does 1.4 have Terror From Beyond in group finder ?

mackerel

I asked Jesse Sky (Lead Flashpoints and Operations Designer) about when players can expect to see Terror from Beyond and Explosive Conflict in the Group Finder. He said it's definitely something we're planning to do, but had some information about why they aren't in quite yet:

Story Mode Explosive Conflict and Terror from Beyond are balanced for players in Columi gear, but we currently have no way to enforce or communicate the recommended power level. This could cause frustration for players who are undergeared, and would bog down the process of getting into the content, which is contrary to the purpose of the tool. Introducing either Op into the Group Finder would also mean rotating out Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace, so we want to make sure the timing and the rewards are right before we do this.

Why does that mean EV/KP have to be rotated out? Couldn't you just bump it up to HM EV and KP to put it on par with SM EC and TFB or even just add another slot to GF window like you did with LI being by itself?

why i asked the question in the first place is because i`m on 3 shift and cant find a guild in which i can fit in without missing ops .so the only way i get to see new ops is by group finder which seems to be pointless until you have a way of doing it. i thought that sm was for group finder that why it easy ?.i also know i can make a pug but due to my poor leadership skills and not knowing the fights first alway puts me off doing that.

Seriously, this gear separation has got to go. Nine months I have been playing this game and have done one, ONE, operation on eight characters because people will not take me due to my gear. That's discrimination in my book. So if I can run EC SM in my WH gear then I am going to be happy as hell.

Sorry, but people get raged at for wearing PVE gear in PVP/WZs all the time. Same difference. You shouldn't be able to wear WH gear into PVE and PVE gear shouldn't be worn in PVP. Just sayin'.

Just like a PVP relic should not be BIS for a PVE raider.

I'm personally tired of Bioware developing easier content for people that don't wanna work for it. Centurion, Champion, Battlemaster gear for one example, and now Black Hole tokens are given for sneezing. It's supposed to be an accomplishment not something that's handed to you by doing literally nothing. It's progression for a reason. Do the HM FPs and other OPs to get the appropriate gear.

Edited by xeraphyne

Here's my approach:

Tier 1 Ops: EV SM, KP SM, Tooltip: Balanced for beginning lvl 50 players in Recruit, Daily, or Tionese gear.

Tier 2 Ops: EV HM, KP HM, EC SM, TfB SM Tooltip: Balanced for players that have full Columi gear, and have good experience in ops mechanics.

Tier 3 Ops: EV NiM, KP NiM, EC HM, Tooltip: Balanced for players in mostly Rakata gear and that have great experience in these ops.

Tier 4 Ops: EC NiM, TfB HM: Balanced for players in full Campaign/BH gear that have great experience in ops.

they have explictly stated that HM LI was balanced for a group in Tionese

If groupfinder put me in LI HM and I was in Tionese, I'd probably get kicked by the rest of the group. I've seen it happen to others. They show up with 17K health and get booted. I'm a decent player, not amazing but definitely solid, and find it reasonably challenging in Rakata.

If you are saying it is balanced for this now, that is a lie. I went into it last night with everyone a mix of WH, Rakata, and BH and we weren't even able to down Zorn/Toth

If you're having trouble with Z/T in story mode, you need to look to the mechanics. The gear you describe should allow you to demolish SMEC if you know how to do the fights.

If groupfinder put me in LI HM and I was in Tionese, I'd probably get kicked by the rest of the group. I've seen it happen to others. They show up with 17K health and get booted. I'm a decent player, not amazing but definitely solid, and find it reasonably challenging in Rakata.

That's down to impatient players wanting a quick BH comms run than the gear and tuning tbh. I've done it with a guy at 14k hp while I was tanking in a mix of rakata tanking and warhero dps gear. Wasn't the fastest or smoothest run ever but he did ok. This is the "omg 15k hp guy in a WZ, quit and reque" mentality problem that BW can do nothing about.

Edited by aeterno

If you are saying it is balanced for this now, that is a lie. I went into it last night with everyone a mix of WH, Rakata, and BH and we weren't even able to down Zorn/Toth

You were overgeared for SM and you failed, I'd suggest looking at the 8 people sitting infront of their computers.

Gear does not

-use your correct rotation

-move you out of bad stuff

-tell you to stop attacking a boss cause you have a debuff

-Taunt mobs when needed

-Heal the right people

-Interupt attacks.

What gear does for you

-Gives you better stats.

All i have to say is I hope TFB is not on the group finder, because if you can't down SM EC you sure as hell won't be downing 1 boss in TFB. You now get a nicely nerfed SM EC to play with and when youre finally done with that im sure they will nerf TFB for you.

Thank goodness I will be seeing the next OP that you will complain about having no access too.

So just add a single solo-mission gearcheck requirement for these "special" ops.

Complete the mission, you qualify for the op? ...even better, add it to the dailies.

Gonna need more dailies anyway, going to these mega-servers.

On a side note: Did the dev really say they hardcoded only 2-slots to the LFG tool for story-mode ops??? Hail to the FAIL!!! nice work! :rolleyes:

My solution - Attunement, or a form of it.

Have a quest that requires downing Soa and Karagga (I would prefer HM, but I since HM EV/KP is supposed to also be for Columi geared people, that doesn't fit) to complete. Once it is done, the availability of SM EC/TfB GF is unlocked.

Have a quest that requires downing Soa and Karagga (I would prefer HM, but I since HM EV/KP is supposed to also be for Columi geared people, that doesn't fit) to complete. Once it is done, the availability of SM EC/TfB GF is unlocked.

I think this is a good idea.

This proves nothing. I can take a character in greens and go with guildies in rakata + gear and SM EV/KP is still a cakewalk.

This proves nothing. I can take a character in greens and go with guildies in rakata + gear and SM EV/KP is still a cakewalk.

If you can do ops with a guild, you don't really need to pug it in the group finder, now do you? And let's be realistic, a pug is more likely to kick you than carry you if you're way undergeared.

If you were pugging SM EC, would you rather have someone that had never completed EV/KP, or someone who had? And if you're never ever ever going to pug SM EC, why do you care about this solution anyway?

If you can do ops with a guild, you don't really need to pug it in the group finder, now do you? And let's be realistic, a pug is more likely to kick you than carry you if you're way undergeared.

If you were pugging SM EC, would you rather have someone that had never completed EV/KP, or someone who had? And if you're never ever ever going to pug SM EC, why do you care about this solution anyway?

Also, if I someone did SM EV/KP with a group that didn't need any Columi drops, they should be able to pick up several Columi pieces from it which will help them out for SM EC.

• 2 weeks later...
Never run EC in WH gear. The only people that can possibly get away with WH gear in PvE stuff are tanks. The expertise stats steal aggro so if you're running an instance that your guild is already finding hard the WH gear is going to make it worse. Seriously it's not that hard to gear up with groupfinder these days.

• 4 months later...