All my incomplete achievements reset today

jade_de_aguilera

The bug is completely reproducible.

Complete 1 event mission, i guess any. In our case - Experimental Bounds.

The next char you login (not logged today) all incomplete achievements (not conquest general) are reset ......... come on !!!!

Edited by jade_de_aguilera

I confirm, the latest patch introduced a new bug probably related to conquest. After you complete a Gree daily mission ("Experimental bounds" in my case) and relog to a new toon, the progress on ALL your achievements which are not completed is reset.

For example, before the relog I had 34423/50000 players killed for "I Am Death Incarnate" achievement. After the relog I have 0/50000 now (I can prove this with screenshots, see the links below the post). The already completed achievements stay - for example I still have Manhunter achievement for killing 10000 people. The bug is reproducible.

The achievement before doing the Gree mission and relog: https://ibb.co/gEdMon

The achievement after doing the Gree mission and relog: https://ibb.co/k0RGon

Please fix the title so it has a chance to be found ('incomplete' and 'reset').

Awesome bug. I have the 5000 kills in Black Hole achievement, the next higher one stands at 0/10000.

GSF progress, flashpoint progress, planetary progress... I don't even want to estimate how much progress I lost.

Ciao, Aronis!

• Dev Post
I am really sorry, nobody can fix title once posted.

I was upset and angry. Have noticed mistakes right away, but cannot change it .. :(

I had the title fixed. This is a very serious issue and we're working on a resolution right now. The goal is to match up your achievements before the patch and merge them with the progress you made after 5.9.

Our plan is to have this resolved today for anyone impacted. It'll require us to bounce the servers (essentially take them offline for a short-period, make the change, and restart). Once we have those details, we'll add the downtime information to the SWTOR Launcher.

We have Game Update 5.9.1 scheduled for May 22, 2018 where will be addressing other issues you may have encountered with 5.9.

Sorry this happened and caused you so much frustration. We'll get it resolved as soon as we can.

Respectfully,

--Keith-

Thanks for the fast reply, and that you are able to fix it today and restore all achievements! Having a downtime during EU primetime, especially on a Friday, is always frustrating, but fixing this bug is more important. Edited by Jerba

We have Game Update 5.9.1 scheduled for May 22, 2018 where will be addressing other issues you may have encountered with 5.9.

22nd? disavowed can't be started for me and many others after 5.9 and you want to wait till 22nd?

• Dev Post
22nd? disavowed can't be started for me and many others after 5.9 and you want to wait till 22nd?
We're looking into your particular issue to see if we can resolve it for you. It looks like it's related to you completing Nathema and repeating Chapter 11 of KOTFE. We'll figure it out and get back to you.

Keith

I had the title fixed. This is a very serious issue and we're working on a resolution right now. The goal is to match up your achievements before the patch and merge them with the progress you made after 5.9.

Our plan is to have this resolved today for anyone impacted. It'll require us to bounce the servers (essentially take them offline for a short-period, make the change, and restart). Once we have those details, we'll add the downtime information to the SWTOR Launcher.

Sorry this happened and caused you so much frustration. We'll get it resolved as soon as we can.

Respectfully,

--Keith-

Thank you for the quick reply and for sharing our feelings on the seriousness of the issue. Appreciate you getting back to us on this

Any additional information yet? Primetime ist starting in Europe and we scheduled a Timed Run attempt this raid night.

We're looking into your particular issue to see if we can resolve it for you. It looks like it's related to you completing Nathema and repeating Chapter 11 of KOTFE. We'll figure it out and get back to you.

Keith

Keith, that ^ "repeating" thing has caused other issues before, no? Like mentioned in these other threads...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=943275

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948653

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948650

... or is that totally un-related? (Seems similar, in that player's 'Chapter' progress isn't fully being calculated/recongnized? )

Also: any chance the forum Mods can just merge both of these same topic threads...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948625

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948618

... Thanks!

Edited by Nee-Elder

Respectfully,

--Keith-

Awesome! Thanks for addressing!

Keith

i am 100% sure that my achievements at Star Forge Legacy have reset while i was doing Nathema flashpoint in veteran mode, my Legacy at Darth Malgus seems not to be affected and i did there yesterday Nathema in solo/story mode and well as repeating chapter IX kofte and doing chapters I-IX on char that havent done them before

• Dev Post

Here's the latest information - Our priority focus is to resolve the issue related to the resetting of achievements. After that is deployed through a short downtime later today (it's being verified right now) and we know we've resolved the issue, we'll begin working on retrieving past achievement progress and, where possible (my disclaimer), add progress made since 5.9, for players who experienced this issue. You do not need to submit a Customer Service ticket!

Please note this will not be resolved and deployed until next week at the earliest, as we need adequate time to validate your data will be properly restored.

We'll keep you apprised.

---Keith

Here's the latest information - Our priority focus is to resolve the issue related to the resetting of achievements. After that is deployed through a short downtime later today (it's being verified right now) and we know we've resolved the issue, we'll begin working on retrieving past achievement progress and, where possible (my disclaimer), add progress made since 5.9, for players who experienced this issue. You do not need to submit a Customer Service ticket!

Please note this will not be resolved and deployed until next week at the earliest, as we need adequate time to validate your data will be properly restored.

We'll keep you apprised.

---Keith

Just to be clear. Today (hopefully, with all disclaimers) you guys will bring down the servers and patch the bug (resetting achievements) so it stops happening. But today's fix won't include restoration of post-5.9 progress that might be lost or of the reset achievements - that will be next week at the earliest (again, with all disclaimers)? Is that accurate? Thanks!

Just to be clear. Today (hopefully, with all disclaimers) you guys will bring down the servers and patch the bug (resetting achievements) so it stops happening. But today's fix won't include restoration of post-5.9 progress that might be lost or of the reset achievements - that will be next week at the earliest (again, with all disclaimers)? Is that accurate? Thanks!

The way I understand it is they will deploy a fix today that will stop the bug from happening. The fix next week would be to restore what was lost or accumulated after the bug

• Dev Post

Hi all, the fix has been verified. We will take the Game Servers offline beginning at 04:00PM Central Time for about an hour, including the 15-minute notification you'll receive in-game.

Thanks for your patience!

Keith---

Hi all, the fix has been verified. We will take the Game Servers offline beginning at 04:00PM Central Time for about an hour, including the 15-minute notification you'll receive in-game.

Thanks for your patience!

Keith---

We were in the middle of a Karagga's Palace run when the 15 minute notification came up - defeated Karagga 10 seconds before the servers went offline! Added some excitement to the run!

@Keith you completely dropped all mentions of the KOTFE11 and other bugs people reported and just talk about the achievements now, will those bugs also be fixed in the current hotfix downtime or can you estimate when those will be addressed instead? I can totally understand why the achievement reset thing is higher priority but it would be great to know when the other bugs (personally for me: KOTFE11 breaking, and no, has nothing to do with "replaying" it after nathema because none of the players affected did that.) might get fixed. Edited by _nonchip

Thanks for your and the work of the hole team Keith! :)

I've played the new Flashpoint for the first time and had to get out in the middle, but that's it. Fixes have priority, I can play it again anohter day. ;)