What species can mingle?

JJDrakken

Same question applies to the Mirialan.

I've been writing a story about my Mirialan smuggler so I've been reading about the Mirialans. There's not much information about them, but according to some sources their skin is green because the sun on their home planet, Mirial, emits radiation. Other than that, yeah...they are essentially an offshoot of humans, a subspecies.

Canon is iffy about whether or not they can have hybrid children with humans; I know some people have gotten the adoption talk with LI companions (I did) and others have not. Someone else here mentioned that their Mirialan knight said to Doc that they might not be genetically compatible, so I took that to mean that some Mirialan-human couples can have kids naturally and some can't, but it's not an all or nothing sort of thing.

i've figured at best things will go naturally between my agent and vector. if not, the next plan would be to see if lokin could do some minor tweaking with hormones and immunity supressors if the chiss body rejects the human esscences, or some mild genetic tweaking to stabilise some of the key biological funtions if they conflicted . at worst lokin could take a clone of the agent, knock out some superficial genes, mostly cosmetic ones ( facial features, hair colour, ect) and replace them with the corresponding genes from vector, to mimic what it would be like if they had a child ( his facial features, his hair colour, ect, it's been proven human offspring generally inherit more asthetic traits from thier fathers, an evolututionary trick to reassure the resident male that the children are in fact his, and thus promote his support in thier rearing), or get her sith friend to help out alchemically if all else fails.

i've figured at best things will go naturally between my agent and vector. if not, the next plan would be to see if lokin could do some minor tweaking with hormones and immunity supressors if the chiss body rejects the human esscences, or some mild genetic tweaking to stabilise some of the key biological funtions if they conflicted . at worst lokin could take a clone of the agent, knock out some superficial genes, mostly cosmetic ones ( facial features, hair colour, ect) and replace them with the corresponding genes from vector, to mimic what it would be like if they had a child ( his facial features, his hair colour, ect, it's been proven human offspring generally inherit more asthetic traits from thier fathers, an evolututionary trick to reassure the resident male that the children are in fact his, and thus promote his support in thier rearing), or get her sith friend to help out alchemically if all else fails.

lol I love it! You have it all planned out :p

Nothing wrong with that, I love bio. I find it fascinating, all of this genetics stuff. Don't think its going to help me with a Cathar, though. haha.

just go to the local spca to fix that need to hear the pitter patter of little feet ;)

um... the wiki says chiss mature faster, aka physically adult at young tweens, but still live relatively average lifespans. also a resilliant metabolism and slightly taller /more lithe than humans. thier cold, pragmatic attitude is speculated to be more nurture than nature.

i've pondered the issues of chiss/human hybrids in regards to the maturation rate- what if some genetic markers for when to start growing X functions are human, while Y functions are chiss. you might have periods where the skeletal system might not accomidate muscle and organ growth ( theres a condition i know where the skull refuses to grow in children, and the brain gets compromised due to no room, forget what it is)

then theres emotional conflicts that can occur too. but that goes without saying, if you were raised on the agent's ship ;)

one example of the growth markers conflicting is the liger ( lion father, tiger mother) where normally the growth controlling genes are in the lioness, but are not present in a tigress, so ligers are often born with gigantism, while tigons ( tiger father, lion mother) are smaller than both parents.

other issues of hybridisation are sterility in the hybrid offspring. mules ( horse x donkey) are sterile. i doubt my 2nd gen half chiss will breed anyways, as half chiss you can pass off with black hair and pale skin, but 1/4 chiss just... is more human than chiss, and i don't roll humans when given the choice ;)

but the infertility is often more prevalent in male hybrids, with females sometimes successfully breeding with one or the other parent species ( so lets say youd never see a male liger siring children with a female liger, but a female liger could have cubs with a lion or a tiger )

Well, some have hypothesized that Raina Temple has some Chiss in her... and with my Agent's Raina Temple, they would be right. ;)

I can be downright suggestive sometimes. :D

Human and Sith have been known to interbred. Most powerful Sith such as Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh were all human-sith hybrids. Over the centuries the pureblood Sith disappeared in this process. Though a some small percentage of SIth genes remained in the humans whose distant ancestors we hybrids (this is even mentioned in Foundary flahspoint). Edited by Path-x

Well, some have hypothesized that Raina Temple has some Chiss in her... and with my Agent's Raina Temple, they would be right. ;)

I can be downright suggestive sometimes. :D

This really did make me lol. Sometimes even the gutter is too clean for my terrible little mind. haha :D On that note...no - I will keep that to myself! Carry on.

Edited by Taalbert

She is not, though. The impression that I got was that that was a special arrangement made by her father pulling some strings.

Just being on Csilia was a special arrangement by her father of pulling strings. (Non-Chiss, even "biological" Chiss who've been exiled, aren't allowed on Csilia, without special string pulling. It's the arrangement they made with the Empire.) With that said, I'm fairly sure that when you meet her, she tells you that she's Chiss. (At which point you can be like, "***, lady. You're light brown, not blue. You are SO not Chiss! I'm Chiss!" And she'll explain something like, "Well, I was adopted into a Chiss family, so I'm Chiss. Nyah, nyah, nyah." Okay, it's more polite than that, but still...she does claim to be Chiss.)

I graduated to the sewer a long time ago, as far as my mind goes. xD

Well good. Glad I am not the only one, then. :)

I am not sure that my character's lifestyle would be very suitable for a baby. All that killing, and saving the galaxy, and important stuff like that. So we can still um, do the deed, but biologically cannot breed. And that suits my character just fine right now. Plus my crew would make terrible babysitters.

Human and Sith have been known to interbred. Most powerful Sith such as Marka Ragnos, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh were all human-sith hybrids. Over the centuries the pureblood Sith disappeared in this process. Though a some small percentage of SIth genes remained in the humans whose distant ancestors we hybrids (this is even mentioned in Foundary flahspoint).

Well then the question is, would the offspring still be Sith or Human from a game play perspective.? For more thought, could 2 siblings each have traits of one of the parents where one "looks" like a "Pureblood" Sith and another completely "normal" Human?

Well this post went wild, lol.

Lets say my Cybernetic Agent wanted to start wee ones with Kaliyo(I know right?), then I make new toon to link into the family tree.

Should it be Rattaki? Human? These things bug me, that's all.

JJ

According to the latest canon on the Star Wars wiki, Rattataki are noted as unable to breed with humans without gene modification. Now whether Kaliyo would even be willing to have a kid is another world entirely, but in this case if you did some gene splicing in theory you could make the kid human or Rattataki since its an artificial birth to begin with.

Well good. Glad I am not the only one, then. :)

I am not sure that my character's lifestyle would be very suitable for a baby. All that killing, and saving the galaxy, and important stuff like that. So we can still um, do the deed, but biologically cannot breed. And that suits my character just fine right now. Plus my crew would make terrible babysitters.

I dunno. Vector would make a good babysitter for me and Raina's little smurfs. So would Doc Lokin, for that matter. Kaliyo is the crazy aunt, and SCORPIO is... well.... SCORPIO.

According to the latest canon on the Star Wars wiki, Rattataki are noted as unable to breed with humans without gene modification. Now whether Kaliyo would even be willing to have a kid is another world entirely, but in this case if you did some gene splicing in theory you could make the kid human or Rattataki since its an artificial birth to begin with.

Hrmm, ok. Maybe I'll do adopted kids then or something. Since my Warrior & Jaesa are couple, that's easy, both humans. My Sorc is Pureblood, should be easy for that one(ok maybe not, stupid Ashara.), & my Twi'lek seems destined with Twi'leks. :p

JJ

Well then the question is, would the offspring still be Sith or Human from a game play perspective.? For more thought, could 2 siblings each have traits of one of the parents where one "looks" like a "Pureblood" Sith and another completely "normal" Human?

I would imagine that they would look more like the Sith Purebloods. As was mentioned, Naga Sadow and Ludo Kressh were 'hybrids' and they looked like Purebloods. The 'Pureblood' moniker itself seems to be more geared toward looks than actual bloodline, since the Dark Jedi outcasts that originally conquered Korriban intermingled with Sith quite frequently (usually unofficially). If you read The Lost Tribe of the Sith series, you get an idea of how the Dark Jedi humans wanted to keep their human look (and therefore their dominant 'Dark Jedi' stature) by keeping the breeding between humans.

Seelah Korsin was secretly disposing of any viable infants that looked to be too Sith in an effort to show that the Sith couldn't survive on the planet where they crashlanded. The Massassi already died off due to some unknown factor, so she was trying to equate the Sith to a lower stature similar to the Massassi.

So I would say that they would both look more Sith than human. The sith features are probably more dominant genetically :)

Edited by MammonHoole
Adding info

Well from a roleplay perspective, if you wanted to make an offspring of your Sith and Human parents it would be the best to make a character Sith Pureblood with a fair skin colour (light orange) and as few sith additions as possible. While the pure Sith have red skin colour.

I usually go with the easiest thing to do in the game since we can't make official half breeds. My agent and Vector's daughter is half human and half Chiss. But since I can't make an actual half human/half Chiss character, she's completely Chiss (via the selection thing I mean).

She has her mother's coloring, facial features, and makeup, but her hair is black instead of that light blue color. She has freckles like her mother, but she has the all over freckles while her mother has just the cheek freckles. The all over freckles and facial features she got from her mother make her look completely naive and innocent compared to her mother.

My agent:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/portercm/Screenshot_2012-04-07_11_50_09_410382.jpg

Her daughter:

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a214/portercm/Screenshot_2012-04-29_16_27_23_189129.jpg

You can see the similarities and also the differences.

This was as close as I wanted to get to making her half human. Wanted to show her mother in her without making her too different. In my head though, she looks more like Vector in the face.