just something i would like someone to help me with

badou

So in lightning tree chain lightning does more dmg on stat than death field but death fields crit power is increased by 30% and chain lightnings by 50%.Yet on some tests i made death field on live does more dmg or about the same as chain lightning.how on earth is that possible?i dont understand it really.If anyone have ever seen it or test it pliz tell me what is going on.TY:cool:

Death field's damage is internal, meaning it cannot be mitigated by armor or any other stat. You will always get higher crits with Death Field than Chain Lightning. In PvE, crits of 5-6k are quite common.

I wouldn't say that is completely true. On 1.7 I have had chain lightning crits in pvp for 5.8k , which is not to mention the forked lightning proc . On average my death field doesn't hit nearly as hard in 7/3/31 as chain lightning in 7/32/2. It just depends on the armor of the target and any corresponding armor debuffs they may have. Death Field might hit more consistently high, but on medium and light armor targets chain lightning can definitely hit harder.

I wouldn't say that is completely true. On 1.7 I have had chain lightning crits in pvp for 5.8k , which is not to mention the forked lightning proc . On average my death field doesn't hit nearly as hard in 7/3/31 as chain lightning in 7/32/2. It just depends on the armor of the target and any corresponding armor debuffs they may have. Death Field might hit more consistently high, but on medium and light armor targets chain lightning can definitely hit harder.

I's love to see some parses showing chain lightning hitting as hard as Death Field. I've personally never seen that happen. Then again, it has been a while since I've run a full lightning build.

But, in answer to the OPs question, the internal damage is the reason why Death Field ends up hitting harder in most cases.

I's love to see some parses showing chain lightning hitting as hard as Death Field. I've personally never seen that happen. Then again, it has been a while since I've run a full lightning build.

But, in answer to the OPs question, the internal damage is the reason why Death Field ends up hitting harder in most cases.

you have to have the 10% extra aoe damage from the corruption tree, otherwise you are correct.