[Seeking Advice] HM EC, DPSing Toth and Zorn too fast?

Hey everyone,

So I know Terror from Beyond is the cool thing nowadays, but my guild has just recently started working on Explosive Conflict Hard Mode. We're reasonably well geared in mostly Rakata and a mix of Black Hole gear. In our last attempts at Toth and Zorn, we discovered we might be doing DPS too quickly, because our tanks still had residual "Fearful" debuff even when it was time to tank swap back to Zorn.

How do well geared guilds handle this encounter? Do they slow DPS at a set point? I am one of the tanks and if I have a lingering Fearful debuff, all I can do to keep their attention is use my single target taunt or AE taunt, but once those are used I have to deal with cooldowns.

I guess maybe a more appropriate question is, if you tank swap and still have the Fearful debuff, do the tanks just stand there and use taunts only until the debuff fades? Or do you try to avoid this situation in the first place?

Thanks for any advice!

Just stand there taunt and take it. Make sure you don't attack zorn. This is normal. Wait till you're in full 63 gear and you burn down toth all the way and then just kite zorn around and taunting him back and forth for fun while he's soft enraged.

You and your guild will enjoy HM EC take your time with it and farm it. It's a good ops! Then move onto TFB HM etc.

Good luck!

All you need to do is taunt, and wait out the 10 to 15 seconds for fearful to drop. I bet you are most likely experiencing this mid fight, after a few tank swaps already right? Meaning you already have a very large amount of threat compared to the dps from the boost to threat from tank swapping.

Hey there

As one of the main tanks and Raid Leader of my guild, I have encountered this "problem" every time since our dps got "too high" for this bossfight. It's not really a problem, you already stated you are aware of having the debuff, which is the first step, second is standing there looking like an idiot doing nothing for 6-10 seconds. U should be fine during this phase because your taunt lasts 6 seconds, and incase you do lose him, u have your backup aoe taunt ready.

Hope this helps, if you have any further questions feel free to pm me, might not keep track of this thread.

-SnipeAlott

How do well geared guilds handle this encounter? Do they slow DPS at a set point?

We have to hold our ****s for like 15% of the fight because of the pushes associated with the boss percentages. The easiest thing to do (for us at least) is to hold dps and allow fearful debuffs to fall off. This also usually coincides with the Baradium bolder that dispels Toth's enrage, which we also have to hold dps for. There's typically a new ability used every 10%.