour crystals/gems instead of 9 or 12 (which would allow for combinations like max red + max green + max blue = white) but it might be a step in the right direction.