PVP Gear Question

sadrhino

Hello,

Sorry if this is a stupid one... Is the concept of PVP gear that you only wear it in PVP? Or is it just really good overall gear? Like I notice before you get to 50, there's pvp armor/weapons vendor that sell what looks like regular weapons and armor.

If you wear your PVP gear during PVE does it not work or something?

The stuff you get from the vendors before lvl 50 is the same as PvE gear. The level 50 and up PvP armor has an extra stat called expertise on it. This stat is a direct increase to damage and reduction to dmg received during PvP.

The gear still works fine in PvE, but the expertise will do nothing, And because some of the item's stat budget is used for expertise, the other stats will be lower than a pure PvE piece of the same item level. (typically)

Edited by aarka

The lower level PVP is very good for any use.

At higher levels, you'll see more expertise on the gear. This is a useless stat for PVE, so the more of it the worse the gear is for PVE (but better it is for PVP...in general).

The recruit gear (L50 PVP gear you can buy with credits) is fairly decent fresh L50 gear. It's good enough to do most of the initial L50 stuff if you know what you're doing.

BM PVP gear is roughly equivalent to PVE columi gear.

That being said, in full augmented battle master, I haven't had any trouble doing nearly all of the HM Flashpoints. Some of the later ones get really tricky, but I've done basically ever HM Flashpoint in PvP gear so far.