Tor-fashion.com, a community driven website to catalog high res orange armor looks

Iwipe

Funny i run across this thread now. Me and my husband have been working on taking pics of all the orange sets from Synthweaving and Armormech on both light and dark side to see the differences. Been a long slow trudge but finally finished my husbands Synthweaving pics and only have 2 sets left to go in Armormech and than they will be done.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny i run across this thread now. Me and my husband have been working on taking pics of all the orange sets from Synthweaving and Armormech on both light and dark side to see the differences. Been a long slow trudge but finally finished my husbands Synthweaving pics and only have 2 sets left to go in Armormech and than they will be done.

Awesome! Care to submit some of those screenshots? We could use them to finish up some of the collections :)

I find myself checking tor-fashion on a daily basis, it's truly a great resource. Hopefully BioWare will bless us with even more (and hopefully even cooler) orange armor in the near future, including some stylish headgear that won't make me hide it.

I am going to try to have a decent completion rate for the armor sets and then open it up for weapons and mix/match pieces that are not part of the same set so people can show off their looks etc :)

I can't wait for mix/match. I hate sets. I like making my own look. 1.3 will help with that. For that I would love to be able to search for slot (head...) and type (heavy...). For the mix and match part, do you plan on having pictures of just that armor piece? What I like to do is remove all pieces but the one I'm looking at. It will allow me to see just how it will look by itself. Are screenshots like that of value? (When we get to mix/match phase)

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great website, but the medium armor makes me want to cry. Only 2 of 10 possible armors my Jedi can wear are without the hood up.

And what REALLY ticks me off is that there are NPCs with the other armor sets who have the hood down. I've seen them. So why can't WE have the hood down? Argh!

Anyone got an idea where I can get this headgear from? Screenshot is taken from a NPC in a republic story instance on Quesh, so no idea if it is even obtainable for a (republic) player.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/screenshot2012061514451.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/402/screenshot2012061514451.jpg/

That mask looks similar to the Imperial Containment Officer outfit during the rakghoul event http://tor-fashion.com/2012/04/26/imperial-containment-officer/ but I am not sure how Republic players can get a hold of that look :(

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
One suggestion I would make. Add a feature that lets you isolate Republic and Empire outfits. As sending gear from one side to the other changes the appearance. Going "hey that would look good on my Smuggler" is annoying after I keep clicking outfits to discover they're Empire Only

One suggestion I would make. Add a feature that lets you isolate Republic and Empire outfits. As sending gear from one side to the other changes the appearance. Going "hey that would look good on my Smuggler" is annoying after I keep clicking outfits to discover they're Empire Only

If you click on 'armormech' at the top, it will break down sets by faction, including showing the different appearances for sets that can be worn by either side.

Clicking on 'synthweaving' does the same for those outfits.

If you click on 'armormech' at the top, it will break down sets by faction, including showing the different appearances for sets that can be worn by either side.

Clicking on 'synthweaving' does the same for those outfits.

true, but that only covers crafted gear

• 2 months later...

Indeed, when I try to access the website I get this warning from Google telling me not to go there due to the suspicion that this site is laced with malicious software. This is the information Google provided concerning your website:

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for tor-fashion.com

What is the current listing status for tor-fashion.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 7 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 16 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 10 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-28, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2012-12-23.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26496 (PAH).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, tor-fashion.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Not like the site was actually being maintained. Pretty upsetting because it was a very cool site that many people enjoyed browsing. I even sent some sets in months ago that were never uploaded. Maybe someone else will care and create a new site just like this one.

It wouldn't be too difficult to do - a basic PHP site with categories and submission forms.

The hard part would be having someone maintain it once it's built - it would take a lot of moderation. S'one of the reasons I never made a site like this myself - got the skillset, but not the time.

Hey guys. I made a thread about the "Containing Malicious software" thing and Dulfy said that the site is fine but the ads on the site where causing the issues. She has brought the issue to google's attention to get it unflagged. Just so you know. :) Edited by TrumpetNut

Hey guys. I made a thread about the "Containing Malicious software" thing and Dulfy said that the site is fine but the ads on the site where causing the issues. She has brought the issue to google's attention to get it unflagged. Just so you know. :)

TBH, I think Dulfy is awsome, but I also think she needs to boot the advertisers that are causing the problem because who the hell is going to take a chance that it's not something that will download into their computer? Google says malware, I believe them, I'm not even going to give my anti-virus software the chance block it. May as well just take the site down if you're not she's not going to police the ads on it any better than that.

Hey guys. I made a thread about the "Containing Malicious software" thing and Dulfy said that the site is fine but the ads on the site where causing the issues. She has brought the issue to google's attention to get it unflagged. Just so you know. :)

Thanks for the update. In the meantime, is there any other website out there that does the same thing. TOR-Fashion.com was the only website I've found (so far) that has a browsable database of outfits like this.

• 1 month later...

FYI, now it's being block by the Department of Defense :p

"If you are receiving this message, the IP address of the information system you are trying to reach is currently being blocked by DREN. This block may be an individual IP address block based on a security event, or the IP address you are trying to reach is part of a DoD mandated IP address block of a much larger network of which the IP address you are trying to reach is part of."