Same Sex Romance / Legacy

Zeltenia

Why all the secrecy? Just let us know what / when your going to implement either ( or better yet both ) ?

I really hope next major patch / with in a few months ..

Because getting the legacy was a joke ~ yea I get a surname ...

I understand not telling everything before launch ,but that's over now ,time to step up and give REAL answers to what and when !!

p.s. still waiting on my female twi'lek sith warrior . . . .

• 6 months later...
Why all the secrecy? Just let us know what / when your going to implement either ( or better yet both ) ?

I really hope next major patch / with in a few months ..

Because getting the legacy was a joke ~ yea I get a surname ...

I understand not telling everything before launch ,but that's over now ,time to step up and give REAL answers to what and when !!

p.s. still waiting on my female twi'lek sith warrior . . . .

Like reported in many other threads, I think BW has bigger fish to fry. Also, they have to weigh the marketing advantage of implementing such content. They have to weigh the difference in revenue (yes, it is about the money) by adding the idea. As hard as it is to believe, there are gamers out there that strongly disagree and opposed to the concept and will actually leave the game because of the issue. So, the question is will they lose more subscribers by adding or not adding the content. Right now, I think there are far more issues that need be addressed to keep subscribers other than this topic. As for most gamers, I think they don't care one way or the other.:rak_03:

The same sex content in the other Bioware/Ea games didn't have an adverse effect on their sales, nor did the content in Skyrim (such as it is), the Sims, it won't here either.

At the end of the day, SGRAs are a staple of Bioware Games, unfortunately it seems Bioware Austin didn't get that memo.

Still, the content is coming, the annoying thing now is the wait and lack of info as to when and how.

As noted above, there is already a thread on this subject. Also, the BioWare staff has already stated that SGRA's will be implemented into the game at a later date. It is to be a Post-Launch feature. When it will be added to the game is still in debate, as there are many more urgent features that were to be added, updated and fixed. Such as the more recent patches with the Legacy System, Group Finder and such. I expect we may see it relatively soon now that some of the Bigger things are out of the way. They may still need touching up, but we have them now and a lot of people are happy.

Currently they are working fervently on new Fashpoints, Warzones and Operations for us to enjoy in the next patch, so I expect that SGRA's will be held off for a little longer. However I do believe we may see them before the end of this year. Right now we can only hope.

Also, if you want a Twi'lek warrior, you can get it via the Legacy system. you can either;

A: Level up a Twi'lek character up to lv50 to unlock the species for all classes

or

B: Earn your legacy and save 1.5million credits and pay to unlock the Species for all classes.

This is ridiculous.

Back in the day of Mario and sonic, there was no such thing as in-game romance. Romance needs to be taken out of games, because apparently some people only play for that part of the game, and others are to immature to handle it.

because apparently some people only play for that part of the game,

Incorrect.

If your assumption was valid, we'd all be off playing dating sims, we are not, we do however enjoy the romantic options that have been part of the BioWare storytelling mechanic since they began making these games. They are there for a reason, to get you emotionally invested in the characters and just as importantly, the story, going on in the game, without that investment, the game would be a failure(In some PoVs.), we want to partake in this investing, but can only do so in a heterosexual manner, something simply not the same.

Let me give you some perspective: I will make the rather large hypothetical scenario that you are a straight male and you want to partake in the romance options of this game, you wish to play a male, naturally, and in this hypothetical scenario the only romantic options are other males, because this game only has Same Sex Romances.

You are faced with three solutions:

You decide not to partake in this content, despite wanting to.

You re-roll as a female, to partake in Lesbian romances, despite wanting to play a male.

You ask for Opposite Sex Romances to be implemented at some point.

Reverse everything to how reality is, we face this same conundrum.

Edited by Rayla_Felana

The thing is, to the vast majority of people wanting the same sex romances in, they want it as more of a novelty, which means they won't necessarily leave without the implementation, but its something they'd "like" to have. I can just about guarantee 90% of it is guys wanting their jedi knight or bounty hunter to "do it" with kira or mako, respectively. The other side of the spectrum, people who are opposed to it, will likely leave the game if such a thing is implemented. Its quite a bit of a risk for them, in reality, and although they have a rather large following asking for it, the opposition is just as large, if not larger. Now, the rest of my post has been as an objective/economic side of things. I personally would leave this game if such a thing were implemented, as I am strongly against it.

The thing is, to the vast majority of people wanting the same sex romances in, they want it as more of a novelty, which means they won't necessarily leave without the implementation, but its something they'd "like" to have. I can just about guarantee 90% of it is guys wanting their jedi knight or bounty hunter to "do it" with kira or mako, respectively. The other side of the spectrum, people who are opposed to it, will likely leave the game if such a thing is implemented. Its quite a bit of a risk for them, in reality, and although they have a rather large following asking for it, the opposition is just as large, if not larger. Now, the rest of my post has been as an objective/economic side of things. I personally would leave this game if such a thing were implemented, as I am strongly against it.

Why would you leave the game over something that you wouldn't even know is therre if you don't take part in it? I think same sex relationships with companions should be a option for people to pursue if they WANT to. You may be against it but is it really a reason to leave the game? You aren't going to be forced to have your male smuggler hook up with Corso. You won't even realize SGRAs are there unless you actively pursue them.

I respect your stance on the matter but is it really that big a deal in a game? Have you played the Dragon Age or Mass Effect games? Have you played Jade Empie? If so then why would you quit this game over it? I honestly want to know.

Incorrect.

If your assumption was valid, we'd all be off playing dating sims, we are not, we do however enjoy the romantic options that have been part of the BioWare storytelling mechanic since they began making these games. They are there for a reason, to get you emotionally invested in the characters and just as importantly, the story, going on in the game, without that investment, the game would be a failure(In some PoVs.), we want to partake in this investing, but can only do so in a heterosexual manner, something simply not the same.

Let me give you some perspective: I will make the rather large hypothetical scenario that you are a straight male and you want to partake in the romance options of this game, you wish to play a male, naturally, and in this hypothetical scenario the only romantic options are other males, because this game only has Same Sex Romances.

You are faced with three solutions:

You decide not to partake in this content, despite wanting to.

You re-roll as a female, to partake in Lesbian romances, despite wanting to play a male.

You ask for Opposite Sex Romances to be implemented at some point.

Reverse everything to how reality is, we face this same conundrum.

Well, for me personally, If there was nothing but same sex romances in game, I would still partake in them for fun no matter what my actual sexuality is in real life. I can enjoy the game and keeping playing it even if it had nothing but homosexual love. To each his own I suppose, just think people need to lighten up, Bioware will add same sex romances in time.

Edited by cool-dude

Not entirely sure they said they were going to do it for every companion, so either way people may QQ about it. Believe they said somewhere, it would be more for new companions SSR now they could go back and tweak/edit the other companions but I don't see them doing it for all of them.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Same sex romances occur in real life as it has for as long as mankind - and animalkind - has existed. It's a perfectly natural part of life and existence as we know it. Being "against it" is similar to objecting to gravity...really rather pointless and as uninteresting and irrelevant as talking with someone who maintains that the Earth is flat.

Whether to put it into a game nor not, is a business decision. It's content like everything else and subject to a cost-benefit analysis.

This is a violent game...everyone is fighting and all the people in this imaginary galaxy is in mortal peril. A little romance - same sex or otherwise - is a good and creative counterpoint from a storytelling perspective.

In this game they have held true to the romance aspect with a tasteful attention to the attraction and the romance itself. I'm sure they will do a fine job on the same sex romance too.

Overall though, it would be nice if these relationships had a little more meaning. My one trooper character had a somewhat understated romance with the ship's medic and ended up marrying her. But after that occurred and the affection maxxed out, the whole relationship became completely irrelevant in the game.....

I have one question are there any same sex romance in the Star Wars movies that the game is based on??? If not then why put it in the game.

You assume not seeing = not happening. (And come on if C3-P0 wasn't meant to be gay... what the hell was he? British? please.)

Also, the canon itself has homosexual romances in it and you cannot argue from the stand point of the movies, as they are a tiny, albeit the most important, part of the Star Wars canon.