5.5 Fleet DPS Parses

Cuiwe

So, I decided to try some Disciplines out on Gav Daragon. These are results from lvl 70 characters using a bolsterizer with lvl 65 greens. But don't mind the level of AMEs, but rather the consistency of results. And here are my findings:

GUARDIAN:

Vigilance: 7000 - 7400 dps.

Focus: 7100 - 7700 dps.

SENTINEL:

Watchman: 7200 dps

Combat: n / a (I ... can't do this)

Concentration: 7400-7800 dps

SAGE:

Telekinectics: 6650 dps(6500 - 6800 dps)

Balance: 7000 - 7300 dps

SHADOW:

n/a

COMMANDO:

n/a

VANGUARD:

Tactics: 6750 dps

PlasmaTech: 6250 dps

GUNSLINGER:

Sharpshooter: 8000 - 8200 dps

Saboteur: 7600 dps

Dirty Fighting: ~7400 dps

SCOUNDREL:

n/a

I'll edit further this post as I finish the tests and with further commentaries. Some of these are...interesting to say at least.

Edited by Cuiwe

lvl 70 characters using a bolsterizer with lvl 65 greens.

And the point of this is?

Your numbers are already quite off from real parse DPS distribution, don't bother with other specs, mate, seriously.

And we can't even know if your rotations were good at all or not.

Edited by Equeliber

And the point of this is?

Your numbers are already quite off from real parse DPS distribution, don't bother with other specs, mate, seriously.

And we can't even know if your rotations were good at all or not.

Hey! No need to be rude, obnoxious, condescending and commanding! It'll accomplish nothing.

If you want to know, I used the rotations from dulfy swtor. They usually work, so I don't doubt they did here as well.

And about "not enough iLvl" complaint: I've a hunch that the only thing that would change are the numbers, the orderings would stay the same.

GUNSLINGER:

Sharpshooter: 8000 - 8200 dps

Saboteur: 7500 dps

Dirty Fighting: ~7400 dps

I'll edit further this post as I finish the tests and with further commentaries. Some of these are...interesting to say at least.

Just the slingers parses tell me that no matter how good your intentions, your rotations and APMs on the different specs are probably suspect. Sabo and Dirty Fighting deal at least 3-4% more than ss/mm when parses properly.

Maybe these "tests" are an accurate reflection of a casual player dabbling with different specs but these show nothing for raiders who have mastered their respective specs and know from parsing experience what the cap on damage output for their spec is.

Just the slingers parses tell me that no matter how good your intentions, your rotations and APMs on the different specs are probably suspect. Sabo and Dirty Fighting deal at least 3-4% more than ss/mm when parses properly.

Maybe these "tests" are an accurate reflection of a casual player dabbling with different specs but these show nothing for raiders who have mastered their respective specs and know from parsing experience what the cap on damage output for their spec is.

But how is it possible? Maybe set procs or something(I don't have those).

I ran it multiple times. Every single time, SS beat Sab and DF soundly. At one point I even had like 9000 dps parse on SS.

And I don't aim for "mastery". Because I don't even raid(pointless run on the treadmill). But using what others suggest, this is what happens. Also, they are very much dummy tests(who cares about those, real situations matter). And even in a real situation, top of the line performance isn't really needed(even on NiM).

But I'm doing this mostly for myself. I wanted to share, but..."**** other people"(Sartre paraphrased), right?

But how is it possible? Maybe set procs or something(I don't have those).

I ran it multiple times. Every single time, SS beat Sab and DF soundly. At one point I even had like 9000 dps parse on SS.

And I don't aim for "mastery". Because I don't even raid(pointless run on the treadmill). But using what others suggest, this is what happens. Also, they are very much dummy tests(who cares about those, real situations matter). And even in a real situation, top of the line performance isn't really needed(even on NiM).

But I'm doing this mostly for myself. I wanted to share, but..."**** other people"(Sartre paraphrased), right?

well ss is an easier rotation to do than the other 2 all I know that in terms of "average" on parsely df and eng's average and max dps on dummy is somewhat higher than ss. it is easier to get good results with it out of the gate while the other two especially df require some practice to get a really high parse.

http://parsely.io/parser/stats

If you are looking at Starparse DPS when combat ends then every single DoT spec will be underperforming on your tests. Dummies on Fleet don't have fixed HP - that's the issue. So they don't die. When you stop hitting them as a Dot spec, the DoTs still tick for like 10 seconds depending on duration left. Starparse still counts the DPS but you basically do no DPS in these last seconds.

But for Burst specs combat ends almost instantly after you stop fighting. So burst specs will almost always be better than DoT in your tests.

Another thing, you are not using all the raid debuffs, so specs like Lightning are underperforming in your tests because of no Armor reduction debuff which is huge for them.

And lastly, without seeing the logs we just need to "trust" that you perform well with every single spec? Even if you learned the rotation from dulfy how can we know if you deliver the right APM?

Sorry but again, these tests are useless.

Edited by Equeliber

I don't think that you should draw any conclusions at all from these results, apart from perhaps that you need to familiarize yourself with the classes, rotations and how parsing works. That said, there is always a need for more people to involve themselves with theorycrafting and maybe as you start learning the basics and become more knowledgeable you can make a valuable contribution :jawa_angel:

Hey! No need to be rude, obnoxious, condescending and commanding! It'll accomplish nothing.

If you want to know, I used the rotations from dulfy swtor. They usually work, so I don't doubt they did here as well.

And about "not enough iLvl" complaint: I've a hunch that the only thing that would change are the numbers, the orderings would stay the same.

Well his avatar is HK, so we can "infer" where he gets his attitude from. :sul_wink:

Hehe, I'm just playing. :)

Edited by doohickeyexpress

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I can't seem to handle Sentinel Disciplines properly. Watchman simply can't be as low as 7200 dps here and Concentration could be better, yes. My average is 7600(7550 tbh), but if I concentrated better( ;) ), this could go up to 8000 yes. Concerning Combat...nope. Perhaps after 5,6. I can't control this "rotation" / "build"...it's spamming. I guess that ultra hyper ADHD crowd LOVES Combat. Why don't they make Precision a 2s window...( >.> ). Post 5,6 should be just playable to me.

I still don't get why Sharpshooter pulls the dps it does...

Edited by Cuiwe

I still don't get why Sharpshooter pulls the dps it does...

2 reasons:

1) Easiest rotation of the 3 to optimize.

2) It has an armor debuff and a debuff that increases ranged damage taken which are the 2 best debuffs for sharpshooter. The debuffs that the other 2 specs get are not nearly as strong for that particular spec. (df increases internal/elemental damage taken, sab increases aoe damage taken, both get the increase to ranged damage taken).

2 reasons:

1) Easiest rotation of the 3 to optimize.

2) It has an armor debuff and a debuff that increases ranged damage taken which are the 2 best debuffs for sharpshooter. The debuffs that the other 2 specs get are not nearly as strong for that particular spec. (df increases internal/elemental damage taken, sab increases aoe damage taken, both get the increase to ranged damage taken).

Yeah, it is easy. You basically go Ambush -> Volley of Series -> 2x Snipe -> Ambush -> Series -> 2x Sniper -> ...

While maintaining Dart(doesn't belong thematically in this Discipline, but...debuff) and using Followthrough.

But I don't see it as easier than Engineering or Dirty Fighting.

Engineering is like Flyby -> Explosive -> Series -> EMP block -> Series -> Filler Block -> Repeat

While Dirty is like DoT block -> Cull -> Takedown -> 2x Lethal -> ... ... I can't remember in detail. It's fairly obvious while playing.

Gunslinger / Sniper is fun in general. Scoundrel / Operative could be, but meh.

Yeah, it is easy. You basically go Ambush -> Volley of Series -> 2x Snipe -> Ambush -> Series -> 2x Sniper -> ...

While maintaining Dart(doesn't belong thematically in this Discipline, but...debuff) and using Followthrough.

But I don't see it as easier than Engineering or Dirty Fighting.

Engineering is like Flyby -> Explosive -> Series -> EMP block -> Series -> Filler Block -> Repeat

While Dirty is like DoT block -> Cull -> Takedown -> 2x Lethal -> ... ... I can't remember in detail. It's fairly obvious while playing.

Gunslinger / Sniper is fun in general. Scoundrel / Operative could be, but meh.

Basically you are wrong about Sabo/Engi... Rotation is maybe easy but it requires tons on focus to clipping Speed Shot, property usage of Fly/Orbital, proper usage of LT and TA and adrenal. Not mention of property stats distribution because they are bit different in comparing to MM/SS and V/DF