Looking for best 1v1 PvP Jugg/Guardian

Jherad

Ohhhh.. I see now. This guy Duck'Bumps was following me all around huttball yesterday asking to 1v1 me. He got smashed pretty bad. We won that match and there are some cool highlight moments that i fraps'd and I am putting in my next vid! I'll check to see if he was one of my victims.

Awesome, thanks Dire. I'd really appreciate it if you could spare some time to 1v1 him and fraps that also. I'm not going to call him out here, but suffice it to say his claims of Jugg ownage have met with some ... skepticism... from me and others. A video showing one way or the other would be great.

Also thanks to Rob_y. Your voidstar vid is showing as unavailable. The huttball one is viewable but the quality is really low? Might want to try bumping it up a little (try reencoding the master vid through movie maker as 1080p). Would really like to know how any duel goes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ohhhh.. I see now. This guy Duck'Bumps was following me all around huttball yesterday asking to 1v1 me. He got smashed pretty bad. We won that match and there are some cool highlight moments that i fraps'd and I am putting in my next vid! I'll check to see if he was one of my victims.

Lol took 3 of you 10 secs to kill me... bad dps is bad. Hallow took 4 secs to take me down 1v1 (no cd's for me). Doubt I'll be in your vids as it took you way to long to kill me while I just stood there and did nothing but type in chat..

Edited by Asukaa

Lol took 3 of you 10 secs to kill me... bad dps is bad. Hallow took 4 secs to take me down 1v1 (no cd's for me). Doubt I'll be in your vids as it took you way to long to kill me while I just stood there and did nothing but type in chat..

Let the damage control begin. :rolleyes:

I got money on the Jugg if hes smash

Its not even close.

I have a Merc/ Sorc and a Jugg and for 1v1 there is no competition.. Maybe a good assasin because our smash doesnt hit them as hard but thats it.

Its simple math

A geared rage jugg smash hits for 6-8 k when geared .. Lets call it 6 to be conservative

Sabre Throw -1500

Charge - 700

Crush - 2500

Smash - 6000

Interrupt- O Dmg Stops Heal

Obliterate - 2000

Force Choke- 2000 Stops 2nd heal

Smash- 6000

Sundering Assault - 1500

Obliterate- 2000

pop Enrage and Smash again -6000

Force Push , Interupt s Heal , resets Charge ,

Charge Again

Smash- 6000

Do , Here the math

34,000 Damage in under 30 Seconds

Stopped 3-5 Heals

Total Average Geared PvP'er has 20,000 hp

he gets 1 Instant heal off for 7k , SO call it 27,000hp

Uses a Defensive CD and blows a Pot , Reduce the 34,000 by about 6 k

Medpack give you 5-6 k

and you are dead..

People will flame this assesment , but if you are playing a smash jugg well you know Im right. I put down 1 v 1's all the time on my Jugg

Duck'Bumps - I was in a Huttball with you last night and tried whispering you so we could set this up but I guess you didn't see it in the confusion. Was a good round, though - once I realized you were on my team I decided to FRAPS it which immediately caused me to lag-turn off the catwalk (for some reason FRAPS only lags me when I first start it). So that was hilarious.

Duck'Bumps - I was in a Huttball with you last night and tried whispering you so we could set this up but I guess you didn't see it in the confusion. Was a good round, though - once I realized you were on my team I decided to FRAPS it which immediately caused me to lag-turn off the catwalk (for some reason FRAPS only lags me when I first start it). So that was hilarious.

I'll try to get on tonight right after work (6pm est). Saw your vid too; you do more dmg than dire. I think he is full tank spec (whatever the tree is called), that's the only way I can explain the poor dps or gear...

If anyone remembers <Seal Team Sith>, they were an awesome Imp pvp guild. I used to own their snipers, mara's, sorcs and juggs 1v1 (actually their Jugg was a beast, all fights with him were close, I'd say 60-40 in my favor if we were solo). When they saw me in WZ's, even tho I was only dps, they would gun for me everytime. How can a lowly commando be a threat? :cool: I haven't played my commando since the second day after the 1.4 patch. Just started playing him again the other day when I was talking sheet to you guys. But after the past 2 days of playing I don't see the buffs to Juggs changing the outcome. I think it's player not class/spec. Only 1 jugg so far has 3 shot me... 1... Only 1... It had to have been debuffs/buffs/adrenals/whatever else combine cause his smash hit me for 9k and then another hit for 6k and then a third for 5k. He was glowing red and I don't know what that was from, abilities, buffs or both. But it was a fluke and since has not happened again in the last 6 hours of playtime (RWZ's included).

Edited by Asukaa

Just finished Dueling with Silch (Focus Guardian). Best of 5. Score was 3-2 in my favor. Silch or I will post the vids. I need to learn how to use Movie maker now so you'll have to wait. Unless Silch posts them first. We even got jumped by 4 Imps and still won lol! Only frapped the last kill tho... so sad =(

Edit: Just rewatched vids... It was 2 imps and 2 pubs that we owned, 4v2.

Edited by Asukaa

Just finished Dueling with Silch (Focus Guardian). Best of 5. Score was 3-2 in my favor. Silch or I will post the vids. I need to learn how to use Movie maker now so you'll have to wait. Unless Silch posts them first. We even got jumped by 4 Imps and still won lol! Only frapped the last kill tho... so sad =(

Edit: Just rewatched vids... It was 2 imps and 2 pubs that we owned, 4v2.

Yea, it was a lot of fun - I thought I had started up FRAPS before the 4v2 fight, but I must not have hit it. So, I hope you got good video of that.

It was a very heartwarming experience - two people dueling and then having to beat down some interlopers (I'd imagine the video doesn't show the part where we beat some of them the first time when one of them started mortar volleying us out of nowhere, so it may look like we went after them for no reason, which I'd be okay with, too).

Here's the 5th Duel. I thought I had the first one but I didn't get that either... =(

Silch will post all 5 tho.

Oh, crap, I was about to post mine but your title card looks so much better than mine. I need a few more minutes, I think.

Ok, here're all five rounds of the duel. I'm sorry the resolution isn't as great as it could be - my video file is fine, but for some reason I can't get it to stay high res in Moviemaker -

Duck'bumps - post the video of us teaming up to take on all comers afterwards.

Ok, here're all five rounds of the duel. I'm sorry the resolution isn't as great as it could be - my video file is fine, but for some reason I can't get it to stay high res in Moviemaker -

Duck'bumps - post the video of us teaming up to take on all comers afterwards.

I'll try and get it up tomorrow. I'm at the gf's house now. =/

Video isn't showing. Is it still uploading or something?

Can you post the original file up somewhere so I can d/l it? I'll try and find a site for temp sharing. Maybe tomorrow or something.

Edited by Asukaa

I'll try and get it up tomorrow. I'm at the gf's house now. =/

Video isn't showing. Is it still uploading or something?

Can you post the original file up somewhere so I can d/l it? I'll try and find a site for temp sharing. Maybe tomorrow or something.

Maybe it was still processing when you tried - it works for me on youtube right now.

So... uhh. No offence intended, but is this anywhere close to the best on this server?

Well, I don't do a ton of duels, but there aren't any Juggs/Guardians I come across in warzones who scare me. I could have done a better job of using my defensive cooldowns in these duels (used them way too late, still in WZ mode rather than blow everything mode).

I'll be happy to duel any Jugg/Guardian who wants to claim that they're great, either on my Guardian or to keep with the theme, on my Commando. It's really a lot easier to kite on an Assault Commando than people make it out to be (I've seen both sides of it).

Well, I don't do a ton of duels, but there aren't any Juggs/Guardians I come across in warzones who scare me. I could have done a better job of using my defensive cooldowns in these duels (used them way too late, still in WZ mode rather than blow everything mode).

I'll be happy to duel any Jugg/Guardian who wants to claim that they're great, either on my Guardian or to keep with the theme, on my Commando. It's really a lot easier to kite on an Assault Commando than people make it out to be (I've seen both sides of it).

I don't duel at all. These are actually my first 5 duels with this toon. -1 that I did with a friend at level 25 a little after launch.

I am now looking for a vengeance guardian and a full tank guardian to duel. Vengeance is the one that I think I might lose to after reading the tree of abilities. I still want to try it out tho. In a wz I have los. In duels it pretty much all open. So I want to try dueling these juggs/guardians.

Edited by Asukaa

Well after reading this thread over a few days and seeing the vid I have to say - I am not too impressed. However, unlike many others here I will put my money where my mouth is.

Find me online anytime and I will duel for creds. 50k - best of 5. Any class, anywhere, any time (as long as I'm not raiding :D)

Find me on Dire(Asn) or Dìre(Jugg) (alt 141)