Juggernaut DPS

supson

Hey all, just wondering if Sith warrior juggernaut in a non-tank role is viable for PvE and PvP?

Does it compare to the marauder ie, any sort of damage the juggernaut can do, a marauder can do it better?

Will op / flashpoint heavy loots mostly be geared toward tank jugs, forcing dps to also compete with marauders for medium?

BIOWARe insists that all classes and roles will be equal in performance, all dps specs, tanks and heals, will be able to perform equally.

This. If it isn't within 5% it will be eventually. Undoubtedly one class will be the best potential dps at launch. That will change in the first patch, I'm sure.

I'm going Juggernaut dps :)

Hey all, just wondering if Sith warrior juggernaut in a non-tank role is viable for PvE and PvP?

Does it compare to the marauder ie, any sort of damage the juggernaut can do, a marauder can do it better?

Will op / flashpoint heavy loots mostly be geared toward tank jugs, forcing dps to also compete with marauders for medium?

While I played a Jugg in the first beta weekend, I found a nice set of DPS Heavy armor for the level by re modding. I see they are changing the modding system, so I dont know if you will still be able to do it. Crafted armor is the way to go if you can keep up with the mats. being able to send 3 of your non-used companions on gathering missions while you quest and level up is amazing.

I played a Juggernaught to 50 across 2 builds, and I can say that the dps specs (vengenance mostly, but rage as well) was inferior to the marauder in pure DPS. The statement that Bioware made about "all classes, builds will be viable" is simply not true, yet. I think eventually melee dps as a whole will catch up, but it simply will not function as well as a ranged dps spec, no matter which one it is.

I played both PVE and PVP, and although I would finish in the top 5 in the PVP stats (huttball mostly), I just felt that I couldn't hang with the rest of the classes. I will say that the DPS Jugg is fun to play in PVE though, well it was before the last 2 builds of beta when the upp'd the damage of NPC's by a lot, then I found that if i didn't have my healing companion I was toast.

BIOWARe insists that all classes and roles will be equal in performance, all dps specs, tanks and heals, will be able to perform equally.

Equal in performance? That's literally impossible unless the "tank/healer/dps" monikers are completely arbitrary. And if they aren't, pure dps classes are at a severe disadvantage.

Equal in performance? That's literally impossible unless the "tank/healer/dps" monikers are completely arbitrary. And if they aren't, pure dps classes are at a severe disadvantage.

That statement sounds very dumb to me if it is true. Saying that a pure DPS class will be equal to another Pure DPS class is ok (Like Marauder and Sniper)

But saying that a class that can fill both Tank and DPS or Heal and DPS can DPS as good as a pure dps class is dumb.

Dual Speccing would simply kill those class altogether, making them less versatile and overall uninteresting.

That statement sounds very dumb to me if it is true. Saying that a pure DPS class will be equal to another Pure DPS class is ok (Like Marauder and Sniper)

But saying that a class that can fill both Tank and DPS or Heal and DPS can DPS as good as a pure dps class is dumb.

Dual Speccing would simply kill those class altogether, making them less versatile and overall uninteresting.

They can't do both at the same time. BW has stated that all things being equal, they want people to choose their character based on story and game play, not some theoretical DPS or "hybrid tax." It's one of the worst features of WoW that is better off left to Blizzard.

Modern MMO design moves away from balancing 'classes' and towards balancing 'specs.'

A Vengeance Jugg will, eventually (balance is meh right now - as it always is at launch), be comparable to, say, a Carnage spec Mara. Whether you agree with that direction or not, Bioware has stated multiple times it's the goal (we aren't quite there yet though, certain specs are at a disadvantage.

Saying a Juggernaut shouldn't be a viable/comparable DPS'er to a Mara is akin to say that the Mara and the Sniper should be the best two DPS'ers in the game - since they are literally the only AC's SE side that don't have a secondary role available through a talent spec. Everyone else can either heal or tank, but can also DPS.

Mara and the Sniper have more utility/variety in the DPS role - but not necessarily more throughput (at least, that's the goal.)

They can't do both at the same time. BW has stated that all things being equal, they want people to choose their character based on story and game play, not some theoretical DPS or "hybrid tax." It's one of the worst features of WoW that is better off left to Blizzard.

The "hybrid tax" as a design goal has not existed for several expansion packs. One of the four 'pure dps' classes in that game (the rogue) is currently behind 4 "hybrids" in overall raid DPS (priest, druid, death knight, warrior).

But a Shadow Priest is just not a viable healer, just like a Vengeance Juggernaut is not a viable tank past very early levels.

I played a Juggernaught to 50 across 2 builds, and I can say that the dps specs (vengenance mostly, but rage as well) was inferior to the marauder in pure DPS. The statement that Bioware made about "all classes, builds will be viable" is simply not true, yet. I think eventually melee dps as a whole will catch up, but it simply will not function as well as a ranged dps spec, no matter which one it is.

I played both PVE and PVP, and although I would finish in the top 5 in the PVP stats (huttball mostly), I just felt that I couldn't hang with the rest of the classes. I will say that the DPS Jugg is fun to play in PVE though, well it was before the last 2 builds of beta when the upp'd the damage of NPC's by a lot, then I found that if i didn't have my healing companion I was toast.

I agree, I played Marauder in Beta and Juggernaut now, both up to level 20 and the damage I can deal with the Marauder is much better.

Modern MMO design moves away from balancing 'classes' and towards balancing 'specs.'

A Vengeance Jugg will, eventually (balance is meh right now - as it always is at launch), be comparable to, say, a Carnage spec Mara. Whether you agree with that direction or not, Bioware has stated multiple times it's the goal (we aren't quite there yet though, certain specs are at a disadvantage.

Saying a Juggernaut shouldn't be a viable/comparable DPS'er to a Mara is akin to say that the Mara and the Sniper should be the best two DPS'ers in the game - since they are literally the only AC's SE side that don't have a secondary role available through a talent spec. Everyone else can either heal or tank, but can also DPS.

Mara and the Sniper have more utility/variety in the DPS role - but not necessarily more throughput (at least, that's the goal.)

Agree. BW has stated that they want to make all specs able to perform equally at their chosen role. Whether it is a Merc/Healer or Agent/Healer for healing they will both be great healers, if it is a Jugg/DPS or Mara/DPS they will both be great DPS.

The goal is to make it so that the player can choose the class they want to play for the sake of the class. Otherwise everyone will just make whatever class is the best PvP class (at least for pure PvP'ers)

Also, I seem to feel like my Jugg is doing more dmg in PvP now, not sure if its just that I am being left alone as players focus on others or not, but I feel like I am taking enemy players down much faster than before. For a Jugg its still slow compared to others, but I am pleased with the apparent DPS boost.

Anyone else notice this?